Getting a new Stadium in Premier League with lower league club!

FcCopenhagen

Reaction score
I've been managing Barnet all the way from the lower leagues and have now finally made a foothold in Premier League for the past 2-3 seasons.

My stadium has a capacity of 12500, and it is no longer possible to expand it any further. Anyone out there had any success with getting the board to allow you to build a NEW stadium as a lower league club who have moved up to the Premier League?

ALL my games are obviously sold out. I've read somewhere that you need to wait until the stadium is 25 years old before they will allow you to build a new one, that kinda suck since my stadium is from 2009 and I'm in 2021 now, so spending another 14-15 years with a 12500 stadium in Premier League will really suck donkey.

Basically anyone have some succes stories about getting a NEW stadium as a terrible club making it into the highest devision? What influence it other than the current one being sold out. Do I need to have tons of money on the ballance etc?

I got one with Altrincham after a few season in the Prem. You don't need huge amounts of money but obviously the more cash in the bank the better. I think it is 20 years between new stadiums. I'm closing in on 20 years since my 'new' one was built and really need another new one so we shall see

How much capacity did they give you in the first new stadium you got?

my salisbury city save

Got promoted to premier league and they offered to build me a 16,000 seat stadium and took out a loan for it, I will have 1 season in premier league with my 5,000 sell out stadium shame i didnt get another st mary's stadium share would have boosted money as well.

I didnt ask for the stadium they took it upon themselves to do it.

I've been managing Barnet all the way from the lower leagues and have now finally made a foothold in Premier League for the past 2-3 seasons.

My stadium has a capacity of 12500, and it is no longer possible to expand it any further. Anyone out there had any success with getting the board to allow you to build a NEW stadium as a lower league club who have moved up to the Premier League?

ALL my games are obviously sold out. I've read somewhere that you need to wait until the stadium is 25 years old before they will allow you to build a new one, that kinda suck since my stadium is from 2009 and I'm in 2021 now, so spending another 14-15 years with a 12500 stadium in Premier League will really suck donkey.

Basically anyone have some succes stories about getting a NEW stadium as a terrible club making it into the highest devision? What influence it other than the current one being sold out. Do I need to have tons of money on the ballance etc?

Mate, I've had exactly the same problem with Barnet in the prem. I groundshared with Millwall when i first got promoted as they had to increase the capacity, 12,500 capacity like yours. After 2 seasons they increased it to 13,250 but don't think there is a chance of a new stadium until about 2032!

How can I check if it's not possible to increase more my stadium capacity?

It says so when you hover the mouse over the option to expand it when talking to the board

So, still no reports of ANYONE getting a PROPER stadium (40k+) with a team from lower league going into Premier League without waiting 20-30 years?

Perhaps something the developers should look into. Kinda makes me drop interest in the game when my team just play for 12500 people in Premier League season after season....

I'm managing Crewe. Now the yeah 2021 after 3 years in the Prem. I've been really good managing finances so I have over 100M in the bank, and I currently am using the Alexandra stadium(starter) at about 12500 seats and get sold out too. At the end of a successful year 2020, my board decided it would be best to build a new ground but I don't remember the new capacity and I'm not at the computer, but I didn't ask them, they just told me that we deserved a new field and it's to be finished in 2022.
Keep asking for a field and hope for your board to accept or just keep playing and wait to see if your board will tell you they're building on on their own. But it IS possible for a low team that has been brought into the prem to get one

Oki, thanks. Well please check the capacity if possible when you get near the computer.

I'm not sure how to check what the new capacity will be until it finishes, and that's over a year away in my game so when it's finished I'll let you know, otherwise sorry, I don't know.

Just hit 2026, been in Premier League since 2020, won the PL once and Champions League once and I still play at a 12500 stadium and no option to make a new one, this is really really sucky. Developers should really fix this issue and make it easier to get a proper stadium when you play in the top league with a former ****** team.

Hit 2027, still nothing. 7 years in Premier League with a 12500 stadium. Sucky stadium expansion mechanics are sucky!

Hit 2027, still nothing. 7 years in Premier League with a 12500 stadium. Sucky stadium expansion mechanics are sucky!

It is possible to get what you're after, but unfortunately for you not (yet at least) in your case. There's a rule in the game where a club can only build a new stadium every 20 years (Personally I hate the rule as A LOT can happen in that time in the game). As yours was built in 2009, it'll be 2029 before the board will even entertain the idea. Whenever I start a LLM save I always make sure the club has a stadium of 15 years or more old, so when I'm ready to upgrade it is possible. Hang in there though, 2029 isn't that far away from where you are now!

I had Dorchester and when I got to the Prem my board built a new stadium with a 24,000 capacity, ended up paying off the loan pretty quickly. Sucks though since I only had 16,000 show up most matches even when the bigger clubs came to play.

on fm13 when i got into the prem i was able to build a new stadium, the dickheads at the top only decided to build one as bi as 25,000, so I'm still maxing out. im always challenging for the title but its hard because i dont have enough money from revenues to compete with other clubs on wages.

Got promoted to premier league and they offered to build me a 16,000 seat stadium and took out a loan for it, I will have 1 season in premier league with my 5,000 sell out stadium shame i didnt get another st mary's stadium share would have boosted money as well.

I didnt ask for the stadium they took it upon themselves to do it.

This cant happen as the minimum capacity in the prem is like 15,000 or something like that.

I'm now in 2031 (stadium is from 2009) and by board keep refusing my request to build a new stadium (At least the option to request it is now there). So I am still stuck at 12500 capacity. I'm gonna play another season if they decline again I will uninstall the game and really reconsider if I'm even gonna bother buying FM2015.

Last edited:
I'm now in 2031 (stadium is from 2009) and by board keep refusing my request to build a new stadium (At least the option to request it is now there). So I am still stuck at 12500 capacity. I'm gonna play another season if they decline again I will uninstall the game and really reconsider if I'm even gonna bother buying FM2015.

Just save before you request and try until they accept? are you selling out a lot of games, if not then the board will claim you don't need one. Do you have the finances to be able to build a stadium? again, if not the board will claim you don't need one.