"Glory, Glory To The Hibees" Hibernian F.C. Story

Dave1875

Reaction score
INTRO

Attempting my first Football Manager story with my favourite team: Hibernian F.C.

I know it won't be easy, especially since (as mentioned in other Scottish FM stories such as stonecold's latest Aberdeen story) Scottish football in FM get's harder and harder each time.

Why Hibs? Although I live 16 miles North of Aberdeen I got taken to my first game in which Hibs were playing Aberdeen at Pittodrie (ironically), and fell in love with them since there (big mistake). Supporting Hibs is probably similar to supporting Aberdeen, each season you have no idea if they are going to do good or bad.

DATABASE

I'm going to be using LFC Marshall's latest winter database with a few minor changes, these include Liam Craig being already moved to Hibs from St. Johnstone and adding Hibs training ground to Stadiums which has been made the Youth teams home.

I've loaded a large database with England, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Spain & Wales as selected countries. I've set only England and Scotland to playable

AIM

Since it's my first FM story, I've decided to set a realistic goal for a Hibs team. My two main goals are: Qualify for the Europa League & do what Hibs haven't been able to do since 1902 (
:'(); win the Scottish Cup

THE MANAGER

Set to Automatic experience with Hibs as my favourite club.
Not sure how I approach transfers since I have very limited budget.
I will be looking to bring youth players such as Handling, Stanton & Caldwell into the squad.

Next post I'll do a club info and tactic post. However I wish someone told me that writing this would be a b***h, cursor is going all over the place.

I know this looks like Klippybo's, but he's one of the best FM story writers so..... is there an easier way to write these? Nearly punched my laptop cause it kept putting colour in the wrong place, changing font etc.

HIBERNIAN F.C.

150px-Hibernian_FC_logo.svg.png

Founded in 1875 Hibs are at times regarded as one of the driving forces in Scottish football. However for a club their size they have won very little in the way of trophies; Four Division One titles (1903, 1948, 1951 & 1952). Two Scottish Cups (1887 & 1902) & Three League Cups (1972, 1991 & 2007).

Hibs maintain a fierce rivalry with Heart of Midlothian. Hearts are the more successful out of the two and (to me) always seem more driven in Edinburgh derbies. They also have a competitive rivalry with Celtic & Rangers. Some also consider Aberdeen to be a competitive rival after years of both team fighting each other for a European qualifying finish in the SPL.

Stadium

Easter Road Stadium

6875045273_c30e0a7450.jpg

Capacity: 20,421

Captain: James McPake

0,,10290~11224583,00.png

Vice-Captian: Paul Hanlon

0,,10290~11226889,00.png

Last edited:
PRE-SEASON

image-thumb7.png

Didn't have the best pre-season, lost most our games and only won two of them. Can argue that we had tough games, especially against Dortmund who we put in a good performance but lost 1-0, then got demolished by Stoke 6-0.

Wasn't optimistic about the start of the season after this, especially since most the club around me were doing business like nothing else and we couldn't get in anyone.

TRANSFERS

IN

We only got one player in during the pre-season, goalkeeper Péter Gulácsi on loan from Liverpool after they became our parent club. Rated higher than our current no.1 Ben Williams. Had Kevin Thomson in on a trial but his wage demands were too high and he ultimately went back to Rangers in mid-august. Doubt I'll bring any more players in since most of the squad is fairly new, everyone bar Griffiths, Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Hanlon, McPake, Claros, Kujabi, Stanton, Handling, Doyle and Caldwell are set to make their debuts against Dundee United

PeterGulacsi_633929292778892500.jpg

OUT

David Gold, Dean Horribine and Bradley Donaldson all went out on loan. Planning on selling Pa Saikou Kujabi, don't rate him at all and he hasn't made a single appearance this season in real life.

Last edited:
AUGUST

Hearts-v-Hibs-008.jpg

Excellent start with two wins out of four
Dundee United dismantled by my youth
Just edge past Arbroath
Cowdenbeath named as feeder club, going to see if I can get another Parent club

Fixtures

Dundee United 1 – 4 Hibernian
Craig, Stanton, Handling & Caldwell

Couldn't have asked for a better start, especially from the three youth players I promoted to first team. Was a little bit worried when United scored to make it 2-1, especially since it was Skacel that scored.

Hibernian 0 – 0 Hearts

Nothing noteworthy about this game, only real highlight was Handling getting a second yellow card for diving in the box (Yes when I saw I shouted for a penalty).

St.Mirren 0 – 1 Hibernian
Caldwell

Very boring game, Caldwell scored very early on and there weren't any proper highlights bar cleared corners and really off target freekicks. But three points is three points

Hibernian1 – 1 St. Johnstone
Griffiths

St.Johnstone took the lead early on with Gregory Tade and they generally looked the more likely to score again. Thankfully not long after the break Leigh Griffiths scored a poacher's goal to draw us level. End to end stuff after that but both keepers on form.

ScottishLeague Cup
Arbroath 1 – 2 Hibernian
Deegan, Doyle
Three D's off scoring tonight. Played mainly a youth team but Deegan and Doyle came on after Handling and Stanton were forced off injured. Was a wee bit worried when Doris made it 2-1 but we held out. Got Inverness CT in the next round

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

peter_gulascsi.jpg

Péter Gulácsi
Great performances from the Liverpool loanee. Made two double saves in the game against Hearts & a triple save against St. Johnstone. Has a low command of area but so far has conceded only two goals. Although it did help that Hanlon and McPake also put in top performances, they weren't far behind.

TRANSFERS

IN

Signed Ryan O'Leary from Kilmarnock for £45k on deadline day, only signed him cause I am really short of centre-backs and needed a back-up.

OUT

No other players left the club, due to Cowdenbeath already using up the maximum amount of domestic loans they are allowed to use. Kujabi is still here though I set him for release, hopefully if I make him unhappy enough I can get him to agree to a mutual termination.

Good start there mate, if your doing monthly updates a screenshot of the league table at the end would be nice. How is Leigh Griffiths on this years FM? Had him a few times on previous games and he was always an absolute goal machine, especially in the SPL! Anyway... good luck with the rest of the season and make sure you beat Hearts next time you play them ;)

I was going to do that but got bored in college one day and played on till the end of the season, so I'm just going back over the fixture list and over the notes I made.

Leigh is a good player, it says he's best played as a poacher but I found him unstoppable as an Advanced Forward. He went through fazes of scoring runs and droughts for me though.

Cheers pal

SEPTEMBER

1683001481.jpg

Bad month with no wins in the league
Through to next round in Scottish League Cup
Kujabi is gone!

Celtic 1 - 0 Hibernian

Kind of expected to lose to Celtic, they've been getting high scoring results all season so I was sort of happy to only lose by one

Hibernian 1 - 2 Kilmarnock
Doyle

Disappointed to lose this game, especially since we were favourites to win.

Hibernian 0 - 0 Inverness CT

Not really surprised this was the result, fielded a mainly youth and reserve side since we had them in the League Cup 3 days laters

Scottish League Cup
Hibernian 2 - 1 Inverness CT
McGivern, Wotherspoon

Pleased with this result. Always have trouble against Caley but McGivern and Spoony secure the win

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

No One

Didn't feel anyone merited the award this month, all our goals were lucky and our defending was really jammy

Story abandoned after my computer had to be wiped due to a virus :'(

Will hopefully do a second version of this and include monthly league tables, transfers, sackings etc.

May start it soon but wanting to get all my graphics files & skins back first