Lippo255

Reaction score
Get it India! (Ended)

View attachment 332664

In a recent thread about the newly formed Indian Super League a fellow Base member, Mayankv, said something that really got me thinking.

While millions have been spent signing the "big names" up for one final pay check, very little (if anything) has been done to secure the future of the game in the country. Up until that point this fact had completely eluded me! It almost seems criminal that with so much money being thrown around not 1 cent has been spent on ensuring the footballing youth of India have even the simplest things they need to turn their talent into a career, their dreams into a reality. :-(

With this in mind I have decided to start my first save of FM15 in the Indian National Football league. My goal will be simple:
Grow the game in India.

Sounds simple enough until you think that no side from India has ever even gotten past the qualifiers for the Asian champions league. Let alone done damage. No continental football, no money, no money, no investment!

Obviously this will not be a short term save so fingers crossed I encounter no bugs etc. in the cross from beta to full release.

As the emblem above has already indicated I have chosen Dempo S.C. to begin my journey. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Glad i started an inspiring thread :). Good luck chief, will definitely be following this.

Out of the oven, into the fire.

View attachment 332563

Meet & Greet

View attachment 332562

Got a little giggle out of this so thought I would share. Who is the chairman at Dempo you ask? Well it's Dempo! lol
Insert hilarious comedy routine here.

Club History

View attachment 332561

Already quite a few trophies in the cabinet. Lets hope I can add a few more, an ACL title would be nice but that is a long, long way away i'm afraid.

Season Expectations

View attachment 332560

Decided to raise expectations by telling the board I could challenge for the title. This gave me an extra 1k in wages & 20k in the transfer budget, which I immediately moved into wages as well.

League Rules

View attachment 332559

The limit on foreign players is the main point of interest here, though I am surprised that there is actually prize money on offer
(even if it is only 71k).
Only the winner has a chance of playing in Asia as well, which leaves very little room for slip ups. Hopefully over time I can improve the leagues reputation & get a few more qualifying spots.

Squad Overview

View attachment 332558

This is the main reason I decided to start with Dempo, no foreigners yet! This will allow me to put my stamp on the team from the off. Assuming I can find anyone worth recruiting lol

As far as what I already have there is a decent mixture of youth & experience. We seem particularly solid in defence, while options in midfield & attack are thiner on the ground. Will have to keep this in mind when I come to recruitment.
Overall the standard of player is even lower then I expected here is a screenshot of the player rated highest by my staff with attributes for his best role highlighted. :-/

View attachment 332553

Not exactly a star in my book, obviously there is much work ahead.

Last edited:
Pre Season

View attachment 332211

Results

View attachment 332210

Absolutely no idea what to think here.
We began with a trip to Vasco who we were expected to beat easily. At half time we where 4-1 down! Fought back in the second term to eventually win it 5-4.
Next up was another easy game we made look very hard, followed by a 6-0 drubbing by ISL side Kerala.
After 3 games I was less then impressed.
Then, from out of nowhere, we pull out a top draw performance beating Luis Garcia's Kolkata side 4-3 & backing it up with a 2-0 victory over BMFC.
Just as I'm beginning to think we've turned the corner we get hammered again, this time by Guwahati, before finishing our pre season games by beating yet another ISL side, Dehli, 4-3.
To say we have been inconsistent would be an understatement. Honestly have no idea what to expect when the season proper kicks off.

Transfers

View attachment 332208

View attachment 332207

First up is Target man Kim Seong - Yong, my first ever North Korean player. The only quality player I could find still in his prime. :-/

View attachment 332206

View attachment 332205

Dutch winger Mustapha Riga should provide us with a threat from the flanks.

View attachment 332203

View attachment 332202

Thought this guy retired a few of years back. My shock at finding him was only matched when he agreed to join. With vast experience in Europe & international football he will be a key member of my midfield.

View attachment 332201

View attachment 332200

As an Aussie myself I always like to add a countryman when I can & who better then former Blackburn & Australia captain Lucas Neill. At 36 he is obviously well past his prime but at this level he is still going to be a star.

Squad Comparison

View attachment 332195

View attachment 332196

View attachment 332197

View attachment 332193

View attachment 332194

Overall we look pretty good, there are certainly some areas that need improving but that is to be expected. My main concern is our lack of pace & anticipation at the back.

