Glory fans

• Thread starter Thread starter mikey960
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 58
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the thing is. You can support who you want. There's something in this world called free-will, and it's not up to you or anyone else, who we support.

So, to conclude, free will > glory hunting

Same down here, Plymouth a city with around 250k people and has the surrounding areas aswell only getting crowds of 8k, its disgraceful tbh

Come on mate.

Relegation isn't going to help fan numbers. Many people don't like football, cannot get to the football.

Not awful, is it?

Same down here, Plymouth a city with around 250k people and has the surrounding areas aswell only getting crowds of 8k, its disgraceful tbh

But let's not forget that Home Park has the capacity of a mouse. You can't fit 250000 people in there

Come on mate.

Relegation isn't going to help fan numbers. Many people don't like football, cannot get to the football.

Not awful, is it?

We all anticipated the crowds would go down, but still a city with 250k people and the only clubs within around 100 miles are Exeter and Torquay, we should be getting more than we do.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

But let's not forget that Home Park has the capacity of a mouse. You can't fit 250000 people in there

I'm not expecting us to have 250k fans, I'm saying we should be getting more than 8k a week.

Yeah, but how many of the 250k are interested in football? And then how many are native to Plymouth? And how many can stomach the costs of a football fan? Way too many things to factor in.

No worries. Widnes = rugby town. I can cycle to Widnes from L'pool suberbs in just 30 mins. You qualify as a local lad.

Yay! :D:)^^)

To be fair to me, also. My Grandad had a season ticket for like 50 years, then my Dad got one too, when my Grandad passed away I got his ticket. My Grandad had a section in the Echo were a bunch of the players came down to see him when he had cancer just before he died, that's commitment and nobody can call my family glory supporters. ;)

We all anticipated the crowds would go down, but still a city with 250k people and the only clubs within around 100 miles are Exeter and Torquay, we should be getting more than we do.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

I'm not expecting us to have 250k fans, I'm saying we should be getting more than 8k a week.

a said above it will be hard getting new fans to go to games because if someone wants to become interested in football they want to watch high quality and entertaining football, which is something Plymouth can't deliver. They would rather watch the Chelsea's and the Man Utd's on tv because they play good football which allows the supporters to become interested in football. Some of these fans may just 'support' these teams so they can brag to their friends and some just want to watch good football.

Still, it's not your problem who they support. FREE WILL

It has nothing to do with me, but the point I'm getting at is regardless of who your family support or where your family live you should support your local side, if you don't agree then fair enough, I'm allowed to share my opinion just like you can share yours.

Who cares who people support? They can support whoever they want, it does not need to be a local team. You don't need to watch the team play either. It's just a game, so it doesn't matter if anyone chooses to support famous or successful teams.

firstly, why do you care who we support? As long as we follow them loyaly (dunno if it's a word) and passionately, why should it matter if we live on the stadium doorstep, or the other end of the country?

secondly, i support Liverpool even though i live 100 miles away? Why? because most of my family - older generations are from around there and only moved because they lost work - if not, i'd be a scouser :wub: the first ever football kit i got was a full Liverpool home strip from 1996? And surely everyone can relate to this, the first kit you get is always special!

I try to get to as many games as possible, but being a student without a car makes life difficult. Ticket prices don't help but I watch every game on the telly, surely that's still showing my support, and despite the difficult times we've had recently, i support the club more fiercely than ever - probably because it was nearly took from us...

so, no, i'm not a glory supporter, not in the slightest...

He's just askin.. its just a thread why do every single person on here always want to criticise and start an argument.... just say your point and be done with it :\

firstly, why do you care who we support? As long as we follow them loyaly (dunno if it's a word) and passionately, why should it matter if we live on the stadium doorstep, or the other end of the country?

secondly, i support Liverpool even though i live 100 miles away? Why? because most of my family - older generations are from around there and only moved because they lost work - if not, i'd be a scouser :wub: the first ever football kit i got was a full Liverpool home strip from 1996? And surely everyone can relate to this, the first kit you get is always special!

I try to get to as many games as possible, but being a student without a car makes life difficult. Ticket prices don't help but I watch every game on the telly, surely that's still showing my support, and despite the difficult times we've had recently, i support the club more fiercely than ever - probably because it was nearly took from us...

so, no, i'm not a glory supporter, not in the slightest...

My first kit was a strongbow sponsered leeds away kit I was in reception.

He's just askin.. its just a thread why do every single person on here always want to criticise and start an argument.... just say your point and be done with it :\

Because if he wants to have a point, he needs to have a credible argument supporting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back