Getting the best out of Cesc Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, I did try... Personally I think he is overrated and will be suprised if Arsenal get anywhere near their valuation for him this summer.

I must say i dont follow you on that one. I think his probably the best midfielder in the world, and his also scoring lots of goals, so Arsenal should get some millions out of him ^^)

I don't quite see where you are getting at. In your opening post you say:

Let me know what you guys think....

But then you just play down other people's methods that have worked for them?

Mate if had bothered to experiment slightly you eventually will get results out off him

He does not do much as an Advanced Playmaker

Do you want other people's opinions or do you just want them to tell you that you are right?

(Advanced Playmaker for me)

I would think Arsenal will get 40 million out of him but I think Wenger will convince him to stay on another season like how he did to Viera

An Arsenal fan saying Fabregas is the best midfielder in the world... No suprise there then. He's not the best in the world. He could be in the future but hes only what? 23?

I don't quite see where you are getting at. In your opening post you say:

But then you just play down other people's methods that have worked for them?

Do you want other people's opinions or do you just want them to tell you that you are right?

(Advanced Playmaker for me)

Ok mate I agree with u on that one sorry if I mixed up the posts

Don't worry. :)

Just wondering.

An Arsenal fan saying Fabregas is the best midfielder in the world... No suprise there then. He's not the best in the world. He could be in the future but hes only what? 23?

I agree with you on that one but I personally feel his career is being wasted at Arsenal I mean come on he is one of the hottest properties in world football but he has not won many trophies.........I completely agree with his decision to Join Barcelona

Some facts:

Arsenal have won 2 trophies in the last 7 years
Barcelona have won 7 trophies in the last 2 years

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Just to clarify I counted trophies such as the European Super Cup and Spanish Super Cup

I disagree with this method,I have tried him in that role but had very little success with it,having an end-of-season rating of 6.78.

In regards to that,setting his as an attacking Advanced Playmaker,which he resembles to in real-life,gets the best out of him imo.The majority of Arsenal fans and people who have had success by playing with Arsenal would agree,as they have already done on this thread.

I agree with you on that one but I personally feel his career is being wasted at Arsenal I mean come on he is one of the hottest properties in world football but he has not won many trophies.........I completely agree with his decision to Join Barcelona

Some facts:

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

Just to clarify I counted trophies such as the European Super Cup and Spanish Super Cup

Yea, he I totally see why he wants to go back to Barcelona and I dont blame him. I just think that £40mil for him is ridiculous no one is worth that much money.

Some facts:

I agree that arsenal hasnt won alot the last 7 years, but as a Arsenal fan i most hope that he will stay. But of course i can see, that Barcelona is a more attractive in the moment.

But what will Guardiola do if Fabregas join the team. Put iniesta/xavi on the bench? i dont think so. And thats not the best for Fabregas's carriere

He has got a few formations he can play for example plus Fabregas will be able to develop further under the Barcelona system alonside players such as Xavi and Iniseta while at Arsenal he is their best player and he is only 23

Example Formation---

------------------------------------------Valdes--------------------------------------------------
-----Abidal/Maxwell--------Puyol------------Pique-----------------------Alves--------
-----------------------Xavi------------Fabregas----------------Iniesta----------------------
--------Messi----------------------Villa---------------------------------Pedro---------------

That is true he probs would end up on the bench as none of these 3 are defensive midfielders. Maybe not the bast move ever for him.

We just gotta wait and see I guess but I'm sure those 3 will help out defensively

He has got a few formations he can play for example plus Fabregas will be able to develop further under the Barcelona system alonside players such as Xavi and Iniseta while at Arsenal he is their best player and he is only 23

Example Formation---

------------------------------------------Valdes--------------------------------------------------
-----Abidal/Maxwell--------Puyol------------Pique-----------------------Alves--------
-----------------------Xavi------------Fabregas----------------Iniesta----------------------
--------Messi----------------------Villa---------------------------------Pedro---------------

His 23 and thats young, but not young enough to sit on the bench. And with the formation you are showing there isnt any defensive about the midfield, and that would not work.

That is true he probs would end up on the bench as none of these 3 are defensive midfielders. Maybe not the bast move ever for him.

If i were Fabregas, i would stay at Emirates 1-2 years, waiting until Xavi is being older (his not young anymore) and then transfer to Barcelona when he is sure to be in the first 11. Until then his playing every match with Arsenal and improving his football abilities, and maybe even win a some cups.

There is truth in that to MaggieBoy but again developing alongside Xavi and Iniesta at Barcelona will definetly make him a better player but again I say that despite such increased speculation Wenger will convince him to remain another season

I played an Arsenal game once. I think I played Fabregas and Song together and that worked well as you had Song who could tackle and would clear up any mistakes and Fabregas who would score and create chances.

Sort of a Playmaker and Anchorman playing in central midfield. If you put someone like Xavi with Fabregas it may not always work due to them being pretty similar.

Last edited:
I played an Arsenal game once. I think I played Fabregas and Song together and that worked well as you had Song who could tackle and would clear up and mistakes and Fabregas who would score and create chances.

Sort of a Playmaker and Anchorman playing in central midfield. If you put someone like Xavi with Fabregas it may not always work due to them being pretty similar.

Thats true mate will have to see if Fabregas even goes to Barcelona and anyways its Pepe's headache

Thread has gone off topic.. this isn't a "will he/ won't he go thread" anymore feed back from my tactics - i saw someone had some success - here it is:

I set his instructions to these and he got 4 assists against man city!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.