Giggs dubbed Man Utd's 'greatest'

If he doesn't get hurt he'll play well after 40, he shows no sign of slowing down. If you measure the greatness of a player by his consistency and longevity, he is as good as any. But I have to say that the best ManU player I ever saw was probably Ronaldo 07-08.

Last edited:
Even a person that doesn't like United is pride to be able to say "I was alive to see ManU greates player of all time playing"

Great player and still in a good shape for his age.

If he doesn't get hurt he'll play well after 40, he shows no sign of slowing down. If you measure the greatness of a player by his consistency and longevity, he is as good as any. But I have to say that the best ManU player I ever saw was probably Ronaldo 07-08.

Seen Giggs in his prime? Giggs has been playing at this level for so long now, Ronaldo was brilliant too, but only for a few seasons. Plus I prefer Giggs anyway. ;)

definitely..he is right up there with George Best....Class player and was a Legend about 5 years ago....If only he opted to play for England!:'(

Legend, what an absolute legend

Seen Giggs in his prime? Giggs has been playing at this level for so long now, Ronaldo was brilliant too, but only for a few seasons. Plus I prefer Giggs anyway. ;)

His prime was before I watched much football, unfortunately, so maybe back then he was better, but Ronaldo sure has been dominant the past 4 years or so, and still is (carries Real Madrid on his back frequently). He's only like 25 so of course he isn't as accomplished. The difference though is that when he slows down, he'll be done. I think he'll be pretty much useless by his early to mid 30's because he relies so much on his speed. A more well-rounded player like Giggs can keep on going. It really is a shame that the loyalty and professionalism of Giggs is a rarity these days, there used to be a lot more athletes like him back in the day.

His prime was before I watched much football, unfortunately, so maybe back then he was better, but Ronaldo sure has been dominant the past 4 years or so, and still is (carries Real Madrid on his back frequently). He's only like 25 so of course he isn't as accomplished. The difference though is that when he slows down, he'll be done. I think he'll be pretty much useless by his early to mid 30's because he relies so much on his speed. A more well-rounded player like Giggs can keep on going. It really is a shame that the loyalty and professionalism of Giggs is a rarity these days, there used to be a lot more athletes like him back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIOj-CohIYA&

Breathe in the greatness. :wub:

Love the man, completely deserved, but his former long-ish hair is just awful :(

IMO, Giggs totally deserves this. Over 20 years of loyal service to United only one word can describe this guy, LEGEND

20 years at United, scored in every Premier League season, a true legend of the game !

wow you are basing one season against 20 and saying giggs isnt as good as ronaldo. Ronaldo doesnt deserve to lase giggs boots.

A complete hero. One of Manchester United's finest players. I true gent and a fantastic role model, i pray to god he stays in football when he decides to retire, whether that be at United of for Wales.

Probably the finest Winger to ever grace the British game.

Even as a Liverpool supporter, it's an honour to even be in the same Stadium as him when United come to Anfield.

i should say this :
Giggs was much much much better than CR7. :p
And i personally think that he can still play his best game for 2 - 3 years to come ...

Great player and deserves every bit of praise anyone can think up. Will be sad to see him retire when he does.
Even has his own fitness video which is quite a genious idea.

wow you are basing one season against 20 and saying giggs isnt as good as ronaldo. Ronaldo doesnt deserve to lase giggs boots.

i should say this :
Giggs was much much much better than CR7. :p
And i personally think that he can still play his best game for 2 - 3 years to come ...

No, I was just saying it depends on how you measure greatness...if you measure a player by his consistency and longevity, Giggs is as good as any. If you measure a player's greatness by how good they were at their peak, than I don't know who is better because I don't remember Giggs at his peak. I did see Ronaldo at his peak and he is ridiculously dominant. That video was amazing though. I actually did see Giggs play live in his prime once, it was at a friendly against Celtic in the states, but I was just getting into the sport at the time and don't remember much in particular about the match (other than the annoying American ManU fan behind me narrating the entire match to his wife).

One thing is for certain, ManU has some huge holes to fill when these legends retire, and I think the next manager will run into some difficulties. When Giggs, Scholes, VDS, Ferdinand, etc. leave someone will have to emerge. I don't know if Valencia, Berba, O'Shea, Anderson, and company are up to the task. I don't think any of them will be legends like Giggs or Scholes.

Oh, and for those of you who watched ManU throughout the 90's, why the **** did Beckham get so much media attention/credit when Giggs didn't? It seems like Giggs was a much better all around player. And Beckham usually gets attention for his "professionalism," but Giggs probably has more class in that department than Beckham...so why did the media love Beckham so much and not Giggs?

Last edited: