Getting the Latics (Wigan) to the top.

End of season review

View attachment 358920

So here is the final league table, as you can see we pulled off a miracle and finished in 4th spot. This means next season we will be competing in the Champions League. The last game was a 0-0 draw away to Aston Villa which meant we would beat Arsenal to 4th spot on goal difference. Champions League opens new doors for the club and is their highest ever finish in the BPL, the second highest being 10th place.

In January we bought in Gaston Ramirez from Southampton here is the SS of the transfers.

Now I am going to show you how we got to the this place in the league by giving you a run down of the fixtures.

March, April and May

Wigan 4 - 0 West Brom - McCarthy, Ramis and Kone put us three goals infront and then to add insult to injury Olsson scored an own goal in the 66th minute to end the game 4-0. This gave us confidence going into the final three months of the BPL season. ( BPL )

Everton 0 - 0 Wigan - A bore draw at Goodison Park which gave us a point, a let off really has Everton missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed. ( BPL )

Fulham 1 - 0 Wigan - Berbatov gave Fulham a one goal win scoring in the 33rd minute. ( BPL )

Wigan 2 - 0 Sunderland - Fyvie and Boselli scored the goals in this game which meant we could climb above Man Utd into 5th spot, I didn't think it could get any better at this point. ( BPL )

Wigan 1 - 1 Tottenham - Maloney scored a free-kick to level the scoring which gave us a point at home against Spurs. ( BPL )

Man City 1 - 2 Wigan - Boselli leveled the scoring to 1-1 and then Watson scored a late goal to ensure that we would get the 3 points at the Ettihad. ( BPL )

Wigan 1 - 0 Brighton - Ramirez scored the only goal in this game. ( BPL )

Blackburn 1 - 4 Wigan - Boselli scored 2 goals alongside goals from McArthur and Espinoza. ( BPL )

Wigan 1 - 0 Norwich - Kone scored the only goal in this game. ( BPL )

Wigan 2 - 0 Hull - Kone scored another goal and Watson gave us the 2 goal advantage which we held out for the 90 minutes of playing time. ( BPL )

Wigan 5 - 0 Liverpool - Kone again impressing this time scoring a Hatrick in 9minutes before Maloney and Ramirez made us put 5 past Liverpool. ( BPL )

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Wigan - The last game of the season saw us play out a goalless draw with Villa to ensure we got that 4th spot. ( BPL )

I also got second spot in the Manager of the Year awards.

View attachment 358933

Now I am going to show you how we faired up in the Player and Team stats.

So this is it for my second season in charge of Wigan, I got them Champions League football and have made my job status ' Untouchable '.

Thanks for reading, next update will be tonight and will show you the signings I made to try and place somewhere decent in the Champions League and maintain my league position.

Fair play on this wigan save u have done well m8 wat experance did u choose at the begining?

Fair play on this wigan save u have done well m8 wat experance did u choose at the begining?

I chose international footballer because I was new to FM13 this being my 1st save on this, so yeah.

Thanks for the comment, any players you want me to look into signing. Im on LFC Marshall's latest update

well done on getting CL football thats incredible, best thing about your story is your 2nd name lol!

Good achievement there, keep it going :) You should be able to make it at least through the groups in the Champions League. It would be nice if you could supply some screenshots from the games like match reports or at least a screenshot of your fixture list for the month instead of just typing them - it is a little more eye-friendly.

Good achievement there, keep it going :) You should be able to make it at least through the groups in the Champions League. It would be nice if you could supply some screenshots from the games like match reports or at least a screenshot of your fixture list for the month instead of just typing them - it is a little more eye-friendly.

Sure will put SS of the fixture list, its just sometimes I play to many games getting into the habit of that. But I will try my best

You know you said I should be able to get out of the Champions League group stage? Keep looking at my thread for my next post, the group I just got drawn you wouldn't believe.

Next post will be CL playoff leg result, signings, first two months of season results, Stay posted man!

Just been having a read and you have done really awesome mate! Especially with Wigan haha, keep it up dude

So after that amazing last season getting Champions League football I had to decide what players to sign. The players I tried to sign were players with Champions League experience or young talent that will develop into great players. Overall, I am very happy with our transfers that were made and you can see these in the SS below.

Comment on what you think of my signings, I think I made some great signings especially getting Higuain on loan and Destro as he is very young and full of potential.

Now onto the results of the first two months of the new season.

August&September

View attachment 359026

So here you have it, some good results until the last two fixtures which were pretty disappointing losing a home match vs Newcastle especially. These games leave us lying in 5th place in the BPL.

The last SS is what Champions League group we got handed, I feel its the hardest group in the tournament with us going up against Real Madrid, PSG and Zenit.

Having a bad spell at the moment, doesn't look like we are going to make it out of the CL group stages. Having a bad patch in the BPL to, reviewing my options at the moment to see if I can take Wigan any further than this with the small amounts of money I am given.

October&November

View attachment 359246

So here you have it, the results for the months of October and November. As you can see we are having a terrible season so far losing some games we shouldve won. We have been drawing some easy matches and getting smashed in the hard matches. Two highlights of these two months though were the 1-0 win vs Real Madrid and then 5-1 win vs Zenit.

Here is what the league table looks like after playing out 4 months in the 2014 season. Not as good as last season but there is still some way to go so im not feeling to down about it at the moment, however if a job offer comes through from a bigger team then I would consider taking it because I want to make the most out of my managing career not just sticking at the same club. I think I have done enough getting Wigan their highest ever league finish in my 1st season back in the BPL anyway.

Finally, the Champions League Group. There is one game left in the group and we are in 3rd place. We can still make it to 2nd place if we beat PSG in France but with our current form it is looking highly unlikely that we can overcome the French Giants.

Theres not much interest in this, well not much comments and feedback. But im going to stick this out!

I have got some big news coming up, Leaving Wigan and joining a new Club.

Also a little twist only letting my Director of Football buy players etc!

Find out what club I joined later on

I'm reading just I don't comment much

Nice one, well im not going to make a big post about it.

But I got a job offer from Arsenal and joined them. However, im letting my director of football sign all my players and things. Ill update at the end of the season

Sticky patch at Wigan but hopefully will pull through. Money is always an issue at smaller clubs. I like the director of football angle though