gerrard v.s lampard

they are both a cheap version of fabregas! and they are also very gay!gerrard is a diver and lampard is noob save your pennys and buy fabregas worth every penny!

Oh dear! Forget your medication?

lol as a manutd fan i think im in a position to settle the debate between you bickering scousers and gooners.

GERRARD. all action captain fantastic. the man is a legend and his only bad point is hes from liverpool. when (until torres) you carry a top four team for season after season all by yourself youve gotta be a top player.

(lamps only looked good after he was surrounded by better players thanks to romans billlions)

lol as a manutd fan i think im in a position to settle the debate between you bickering scousers and gooners.

GERRARD. all action captain fantastic. the man is a legend and his only bad point is hes from liverpool. when (until torres) you carry a top four team for season after season all by yourself youve gotta be a top player.

(lamps only looked good after he was surrounded by better players thanks to romans billlions)

how can you call gerrard 'captain fantastic' when he acts like a thug assulting people in bars , is one of the worst culprits for diving and then goes and complains about other players diving , always bottles out of playing for england by being supossedly injured . . yeh your right hes such a great captain . . oO)

arsenal fan in piece but,

gerrard is a **** captain tbh...remember when nabil el zhar when he missed that sitter when gerrard pulled the ball back for zhar to score from like 6 yards i think..when he missed gerrard went mental and flipped at him pure evil...a captain shoudnt do that..

should encourage him not makes things worse.

ok mate. what happened to innocent until proven guilty? worst culprits for diving????? lol ok hes thrown a few blatant dives in his time but one of the worst culprits for diving?? a bit over the top dont you think?

i stand by my statement. youve got to be a top player to carry a slightly above average team like liverpool year in year out.

i can criticise lampard as much as you have criticised gerrard.

hes lazy, and is even more absent in england games than you claim gerrard to be, his dribbling, pace and general mobility are nowhere near the required standard for a world class midfielder. sure he spanks in some screamers, mainly against poorer sides. have you ever seen him beat casillas, or buffon, or reina etc etc. essien runs that chelsea team, lampard likes to think he makes it tick. look where they are without essien this season.

ok mate. what happened to innocent until proven guilty? worst culprits for diving????? lol ok hes thrown a few blatant dives in his time but one of the worst culprits for diving?? a bit over the top dont you think?

i stand by my statement. youve got to be a top player to carry a slightly above average team like liverpool year in year out.

i can criticise lampard as much as you have criticised gerrard.

hes lazy, and is even more absent in england games than you claim gerrard to be, his dribbling, pace and general mobility are nowhere near the required standard for a world class midfielder. sure he spanks in some screamers, mainly against poorer sides. have you ever seen him beat casillas, or buffon, or reina etc etc. essien runs that chelsea team, lampard likes to think he makes it tick. look where they are without essien this season.

of course... essien is the driving force of chelsea it was like flamini and fabregas..flamini doing the dirty work and that releases fabregas to do the miracles..

same thing with gerrard, alonso and masherano. masherano doing the dirty work, alonso with the vision and long passes and gerrard with the miracles..

lampard has scores some beauties same with gerrard..remember lampard chipping valdes against barcelona from like 4 yards from an tight angle? that was pure skill and touch....yh gerrard has scored loads aswell.

lol are u blind or just plain stupid ?
maybe not up there with tthe likes of ronaldo and drogba but yes gerrard is one of the worst culprits but yet he never gets mentioned because he is english. i rememberr watching match of the day a while back when liverpool played chelsea and gerrard dived in the box and got a yellow, did they show it ? no, but o yeh they didnt seem to forget about damien duff's one that day . . making a scene and everything.

lol slighly above average ? liverpool are one of europes most succesful teams and your saying their slightly above average . . ok then

what about lampards dribbling ? o yeh when he single handedly took the ball past 2 aston villa players with great footwork to set up anelka's goal? you can criticise lampard all you want but the fact of the matter is that he's a top player, to score 20+ goals from centre midfield for the past 5-6 years is incredible for a centre mid

Lets not turn this into anti Gerrard thread!

If certain people take the tinted glasses off and stop acting like children and watch Gerrard play then you may appreciate how good he really is and how much he offers to Liverpool Football Club and the national team!

Anyways back on topic......I rate both Lampard and Gerrard on the game but i feel Gerrard offers slightly more but it also depends on your formation and your style of play and if it will benefit Gerrard as he can go missing if in the wrong set up but in the right set up he can be deadly with goals and assists!

But I wouldnt spend huge sums on either, Joao Moutinho is incredible on 9.3!