Finance News

View attachment 332192

View attachment 332191

Not something you want to hear in your first week in the job. As you can see though the clubs financial outlook is pretty bleak. A projected balance of -390k at the end of the year :-/
I suppose a tycoon takeover would be too much to ask :p

Last edited:
Super Lucas Neill! Shame Brett Emerton is no longer on FM (unless I need to load Aussie league) or else he'd have been a cracking signing. Loved him at Rovers.

Yea he would be great, didnt notice him amongst the free agents but my scouts are dreadful so he may still be in game?

On a different subject, something really strange has happened.
Loaded the database & definantly put start in India July 2014, played a few friendlies etc. & at the end of August/start of september was asked to submit my squad for the coming season & choose win bonuses etc. not a prob, until i have a closer look at my fixture list & realise i dont play a competetive match until the end of december!

Is this some sort of bug? 6 month pre season seems a little excessive especially considering there is only about a dozen teams i can play friendlies against. It is really hurting my finances as well as i make no money from any of the games i can arrange. Have tried getting some big european & sth american teams to visit but none of them see the point of playing such a lowly bunch of nobodies :-\

Dont know whether to just go on holiday until mid december or keep trying to play friendlies ?

View attachment 331692

The never ending pre season

View attachment 331690

So in the end I arranged a friendly a fort night just to keep a bit of fitness in the guys legs without tiring them out before the season proper. This also helped to stretch out the list of possible opponents.

Once I got it all set up I went on holiday ticking the use current tactics box but not the selection box hopefully this would allow my assistant to rotate the squad a bit while I'm away. Don't know if this will be considered cheating or lazy but no way I'm sitting through a 6 month pre season.

When I returned from holiday I was devastated to see this:

View attachment 331688

That's right 6 to 7 months!!! Unfortunately this will most probably mean Lucas will never play a competitive match for us :'(

Am hoping I can convince him to stay on as an assistant or something as our back room desperately needs improving.

Federation Cup Group Stage

Dempo 4 - Mumbai 2

View attachment 331685

Finally my first competitive match!
We were outplayed up until the break but managed to keep the score line to 1 all.
A change of formation & a passionate reminder that the game was still theirs for the taking saw us put the game out of reach early in the second term. Striker Kim Seong - Yong picking up the M.O.M. with a brace.

Dempo 3 - Goa 1

View attachment 331681

Fixture congestion forced a few changes as there was only 1 day between matches.
This was a bit of a strange one, but for a brief spell (15 mins maybe) of domination, in which we wrapped the game up, it was a very tight affair that could have gone either way. Dutch winger Mustapha Riga picked up M.O.M. with a goal & an assist.

Dempo 4 - East Bengal 2

View attachment 331680

Our best performance so far, clinches us a semi final berth with a game left to play.
Went a goal down early but from the time we equalised there was only ever going to be one winner. Once again Kim Seong - Yong nets a brace & picks up another M.O.M. that's 4 goals from 2 appearances for the North Korean!

Dempo 7 - Wahingdoh 4

View attachment 331673

This was a hum dinger of a final match. lost count of the amount of disallowed goals yet the score line still finished 7-4! With qualification already guaranteed I threw caution to the wind & with Wahingdoh needing a win to progress so did they. What followed was a balls to the wall goal fest spectacular! M.O.M. was Mustapha Riga though Clifford Miranda got a double as well.

Fed Cup Group A Final Table

View attachment 331672

100% record in the group stage. 18 goals in 4 matches says it all really.

Fed Cup Semi Final

Dempo 3 - Mahan Bohun 1

View attachment 331657

The until now clinical Kim Seong Yong wasted several chances early on which always threatened to haunt us as our defence was nervy at best. Fortunately when a chance fell to Clifford Miranda he slotted it home to settle our nerves. Seong Yong then scored himself in added time to send us to the break with a 2 - 0 lead.
The second half started nervously as well as the post denied us a 3 goal lead before Mahan went down the other end & pulled 1 back.
Fortunately Micky Vaz, playing his first game of the competition, restored our lead minutes later & we held on to secure our spot in the final. No awards for guessing the player of the match, again!

Fed Cup Final

View attachment 331656

Our group stage rivals, East Bengal return to play out the decider. Hopefully we can repeat our earlier performance when it matters most.

View attachment 331655

A sell out crowd of 27,000 expected to pack our home ground should give an advantage in what should be a tightly contested affair.

line ups

View attachment 331654

Despite the short turn around both sides have naturally decided to field there strongest 11 for the all important Final. The winner will be guaranteed a spot in the Asian Confederations Cup!

