Getting Vale back to where they belong!!

Dan

I'm back!!!!!
Reaction score
This is my first ever story and this is with Port Vale on an updated database

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

I was confirmed as Port Vale manager on the 8th July 2009

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

11th July :Carling Cup draw was made and our team drew Nottingham Forest at home. I believe this is a tough tie but as long as we have some good signings in by then we should be able to give them a run for their money
I also requested both a parent club and feeder club to be linked with so can maybe get some potential loan signings

14th July : We confirm our first signing. He is a veteran winger at the age of 32 and i believe he will be a brilliant signing. His name is Shaun Newton. He arrives at Vale on a 2 year contract worth 1,900 a week on a free transfer
Our second signing is also off a free contract and he is 28 year old holding midfielder Seyfo Soley and he arrives on a 3 year contract worth 1,600 a week
I have asked assistant manager Geoff Horsfield to take over the next two friendlies and in his first game in charge we beat Peterhead comfortably by 3 goals to nil with goals from Marc Richards, Robert Taylor and also Louis Dodds

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

is anybody interested in reading this or am i doing it for no reason????

ok thanks m8 is this a good start or can i make any improvements?

I'm following, it's a good start for a first try yes :).

I would of said Port Vale are exactly were they belong. :p

ill carry on........

15th July: VALE START NEGOTIATIONS WITH LAMBO
Port Vale open negotiations with 17 year old FC Dallas Goalkeeper Josh Lambo for a deal believed to be around 20k

VALE COMPLETE 3RD SIGNING
Port Vale manager Daniel Oakes makes Ronnie Wallwork his 3rd signing on a 2 year deal for 2,300 a week.

17th July: OAKES CANCELS FRIENDLIES TO ARRANGE IRELAND TOUR
Vale boss Daniel Oakes has today cancelled four friendlies with West Ham, Huddersfield, Wigan and Bathgate Thistle and has arranged a 3 day tour to Ireland where the team will face off against Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers and Wexford on the 28th, 29th and 30th July respectively

18th July: 2ND GAME IN CHARGE GOES WELL FOR HORSFIELD
Port Vale trounce Whitburn 4-0 in Geoff Horsfield's second game in charge. Goals from new signing Wallwork, Dodds, Rob Taylor and Danny Glover gave Vale a comfortable win.

INJURY BLOW FOR VALE
John McCombe sustains a damaged elbow in game against Whitburn after falling heavily. The central defender will be out for 2-3 weeks and therefore may miss the first game of the season.

19th July: FIRST DEPARTURE AT VALE
Oakes gains 4,000 from the sale of Ross Davidson to Wrexham this afternoon. Oakes stated that the central midfielder is not the best at the club and would struggle to make the first team after latest signings and therefore thought that the 4,000 offer from the welsh dragons was too good to refuse.

20th July: SECOND SALE FROM VALE ANNOUNCED
Today Luke Prosser left the Vale to join Burton Albion in a deal worth around 4,000. He, like Davidson was not going to be first choice at Vale this season and therefore leaves the potteries side to pastures new.

VALE ANNOUNCE SHOCK 4TH SIGNING.................................

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Today Port Vale announced their 4th signing of the season. This was the signing of veteran 35 year old winger Gareth Ainsworth on a free transfer. Ainsworth is a former Valiant who played for Vale when they had a spell in The Championship under John Rudge exactly 10 years ago. The veteran is back at Vale after stints at Wimbledon, Cardiff and Q.P.R. One worry for Vale is that through his career this player has been very injury prone and this has cut his career short by 2 or so years.

23rd July: OAKES MISSES OUT ON LAMBO

For the first time this pre-season, Vale manager misses out on a signing in Josh Lambo as he rejects a move to the potteries club in favour of a transfer to Panathanaikos where he will recieve around 1,000 a week more than vale could offer him. It is probably the opportunity of European football that lured him to Greece.

3RD SALE BY VALE
Striker Luke Perry leaves the club on a deal wort around 6,000 as he joins Barnet. The striker believed that he would not be able to force his way into the first team at Vale Park this season and as a result of this has moved to Underhill to seek this.

25th July: Vale 'good price for promotion' states Foyle

Former Port Vale manager Martin Foyle stated that he believed that Port Vale's promotion odds of 5/1 were very reasonable. He went on to say that with a few good signings by Oakes, his team could well go up automatically.

VALE CONFIRM 6TH SIGNING
Today, Daniel Oakes confirmed central defender Alton Thelwell as Vale's 6th signing of the season. The defender is obviously a good player as he played for now premier league side Hull 2 years ago but then signed for Leyton Orient last year for a fee of 26,000 and is now Vale player.

OTHER NEWS
Vale also named their players squad numbers today with veteran winger Gareth Ainsworth gaining the elusive number 7 shirt

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Could i have some comments please possibly any improvements i could make??

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

VALE'S IRELAND TOUR ENDS IN SUCCESS
Port Vale's Ireland tour ended today with the Valiants achieving two wins in the three games played.

28th July: Dundalk 1-2 Port Vale
Vale started off just favourites for this game and justified this with a narrow victory over Dundalk. Goals from Horsfield and Dodds gave Vale a 2-0 lead before McGrath secured a consolation goal for Dundalk on 57 minutes

29th July: Shamrock Rovers 3-3 Port Vale
The toughest test for Vale on this tour proved to be so. Shamrock were stubborn from the start and succeeding in taking the lead on 12 minutes. They doubled their lead on 16 minutes and went 2-0 up. They stretched to 3-0 on 20 minutes but even this was not enough to put away the Vale. Vale battled away and got to half time 3-2 down. On 61 minutes thelwell made it 3-3 and this was the last goal of the match. The Valiants lived up to their namesake this afternoon.