I am Man City at the moment and signed Moutinho for 11m! He has appeared 33 times this season and scored 21 goals, and is joint top scorer in the Premiership! He also has an average rating of 7.39 which the highest in the league!

Gerrard is better than lampard in real lfe overal but i would still prefer to have lampard in my team on fm or for my club coz he offers more even though gerrard is better

of course... essien is the driving force of chelsea it was like flamini and fabregas..flamini doing the dirty work and that releases fabregas to do the miracles..

same thing with gerrard, alonso and masherano. masherano doing the dirty work, alonso with the vision and long passes and gerrard with the miracles..

lampard has scores some beauties same with gerrard..remember lampard chipping valdes against barcelona from like 4 yards from an tight angle? that was pure skill and touch....yh gerrard has scored loads aswell.

damm you gatid lol, i knew someone would remember that goal. but gerrard in fa cup final against west ham? gerrards contless crucial goals in champions league? and as youve said loads more gerrard goals as well. to me fabregas and gerrard work miracles on a regular basis, lampard does less miraculous things and less often.

lol are u blind or just plain stupid ?
maybe not up there with tthe likes of ronaldo and drogba but yes gerrard is one of the worst culprits but yet he never gets mentioned because he is english. i rememberr watching match of the day a while back when liverpool played chelsea and gerrard dived in the box and got a yellow, did they show it ? no, but o yeh they didnt seem to forget about damien duff's one that day . . making a scene and everything.

lol slighly above average ? liverpool are one of europes most succesful teams and your saying their slightly above average . . ok then

what about lampards dribbling ? o yeh when he single handedly took the ball past 2 aston villa players with great footwork to set up anelka's goal? you can criticise lampard all you want but the fact of the matter is that he's a top player, to score 20+ goals from centre midfield for the past 5-6 years is incredible for a centre mid

no need for abuse mate. i'll put my proper football knowedge hat on now rather than my anti lampard one. (im a youth goalkeeper coach for a championship club) i appreciate both players abilities, but feel lampard offers less than gerrard, especially in terms of work rate, desire and passion. i see youve dropped the thug thing from earlier, because i think everyone knows hes not a violent player, he wears his heart on his sleeve.

lololol how can i be blind, if it wasnt on match of the day, how would i have seen it????? maybe youve opened the door onto one of the best kept secrets of football and should educate the footballling world about gerrards constant diving and cheating....

liverpool havent had a sniff at the league for years, apart from this season and thats pretty much gone now too. they may have faired better in europe recently but so have english teams in general. becasue the prem is the best league in the world at the moment. so yes above average. take gerrard and now torres out of the equation and you have a pretty normal team. instantly you will come back at me with the following players as examples of how liverpool are a top team. i'll stop you now;

carragher: the big strong quality centre back that everyone relies on, aka dunne, laursen, jagielka, upson, king, woodgate, campbell.

alonso: the box to box creator aka arteta, barry, ireland, krancjar, modric.

mascherano: the enforcer aka parker, kompany, nolan, barton, palacios.

lampards league goals 03/04: 10
04/05: 13
05/06: 16
06/07: 11
07/08: 10

20+ goals. did he hit ten in the champions league each season? he maybe made it to 20 goals each season when you include europe, fa and carling cups, but only just i bet!

gerrard has scored less but for me gives more in every other area.

im bored of arguing now, and frankly a little tired, enjoy FM whether you play lamps or gerrard.

damm you gatid lol, i knew someone would remember that goal. but gerrard in fa cup final against west ham? gerrards contless crucial goals in champions league? and as youve said loads more gerrard goals as well. to me fabregas and gerrard work miracles on a regular basis, lampard does less miraculous things and less often.

yh, im getting tired of this aswell just enjoy whoever you get tbh.

haha who wouldnt remember that goal? that was brilliant..if a player scored a goal like that but it was some1 like gerrard benzema the players that i hate big time...i would just admire the moment of brilliance and just clap

but ill still hate them tho.:)

but gerrard has scored some beauties that kept liverpool out of trouble cba to name them because their are soo many.

thats was one of the only times i said well done (in my head) to lampard. i remember the pundits arguing over whethr it was genius or fluke. one of them just went if ronaldinho did that we would be lavishing him with praise, just cause its an englishman were debating it.

it made me smile that someone finally said the truth, english players are always underrated technically.

still dnt like lampstand though lolol

no need for abuse mate. i'll put my proper football knowedge hat on now rather than my anti lampard one. (im a youth goalkeeper coach for a championship club) i appreciate both players abilities, but feel lampard offers less than gerrard, especially in terms of work rate, desire and passion. i see youve dropped the thug thing from earlier, because i think everyone knows hes not a violent player, he wears his heart on his sleeve.