Blow By Blow

A 30 yard screamer from Stephen Appiah gave us the perfect start on 10 minutes, however Bengal hit straight back with a through ball for Ranti Martins to go 1 on 1 with the keeper.

On 21 minutes we restored our lead with Kim Seong Yong finishing off a superb counter attack, with an assist fro Mustapha Riga. 5 minutes later we were denied the chance to go further ahead when the East Bengal keeper pulled out 2 top drawer saves to deny Clifford Miranda & then Seong Yongs follow up effort.

Once again we were immediatley punished by a goal to Rosario Mendes, only to hit straight back ourselves through Alwyn George! This was turning into a epic battle!

A mistake from the Bengal goalkeeper allowed Miranda to tap a shot in unchallenged just before half time but once again Bengal hit straight back through Ranti Mendes! 4-3 at half time this could turn into anything!!!!!

Bengal started the second half strongly pinning us on our line as we struggled to retain possession.
With both Appiah & Seong Yong's fitness levels both dropping below 50% I made the difficult decision to replace them at the hour mark.

This was, of course, followed by Ranti Martins' hat trick to level the game again at 4 all!

On 67 minutes Mustapha Riga restored our lead from the penalty spot after a foul in the box on replacement Joy Ferrao. Riga then added another on 83 minutes to effectively hand us the trophy in an action packed decider.

View attachment 331653

An absolute classic, 'nough said! And what do we receive for this herculean effort you ask?

View attachment 331651

That's right 2.52k lol better then nothing I suppose but Asian football is the real prize!

Award News

View attachment 331676

View attachment 331675

This gave me another little laugh. Clifford spent the first part of the season on loan at ISL side Goa. At the point at which he was given the award he had never played a game for us as he returned to the club injured. Never the less he dedicates the award to me.
Appreciate the sentiment but I don't think I can take too much credit for his performances lol

Last edited:
View attachment 331004

National Football League

Dempo 3 - Goa 0

View attachment 331017

Injuries to key players, Appiah (broken ribs 5-6 weeks) Riga (pulled hamstring 5-6 weeks) & Miranda (twisted knee 4-5 weeks), put a downer on what, in all other respects, was a sensational first half display. 3-0 at the break.
The second term fizzled out as we went through the motions & were never really challenged, never the less I was happy to bank the 3 points & get our first clean sheet.

After the game injured Aussie, Lucas Neill, approached me with concerns that the squad wasn't strong enough, despite us winning 7 straight, claiming the Fed Cup in the process!!!

Unhappy with my assurances that we were fine he then proceeded to launch a full blown player revolt!!!!!

Thankfully, in a team meeting, I managed to convince the majority of the squad that we were fine but the whole mess has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Up until this point I felt we were developing an air of invincibility about us. Now I Don't know. Key players injured & a player revolt? These are the things that turn titles into disappointment.
:(

East Bengal 2 - Dempo 3

View attachment 331016

Injuries forced me to field a weekened side & switch to a more cautious approach, not that you can tell from the scoreline. My defenders starred & got the goals (even if they couldn't stop them) lifting us to our 8th straight victory.

Dempo 5 - Pune 5

View attachment 331015

Yep that's right a 5 all draw!!! This is the first game we failed to win since I took over. To score 5 & not win should be punishable by catapult! Micky Vaz got the p.o.m. for his efforts in midfield.

Wahingdoh 3 - Dempo 4

View attachment 331014

Well the beta patch hasn't stopped the goal glut by the looks. Another match that swung back & forth throughout, thankfully at the final whistle we were in front.

Dempo 2 - Salgaocar 3

View attachment 331013

My first loss in charge. In all honesty we were completely outplayed & lucky to get so close. This result also see's them leap frog us into top spot.

Table

View attachment 331006

Still in second place though we could drop as far down as 4th should results go against us.

Competition Rankings

View attachment 331012

View attachment 331011

Not the best of news as we drop 10 places in the Asian rankings. Worse still we have lost our Asian Champions League qualifying spot! The new Prize for winning the title is another spot in the Confederation Cup. To be honest I don't even know what the Confederation Cup is? Assume its like Europa League?

