Germany fake team - REMOVING FILES DOESN'T WORK - Anyone else?

lucido

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I purchased FM 2011 from Direct2drive, with Byteshield protection, and Patch 1.1 already installed.

Then, I downloaded and installed Patch 1.2 from SI.

Then, I deleted ALL fake files, (which in this version) were in the folders:

- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\db\1110\lnc
- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\db\1110\edt
- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\lnc
- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\edt

Then, I searched the entire game folder, and the Save folder - in my case, Documents\Sports Interactive - for "fake" and "edt", and made sure there are no more files to delete.

This is not Steam version, so there are NO automatic updates. This means no other files were downloaded / installed.

Only then, I've started a new game... and when Germany's first friendly came up, only 3 players (the ones that play abroad) were real. All others were greyed out - FAKE.

Just to make sure, I quit the current game, searched all folders again, and started a NEW game.

I chose to start unemployed, so the time would advance faster. And there it was again - FAKE german team.

----------------------------

I've read like 50 posts about this, in various forums, and they all say the same - delete the files in the updates folders, start a new game, etc. BUT I HAVE DONE THAT.

Can anyone see the REAL german team in FM 2011? And is there a WORKING fix?

Cheers.

It does work i always do it.
It must be your copy

Forgot to add: I also use Susie Real Competition Names LNC Fix, which consists of 3 files:

- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\lnc\Awards.lnc
- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\lnc\Club Names.lnc
- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\lnc\Competitions.lnc

The 3rd file has the following line, regarding Germany:
- "FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" 771 0

So, the fake german team is supposed to be turned OFF - but it isn't.

So what does removing the fake files do then? Deletes the players and makes the manager select a squad which would consist of top German players?

By removing the fake files, you're supposed to have the REAL german squad, and solve a few others with licensing problems - Holland, Japan, South Korea.

It worked that way in previous FMs - 2008, 2009, 2010, as far as I know - but it's not working in FM 2011.

That's the point of my post: everybody seems to be talking about solutions that worked on previous versions, maybe they're NOT not checking in FM 2011. To me, the german team stays fake, even after deleting the files and starting a new game, once they start having international matches.

It's also not working for me mate.not sure what the problem is ;)

Same for me, it stays fake.

Also, has anyone ever tried to abuse this? Let's say you want to buy Ozil, but Real won't sell him unless it's for 30 million or something. Offer 0 and with the clause "After 5 international appearances - 40 million". Would that work? As the "60m after 50 league appearances" works too.

it does work as im playing it with the real german sides

Also, has anyone ever tried to abuse this? Let's say you want to buy Ozil, but Real won't sell him unless it's for 30 million or something. Offer 0 and with the clause "After 5 international appearances - 40 million". Would that work? As the "60m after 50 league appearances" works too.

That's an interesting idea, I should try that.(6)

Forgot to add: I also use Susie Real Competition Names LNC Fix, which consists of 3 files:

- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\lnc\Awards.lnc
- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\lnc\Club Names.lnc
- Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1120\db\1120\lnc\Competitions.lnc

The 3rd file has the following line, regarding Germany:
- "FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" 771 0

So, the fake german team is supposed to be turned OFF - but it isn't.

I suggest removng the real comp names fix files to see if they are interfering in any way.

Fair enough, I did try: removed all the "Susie fix" files, started a NEW game as "unemployed", and advanced all the way to Germany's first friendly - August 11th, against Denmark.

I still see a FAKE german team. Only 3 players are real - Hildebrand, Khedira, Özil. Nothing changed.

Some people say the problem is with my "copy", but it's like thousands of others, bought online or in a shop. My question remains: can someone see the REAL GERMAN TEAM, OR NOT? And if so, what did you do?

I did whut u did and it works, removed those files and viola it worked! Weird why it dont work for yu! Dunno :(

Fair enough, I did try: removed all the "Susie fix" files, started a NEW game as "unemployed", and advanced all the way to Germany's first friendly - August 11th, against Denmark.

I still see a FAKE german team. Only 3 players are real - Hildebrand, Khedira, Özil. Nothing changed.

Some people say the problem is with my "copy", but it's like thousands of others, bought online or in a shop. My question remains: can someone see the REAL GERMAN TEAM, OR NOT? And if so, what did you do?
i can see the real team, it works. if it isnt working for you in a new game, then somewhere there are still files

Lol this is great, my german and holland team is for like 75% FAKE now, lol. I see some real players and the most are Fake! Wtf? I had a crash dump folder and removed it, maybe that screwd this up or whut? Omg, this sucks man, pfff. H8 this! In the beginning it was ok, i removed those files and i saw the real teams, but i just see right now its fokd up, not good.

Anyone!???

OK, after a few more tries, here it is: I only got the REAL german team, when I didn't pick Germany as one of my playable leagues.

After opting out of the german league when choosing the database, and at least on Germany's first friendly game (August 11th, against Denmark), all the players are still real.

This means that even deleting all the fake files - in FM 2011 - you can NOT manage german teams, if you want to get the REAL german national squad.

And I'm yet to see if the real squad is available after the first friendly game, who knows.

What if instead of Germany, it was - sacrilege! - Brazil, or England?

And why do we have to go through this? Doesn't SI make enough money, to pay the rights? Even though they sell a new FM, EVERY year?

You don't need to DELETE THE FILE, just simply open the file with Notepad and ERASE THE LINES that indicate Germany team. Thus, only these two lines exist in the lnc file:

# "FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" "Nation Unique ID" "1/0 - On/Off"
# "CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" "Person Unique ID" "First Name" "Common Name" "Second Name"

You only need to edit the file in the updated 1120 folder, given you use the updated database.
Cheers...

I see this in the fake file:

# "FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" "Nation Unique ID" "1/0 - On/Off"
# "CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" "Person Unique ID" "First Name" "Common Name" "Second Name"

#Germany
"FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" 771 0
#Holland
"FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" 784 0
#Holland/France
"DISABLE_PLAYER_PICS" 784 0
"DISABLE_PLAYER_PICS" 769 0
#player name changes
"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" 1277 "Oliver" "" "Kahn"

Whut exactly to DELETE? :D