lololol how can i be blind, if it wasnt on match of the day, how would i have seen it????? maybe youve opened the door onto one of the best kept secrets of football and should educate the footballling world about gerrards constant diving and cheating....

liverpool havent had a sniff at the league for years, apart from this season and thats pretty much gone now too. they may have faired better in europe recently but so have english teams in general. becasue the prem is the best league in the world at the moment. so yes above average. take gerrard and now torres out of the equation and you have a pretty normal team. instantly you will come back at me with the following players as examples of how liverpool are a top team. i'll stop you now;

carragher: the big strong quality centre back that everyone relies on, aka dunne, laursen, jagielka, upson, king, woodgate, campbell.

alonso: the box to box creator aka arteta, barry, ireland, krancjar, modric.

mascherano: the enforcer aka parker, kompany, nolan, barton, palacios.

lampards league goals 03/04: 10
04/05: 13
05/06: 16
06/07: 11
07/08: 10

20+ goals. did he hit ten in the champions league each season? he maybe made it to 20 goals each season when you include europe, fa and carling cups, but only just i bet!

gerrard has scored less but for me gives more in every other area.

im bored of arguing now, and frankly a little tired, enjoy FM whether you play lamps or gerrard.

I don't understand why your getting so stressy, alot of people have seen gerrards antics so why can't you just accept that he isnt the 'perfect captain' eeveryone makes him out to be.

The thing your saying about if you take gerrard and torres out of liverpool blah blah . . you can say that about united aswell , take out ferdinand , ronaldo & rooney in last years season
ur left with

vidic, aka the carvalho of chelsea , carragher of liverpool , jagielka

carrick, aka the barry, arteta , modric

tevez, aka the santa cruz , bellamy, anelka etc

pretty normal team with a few exceptions eh?

Yeh mate normally when your talking about how many goals a player has scored in a season you include all the cups & competitions, if i said to you ronaldo scored how many was it last year in the prem ? you would get your back up and say no he scored 42 in all comps

and yeh il say it again, if your to blind to see or even consider the other side of the arguement then please help the next person that trys to cross the 'always right' jdm

Last edited:
Firstly are you sure you can afford either one of them in the first transfer window and are both of them interested in coming to you? Secondly it depends what formation your playing?

OMG all of you stop going on their both just good football players at the end of the day they only kick a ball they don't save any lives do they? so just leave it instead of going on who's better, do you think they care who's better? no thought not.

View attachment 3346

Carrying on from my earlier post i have a screenshot of Moutinho so far this season still in March so still time for more goals:p!

As you can see his goals are pretty phenonenal but assists aren't brilliant! Main reason may be I also have the player with the highest assists in the league(Robinho-13)!

His mental attributes are really astonishing with everyone being 16 plus bar 1!

His passing percentage is also one of the highest in the league which is very important for his posistion!

So all this and being much cheaper in terms of wages and fees than Gerrard and Lampard in my opinion he would be an asset to just about any team looking to strengthen in this area and still only be 22 and have his best years ahead of him!

Hope this has been of help.

Aaron.

I don't understand why your getting so stressy, alot of people have seen gerrards antics so why can't you just accept that he isnt the 'perfect captain' eeveryone makes him out to be.

The thing your saying about if you take gerrard and torres out of liverpool blah blah . . you can say that about united aswell , take out ferdinand , ronaldo & rooney in last years season
ur left with

vidic, aka the carvalho of chelsea , carragher of liverpool , jagielka

carrick, aka the barry, arteta , modric

tevez, aka the santa cruz , bellamy, anelka etc

pretty normal team with a few exceptions eh?

Yeh mate normally when your talking about how many goals a player has scored in a season you include all the cups & competitions, if i said to you ronaldo scored how many was it last year in the prem ? you would get your back up and say no he scored 42 in all comps

and yeh il say it again, if your to blind to see or even consider the other side of the arguement then please help the next person that trys to cross the 'always right' jdm

i dont like ronaldo. not a big stage player (champions league semi and final last year.)

united minus ferdinand ronaldo and rooney would still have more top line players than liverpool. you cant compare patrice evra and neville with dossena, aurelio and arbeloa for example.

lolol 'the always right jdm' i know my views are controversial mate, and i like it. i dont claim to be right but i always say things how i see them.

i just like gerrard, i think hes the sole reason that liverpool have had any sort of recent success and i wish he was at united so scholes and giggs could retire. fat-frank for me doesnt cut the mustard.

we'll agree to disagree i think.