The Neill Saga

View attachment 331010

View attachment 331009

View attachment 331008

View attachment 331007

Was so excited to welcome Lucas to the club when he first signed but now i'm just glad to see the back of him. Never played a competitive game for us, his time at the club will be remembered for the **** storm he created, nothing else :(

Attendances

View attachment 331005

Early in the season but oh my god are we off the pace? Knew nothing about Dempo when I decided to take them on but was honestly expecting more than this. 23,000 per game lower then Mohun Bagan who sit in 7th spot on the table!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Great read so far.

Thanks mate, glad youre enjoying it. Updates are slow atm, flat out finding time to play between work & the family but hopefully things will ease up soon & i can find a bit more game time. ;)

Last edited:
Good story keep it up, what capacity is your stadium?! Gutter that the league has lost its qualifying spot!

Good read this so far Lippo, looking forward to more updates when you have the time!!

Thanks guys, Our home ground has a capacity of 27,000! Thats a lot of empty seats :/

View attachment 330676

National Football League

Mohun Bagan 3 - Dempo 2

View attachment 330675

Another loss. At least this time we were competitive, maybe even unlucky not to get something from the game. Oh well, I suppose we have had our share of luck in the past so it all evens out I guess.

On I side note, the wacky scheduling is starting to get to me. It's now over a month until our next game then we play 3 games in a week, including 2 in 3 again? :S

Lajong 3 - Dempo 1

View attachment 330665

Our worst performance yet & third straight defeat! After going to the break at 1 all the boys forgot to turn up in the second. We were completely incapable of retaining possession so spent most of the half pinned on our own line. In the end 3 -1 flattered us, might be time to shake things up.

So far in 13 competitive matches we have kept just 1 clean sheet & conceded 33 goals! That's an average of just over 2.5 a game!!! As an FMer who has always prided himself on building from a solid defence that's just not good enough. So, despite my doubts that I have the cattle, I have decided to bring back my bastardized 5-3-2 formation from FM14.

View attachment 330669

Last year this was may go to tactic for a rock solid defence & swift, counter attacking play. Hopefully with a few tweaks I can make it dominant in FM15 as well. Back to results.

Dempo 1 - Mumbai 1

View attachment 330666

An improved performance, in the first half at least. Created chance after chance but with Seong Yong away on international duty we only managed a 1-0 lead at the break. Given our lack of clean sheets I was understandably nervous.
On 67 minutes my fears were confirmed as Mumbai took what was pretty much there first chance & levelled the game at 1 a piece. From that point we never looked like winning. Once again our ball control went to **** & we were probably lucky to get away with a draw in the end.

Dempo 3 - Bengaluru 1

View attachment 330664

Finally a win! In truth though another uninspired performance. We seem to be completely reliant on 1 or 2 guys to do something special rather than working as a team, oh well a win should at least improve morale & hopefully we can turn that into better performances on the pitch.

Dempo 5 - East Bengal 2

View attachment 330657

These guys are fast becoming our whipping boys. This was our best performance in months & my first use of my 5-3-2 formation! The goals were spread around & there were plenty of good performances. Stephen Appiah picked up the m.o.m. for his outstanding effort as Halfback dictating play & helping us transition from defence to attack an instant.

Table

View attachment 330656

Still up there despite our run of poor form. 3rd place isn't too bad. We are 5 points behind leaders Salgaocar, who also have a game in hand, with 7 matches to go.

Youth Intake

View attachment 330663

Not a bad intake by the looks, seem to have discovered a very talented young wingback in Pratesh Fernandes, while goalkeeper Mahesh Rao & striker Ivo Coutinho also look promising.

View attachment 330659

View attachment 330660

View attachment 330661

Next update will be at seasons end. Wish me luck for the final push!

Last edited:
View attachment 330587

National Football League

Goa 2 - Dempo 2

View attachment 330586

Another terrible second half, not sure if its a fitness thing or if my team talks are off the mark.
Whatever I may be I had better sort it out as the title is quickly getting out of reach.

Pune 1 - Dempo 0

View attachment 330583

The first game in which we have failed to score all but ends our title challenge. We tried hard here to get the break through but just lacked that final touch. We now sit 8 points behind the leaders with just 5 games to play. interestingly enough 8 points also separates us from last placed Mumbai so just staying in the top half could be a challenge the way we are playing.

Dempo 3 - Wahingdoh 2

View attachment 330580

Decided npw is as good a time as any to blood some youth so handed starts to Mahesh D'Souza & Ivo Coutinho, whilst Vinit Rai scored from the bench tin us the game. All in all a good first experience for them as we come from behind to get the win.