30th July: Wexford 0-3 Port Vale
Vale's unbeaten run went on this evening as they succeeded in a mini demolition of Wexford youths. This match saw the pre-season debuts of stephen thompson and doug loft and they did not disappoint as loft scored 1 and thompson scored a brace to help vale to an easy victory.

30th July: VALE ANNOUNCE LINKS WITH MANCHESTER UNITED AND LEEK
Port Vale fans were delighted today as it was announced that they had a new parent club in English Giants Manchester United. Port Vale will make great use of this facility as they will be able to loan players from united for no wages and also receive an annual fee from the club. They also announced a link with Leek as their feeder club where they will be able to send their youngsters and reserves out on loan to get more first team experience.

1st August- TWO VALE MEN SIGN NEW DEALS
Today, Dave Brammer and Joe anyon both signed new contract extensions with the potteries club. Brammer extended his deal by one yar and Anyon signed a lucrative 3 year deal with the club.
Also, Vale confirmed a friendly with rivals Chasetown for the 3rd August. Vale will desperately want to win this to avenge their defeat to Chasetown last year in the league cup.

3rd August: Chasetown 1-3 Port Vale
Goals from Horsfield, Wallwork and Glover saw Vale through a relatively comfortable friendly win over local rivals Chasetown. Vale will desperately want to carry this devastating form on to the Coca Cola League 2 season.

4th August: MAN UTD DUO JOIN VALIANTS ON LOAN
Defender Craig Cathcart and Goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler joined Vale today on loan deals until the end of the season. These two will be a vital part for Vale's hopes to go up from League 2

AINSWORTH NAMED CAPTAIN FOR NEW SEASON
New signing Gareth Ainsworth is given the Port Vale captaincy this season ahead of last years captain Sam Stockley. Ainsworth stated he was delighted to be wearing the armband and Stockley was still happy although being dropped to vice-captain.

OTHER NEWS

EDWARDS SIGNS NEW DEAL

7th August- PIDGELEY SIGNS CONTRACT WITH VALE
Today Vale announced the signing of former Chelsea stopper Lenny Pidgeley. This signing is likely to be backup to Anyon and Zieler at Vale Park this season

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

comments please??? next post will be tonight about 10 00 hopefully....

Good stuff, I'm following, nice parent club.

Port Vale squad named to play first game of season against Barnet at Underhill

GK Joe Anyon
DR Alton Thelwell
DL Kris Taylor
DC Gareth Owen and Craig Cathcart
DMC Ronnie Wallwork
MC Tommy Fraser
AMR Gareth Ainsworth (c)
AML Paul Edwards
SC Geoff Horsfield and Louis Dodds

Substitutions
Robert Taylor
Shaun Newton
Stephen Thompson
John McCombe
Dave Brammer

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

9th August: Barnet 1-2 Port Vale
A good win here for Port Vale in a game where they were the better team garnering 55% of possession and having more shots than their opponents. Vale were 2-0 up at half time after goals from Horsfield and Dodds on 17 minutes and 45 minutes. In the second half Barnet struck back with a goal from Kieran Hall after 77 minutes but this was not enough to sink the Valiants ships. Geoff Horsfield was the man of the match which was partly due to the opening goal and a solid performance throughout. After their win Vale stand 6th in the table.

all i can say is........................come on you RIP RORING POTTERS!!!!!

VALE GOALKEEPING DUO MOVE OUT ON LOAN
Two goalkeepers from Port Vale, Stuart Tomlinson and Chris Martin moved out on loan to Vale's feeder club Leek. It is believed that Vale sent these two on loan to get first team football.

13th August: VALE TAKE ON NOTTINGHAM FOREST AT VALE PARK
Tonight Port Vale will have an uphill battle against Championship side Nottingham Forest and Daniel Oakes will be sending out the same side that beat Barnet 2-1 at the weekend but with 2 extra substitutes in Zieler and Lawrie.

Port Vale 1-2 Nottingham Forest
The underdogs were by no means outclassed in this game at Vale park tonight. Forest took the league through Robert Earnshaw after 23 minutes and Vale were unlucky to get Gareth Owen sent off just before half time and after that Forest did just what they needed to do. They got a second goal by Dexter Blackstock on 78 minutes before Louis Dodds scored a consolation in the 88 minutes. Port Vale put a brave performance up tonight but after the sending off from Owen, they were never really likely to challenge the Championship team.

Nice one mate keep it up, try including screenshots though.

Good stuff mate, like Druggan said try including screenshots.

how do i do them can i do them without microsoft word?

16th August TRAVEL TO MACCLESFIELD FOR 1ST ROUND OF PAINT TROPHY
The draw for the Johnstones Paint Trophy first round was made today and the valiants drew macclesfield away. This will not be an easy game for Vale as they will be away from home but Daniel Oakes is confident of winning this one.

VALE FACE MORECAMBE AT VALE PARK
View attachment 9035

This was a bad result for Vale as it was a match i really expected to win but after going 2 0 down i was not too upset with a draw!

what skin is that mate? are you from stoke, woody would you show me a screen shot of your fm2009 file so i can see if i done something wrong?

19th August: YET ANOTHER SIGNING FOR VALE
View attachment 9036

I believe this will be a very exciting signing for Vale as he will star in the first team a lot this season and due to him only being 18, I believe he will be a star for the team for years to come.

21st August: 6 VALIANT STAFF RELEASED
Six of Vale's staff were released from their contracts today. These include long time stalwarts such as Mark Grew and Bill Chetwyn. They also released various othe scouts and coaching staff.

VALE TAKE ON SHREWSBURY
This was the starting lineup and substitutions made in Vale's game against the shrews.

View attachment 9037

View attachment 9038

I am happy with this result as it was away against one of the favourites for promotion and they were also much the better team so i am happy to come away with a draw