Getting the Latics (Wigan) to the top.

Nice one man, gunna look so stupid now conceding 9 in two games. Unreliable holiday:/ Ah well

In holiday mode, your team doesn't even play your tactic. Just the formation. It sucks. I don't know why it still is an option in FM. If they are going to keep the option to go on holiday, at least make it a better feature.

In holiday mode, your team doesn't even play your tactic. Just the formation. It sucks. I don't know why it still is an option in FM. If they are going to keep the option to go on holiday, at least make it a better feature.
Never knew that!!, but now I do I wont be holidaying every again unless it is totally necessary which is NEVER haha. Thanks for that skin though gunna play some more later on and get the next few months done

Never knew that!!, but now I do I wont be holidaying every again unless it is totally necessary which is NEVER haha. Thanks for that skin though gunna play some more later on and get the next few months done

The instant result button provides results not far from as good as playing the match yourself. The problem is when the players get red cards.

The instant result button provides results not far from as good as playing the match yourself. The problem is when the players get red cards.

Ok will take that into account, thinking of making this my Journey instead of just Wigan has Ive had some nice job offers? what do you guys think?

Stay at Wigan and win the club world championship!

October, November and December

Same as the last update, quite a mixed bag of results. Pretty happy though as we have moved up the league table and are looking strong for a good finish half way through the season.

Wigan 1 - 3 Swansea ( Watson ) - BPL

Wigan 2 - 0 Everton ( Caldwell, Boselli ) BPL

West Brom 2 - 2 Wigan ( Boselli x 2 ) BPL

The next two games I holidayed and they went absolutely terrible so please excuse the next two results.

Chelsea 6 - 1 Wigan

Sunderland 3 - 0 Wigan

I should have played these games as they were important but atleast I learnt from my mistake, now back to me managing the side.

Wigan 3 - 3 Fulham ( Caldwell, Boselli, Beausejour ) - BPL

Tottenham 2 - 0 Wigan - BPL

Brighton 3 - 0 Wigan - BPL

Wigan 3 - 1 Blackburn ( Maloney, McCarthy, McArthur ) - BPL

Hull 0 - 2 Wigan ( Watson, Boselli ) - BPL

Wigan 0 - 1 Man City - BPL

Norwich 1 - 3 Wigan ( McCarthy x 2, Boselli ) - BPL

Wigan 3 - 0 Aston Villa ( McCarthy, Boselli, Espinoza ) - BPL

Liverpool 0 - 1 Wigan ( Boselli ) - BPL

So here we are the results from these three months, McCarthy again scoring quite alot of goals. These games have got us 7th in the league which is well and truly amazing considering we were relegation targets. On top of all this I had two job offers come in from fellow BPL teams, here the SS to show who they were.

I turned both teams down however, I was quite tempted to accept Swansea with 17.5 million transfer money to spend. So that brings me on to a question: Would you guys want to see me join another club if the offer and club is right?

Next SS is the league table so lets see how we faired up in the top flight on English football.

League Table after December

View attachment 358717

That is it for this post, sorry if you can't keep up but I am getting really into this save and this save is the first save I have played on Football Manager.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Not a bad little story, just a little tip is that making the layout of the results a little more clearer but it may just be me.

It's got to be painful knowing 1 more point and you had 100!

Not a bad little story, just a little tip is that making the layout of the results a little more clearer but it may just be me.

How do you mean clearer? can you expand on that please. Thanks for the tip though

It's got to be painful knowing 1 more point and you had 100!

Yeah it was annoying but its all good knowing I got back into the top flight and am going stroing in the BPL:)

Thanks for the comment man

Yeah it was annoying but its all good knowing I got back into the top flight and am going stroing in the BPL:)

Thanks for the comment man

Maybe you could make the pictures bigger, Just double click the thumbnails after you upload them and then select full size. Should add a bit of something to your story :)

Maybe you could make the pictures bigger, Just double click the thumbnails after you upload them and then select full size. Should add a bit of something to your story :)

Making a new update now do what you said:)

January and February

So here is the update for the start of the 2014 year, I will be going over the fixtures from January and February. In total we played 10 matches three of them being FA cup matches.

January

Newcastle 2 - 1 Wigan - Ben watson put us ahead but Newcastle used their and home advantage and pulled two late goals back to win the tie. ( BPL )

Derby 0 - 0 Wigan - This was a boring match which ended goalless, we dominated the possession but couldnt get the ball into the back of the net which are starting to become a common problem. ( FA Cup )

Wigan 2 - 3 Chelsea - We came close to beating Chelsea at the DW stadium but we couldn't repeat our success we had against them last time in the league when we beat them 2-1 at Stamford Bridge. Caldwell scored both goals in this game and earned himself MoM eventhough it wasn't enough. ( BPL )

Wigan 3 - 2 Derby - This was the replay match vs derby in the FA Cup 3rd round we overcame them by one goal beating them 3-2. Watson and Boselli opened the scoring before Derby trailed two back. Espinoza came on as a sub in the 67th minute to put Wigan ahead in the 79th minute. ( FA Cup )

Arsenal 0 - 2 Wigan - Arsenal hosted us at the Emirates for our premier league match up. We beat them at home 4-2 and we won again in similar style by scoring 2 goals. Boselli and Beausejour scored the goals that gave us the 3 points in this game. ( BPL )

Wigan 1 - 2 Man Utd - The red devils overcame a 1-0 deficit to end up winning at the DW stadium 2-1 which meant we had to leave the FA Cup. Ramis scored our only goal from a corner in a well thought match between the two sides with Utd coming out on top with their quality line up. ( FA Cup 4th Rnd )

Wigan 2 - 2 Man Utd - We win had the joy of playing Man Utd at home again for the second game running. This time I had a smile on my face as we drew the game 2-2 which is good enough for me as every point matters at this stage in the season. Boselli got our 1st goal before De Gea scored an own goal in the 91st minute to give us a dramatic equaliser. ( BPL )

Wigan 1 - 0 West Ham - Adam Smith scored his first goal for Wigan and it was at the right time because if he hadn't of scored the game could of ended up in a draw or even a loss. ( BPL )

Stoke 3 - 0 Wigan - Disappointing game here getting absolutely hammered by Stoke losing 3-0. ( BPL )

Swansea 1 - 0 Wigan - The Swans scored a goal in the 55th minute to win this game 1-0. We dominated possession but couldn't convert our chances into goals. ( BPL )

So after these two months we have ended up 10th in the League and are still going strong. There was also some other news as I had another job offer from none other than the respectable club Liverpool FC.

This offer was very tempting but I feel as if my job at Wigan isn't yet done and I will be staying with the club for a few more seasons and seeing where it takes us.

This is a different style of writing I approached, actually giving you some insight into each match and how they played out. Please reply to this post and tell me if you like it better or if you prefer the previous posts where I just put the scorers and the competition it was played in.

Thanks alot for reading.

Last edited:
GUYS, It is safe to say I have just achieved a MIRACLE. Stay tuned for tomorrows first episode to see what it is !!!!

its not a deposit ... its a deficit that MAN UTD overcame ...