View attachment 330582

View attachment 330581

Sengaluru 6 - Dempo 2

View attachment 330576

If we still had an outside chance at the title they are gone now as the league leaders well & truly put us to the sword. A win here & we were within 2 points, gutted not just by the loss but by the manner of it. :'(

View attachment 330575

Think this might have been a couple of games back but It seems more appropriate here.

Dempo 6 - Mohan Bagan 4

View attachment 330572

That's right a 5 goal haul for Kim Seong Yong almost single handedly lifts us to victory here. Once again our defence is dreadful, obviously I am missing something tactically. Guess the off season will be spent at the drawing board, but who's?

View attachment 330573

View attachment 330563

Dempo 2 - Mumbai 2

View attachment 330559

A missed opportunity here as we squandered so many chances after going 2 goals down early. On another day we might of won this 5 or 6 - 2

Dempo 3 - Lajong 1

View attachment 330571

A must win game as the winner would move to 3rd while the loser drops to 5th. After scoring twice In the first half it looked as though we would see out the game & pick up our 2nd clean sheet of the year. Unfortunately an own goal from Maulinger, in the first minute of injury time, denied us. :S

Dempo 3 - Bengaluru 2

View attachment 330568

With East Bengal & Salgoacar clear at the top this was the battle to be best of the rest. A very close encounter that could have gone either way I was pleased to sneak past them & secure 3rd place.

Final table

View attachment 330555

So 3rd place in the end leaves me with mixed feelings. Still a solid finish but it could have been much more. Glad to have picked up my first trophy of FM15 lets hope there are plenty more to come.

View attachment 330552

40k prize money for our efforts, a quick look at our finances shows how irrelevant this is.

View attachment 330551

Yep, 425k in debt & predicted to get worse, this is the main reason I am contemplating a move. If I want to improve the game in India I need a team with a bit of cash to invest, on the other hand I have already began planning for next season with Dempo & have Asian football to look forward too. Really don't know what I am going to do, guess we will have to wait & see.

In the mean time here is the first addition to the Dempo squad for next season.

View attachment 330549

View attachment 330548

International Goalkeeper Subrata Paul has agreed to join us/them next year. Paul had most recently been plying his trade at Danish club Vestsjaelland (what a mouthful!) Whether im there or not im sure he will be a star for Dempo.

Thanks for reading see you in a few months with my decision & pre season preview.

Last edited:
Off Season Update

View attachment 330401

That's right, back at Dempo. Couldn't bring myself to move just yet. Too much unfinished business!

What could have been!!!

While scouring the free agents list came across a familiar name, Joseph Yobo. The best thing was he was interested in joining! & even better, his wage demands were more then reasonable!!! Decided that as soon as some contracts expired I would make my move.
Less than a week before some wage room was freed up I got this message :'(

View attachment 330400

Missed him by that much!!! Would have been a **** of a signing even at 34!

Player Awards[/B]

View attachment 330399

2 players made the Team of the year. Striker Kim Seong Yong had a fantastic season, finishing runner up on the goal scoring charts, more then earning his place while winger Clifford Miranda was our top performer all year & also picked up the Indian Player of the year award as well as our fans player of the year.

View attachment 330398

View attachment 330396

Transfers

First up we have Brazilian Defensive Midfielder Gustavo Marmentini. Looks to be a real talent & at just 21 still has a lot of improving to do.

View attachment 330395

Next up is Portuguese winger Fabio Ferriera. Signed as a direct replacement for the aging Mustapha Riga, who I let leave despite a solid season, Fabio spent last season in the A-league (Australia) with Adelaide United & looks to be more than a suitable replacement.

View attachment 330394

My final signing also comes from Australia. Attacking midfielder Shayne D'Cunha arrives back in his homeland after a stint with Blacktown, in the NSW State League, to add some depth to our frontline.

View attachment 330393

As for who has left there are too many to mention individually. In all I said goodbye to 14 players who were either deemed surplus to requirements or asked for too much during contract negotiations.

Budgets & Expectations

View attachment 330392

Budget has stayed about the same as last year.
Believe it or not I was quite pleased by this, after the massive hit the clubs finances took last year I had worried that my budgets might be slashed.

View attachment 330391

No debate to be had here, the board will settle for nothing less then winning the league!

A Heart-Breaking Discovery

One of the main reasons I decided to stay with Dempo in the off season was the promise of some football in Asia. A quick look at my competitions for the up coming year made me worry.

View attachment 330390

Shouldn't the Confederation Cup be mentioned here? Next I checked my fixture list

View attachment 330389

Nope, no mention here either. What the F is going on?
The only explanation I can come up with is that when the Nations ranking dropped & we lost our Asian Champions League Qualifying spot we also lost the Confederation Cup qualifying spot for winning the Indian Federation Cup. A quick check of the new competition rules seems to confirm this.

View attachment 330388

No mention of a qualifying spot in here! Absolutely distraught at this!!! You would think this is something I should have read about in my inbox when it happened. GRRRR!!!!!

Pre Season update to follow.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Just Finished playing my first competitive match of the season, took my screenshots as usual & hit save. Left the room to get my daughter the juice she had been whinging for & by the time I got back she had turned my laptop off! Mid Save!!!

Tried to re load but got this message.

View attachment 330020

Needless to say my heart skipped a beat, **** KIDS!!!

Luckily the game created a back up so I'm ok. Just wanted to let people know in case some late friendly results don't match up in later screenshots as I had to re do them, as well as my first Durand Cup match. Don't want to be accussed of reloading to get results.

Last edited:
View attachment 329999

Pre Season

View attachment 329998

Another mammoth pre season! Not sure why the they are so long here? In any case results went much as expected as we played no one of any consequence. Spent the time watching games & trying to come to grips with the new ME.

Expectation Update

View attachment 329995

Durand Cup

As this is the only competition the board doesn't expect me to win have decided to use it to look at young/new players in competitive matches. Our first match was against second division side Rangdajaid United.

Dempo 2 - Rangdajaid 1

View attachment 329997

Young striker Ivo Coutinho Impressewd her scoring 2 goals as we fought back from an early deficit.
Not as close a match as the stats or scoreline would lead you to believe. Completely shut them down offensively & resigned them to taking shot from distance (also the way they scored after 6 minutes). Think I'm getting the hang of defending this year.

Dempo 4 - Green Valley 0

View attachment 329996

Portuguese winger Fabio Ferriera was the star here bagging a hat trick, while young fullback Dane Gomes also impressed in a game we dominated.
I know its early days but god we look good! Quick, precise ball movement we look dangerous going forward & even better, after just 2 games, we have already equalled our clean sheet tally from last season!!!

View attachment 329994

Durand Cup Semi-Final

Dempo 4 - Kalighat 0

View attachment 329993

3 games in & we have already doubled our clean sheet tally from last year! Again Fabio Ferreira Starred & is looking like an inspired signing Already!

Durand Cup Final

Blow by blow

11 minutes: defender Rowlinson Rodrigues chips an exquisite pass over the top of the Sikkam defence for Seong Yong to slot home past the keeper, unfortunately the goal was, rightly, called back for offside.

5 minutes later a Clifford Miranda free kick was nodded home by Lenny Rodrigues only to once again been ruled out for offside :/
Just 2 minutes later a swift counter attacking move was foiled when the Sikkam keeper saved a one on one shot from Ferreira. Most definantly a trend developing here

On 23 minutes, a supurb team move was again foiled by the Sikkam keeper, again off the boot of Fabio Ferreira. Starting to get a bad feeling here!

I needn't of worried, on 26 minutes we finally made our dominance pay when fullback Samir Naik thundered a 30 yard effort into the back of the net after another saved shot off the boot of Fabio Ferreira. 1-0.

For the next 10 minutes the game become a midfield battle with neither team able to create any real chances.

On 36 minutes we managed to buy a cheap corner from which Rowlison Rodrigues nodded home to put us up 2-0 & we managed to see out the half with very few problems.

The second half was largely uneventful apart from a whipped cross from Narayan Das that somehow found its way through the keepers legs to put us up by 3 & seal the title on 80 minutes. From there we saw out the game to hand me my 2nd trophy of FM15 & the team a 3rd straight clean sheet!

Dempo 3 - Sikkam 0

View attachment 329985

View attachment 329984

25.21K for the win. I suppose every little bit helps. lol

Last edited:
View attachment 329286

Super Cup

View attachment 329287

View attachment 329285

Doesn't get any closer then this. 1-1 at full time, there was no extra time, we went straight to the dreaded penalty shoot-out.
Thankfully on this occasion the football gods were on our side, as keeper Subrata Paul got a finger tip on their 5th penalty pushing it onto the post & out.

Another trophy to put in the cabinet, so far this year we have played 5 games & won 2 trophies :) :)

View attachment 329276

Federation Cup

Group Stage

Dempo 3 - Lajong 0

View attachment 329284

Not much of a contest here. We carried our Durand Cup form over & completely dominated despite a 3 week gap between games.

Dempo 2 - Salgoacar 3

View attachment 329283

If East Bengal are our bunnies then Salgoacar are our bogie side. Despite having more shots & getting more on target, we actually created the better chances (4 ccc to 2) but couldn't make them count. Oh well next time!

Dempo 3 - East Bengal 0

View attachment 329282

The luck we lacked last match returned to us here. Not saying we didn't deserve to win, we did, but the 3 goal margin perhaps flattered us. Transfer listed striker Joy Ferrao bagging 2 goals, think I will get a few calls in the morning? wont hold my breathe.

Dempo 2 - Bengaluru 2

View attachment 329281

No idea how we didn't win this game!!! They didn't create a single clear chance. One goal blasted from 30 plus yards the other a goal keeping error! Told the boys they were unlucky, what else could I do?

Final Group Standings

View attachment 329280

Conceding late in the last match really cost us. Without that we would have finished 2nd on for & against, instead we miss the semi's in favour of arch rivals Salgoacar. The board will not be happy!

A bit of analysis

formation

View attachment 329279

Have tried a few others but this has been far & away my most successful.

View attachment 329263

As far as TI's are concerned I like to keep it simple pre match & tweak on the fly.
Depending on what kind of striker I play I may change Float crosses to Whipped crosses but for the most part this is how I start each match. PI's are dependant on who I play & play against so don't see the point of showing any of them.

View attachment 329278

Just something that interested me. Compared the shape of the team late last year to how we look this year. Not a tactical genius but I think our structure has improved markedly & it is showing in our results.

Stats

View attachment 329277

Though we have conceded quite a few goals from crosses I am relieved to see we are not doing as bad as many people I have read about. The only way we have been out scored is at corners, though at 14 goals in 50 matches I am not that worried.
When you add them all up though 88 goals conceded in 50 matches does not read well, but that is only 1.7 a game, guessing if I done this last year it would have been well over 2 a game so at least we are on the improve.

Last edited:
View attachment 328679

National Football League

Dempo 2 -Bengaluru1

View attachment 328677

Drew the Federation Cup winners first up & were really struggling at the halfway point, trailing 1-0. The second half was a different story though as we burst out of the gate & equalised through Clifford Miranda. On 69 minutes Seong Yong put us in front & we were never threatened from there. The only downside was a serious injury to Stephen Appiah.

View attachment 328675

Dempo 2 - Mohun Bagan 0

View attachment 328676

Next up was the team I turned down in the off season, Mohun Bagan. Turned out to be a tight affair but in truth we always looked like winning.

Dempo 2 - Lajong 0

View attachment 328674

Another win & another clean sheet. Dominated this match & probably should of won by more but a win is a win & I'm very happy with our defence.

Dempo 4 - Churchill Bros 1

View attachment 328673

Despite having just won promotion Churchill Bros were flying high coming into this match sitting in 3rd place. We soon put a stop to that though taking our chances by slotting 4 goals past them.

Dempo 0 - East Bengal 0

View attachment 328672

A very tight game here & the first time we have failed to score this year. The most interesting stat was that despite a combined 20 shots on goal the sides could only manage to get 1 on target.

View attachment 328671

Feeling a bit cocky are we Derrick? Cant blame him. In 4 meetings we are yet to beat Salgaocar. (with the exception of a penalty shoot out win in the Super Cup.)

Dempo 3 - Salgaocar 0

View attachment 328670

That's what you get for being a smart *** Derick!!! lol
We were a tad lucky to come away with the 3 goal margin but the team played well & its good to finally beat these guys.

Table

View attachment 328669

Unsurprisingly, after the start we have made, we sit on top 4 points clear of surprise packets Pune FC (love the name) though they do have a game in hand on us.

Performances

View attachment 328668

Midfielders Jewel Raja & Clifford Miranda have been stand outs so far regularly getting both goals & assists. Also good to see young defender Pratesh Fernandes impressing when given a chance.