Reaction score
GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 297702

Nickname : Modri
Founded : 1911
Value : £13.25
Former Stars : Igor Biscan, Luka Modric and Eduardo

Transfer Budget £2.17m

I decided to start a story as Dinamo as i have always done a save as them each season for the past 5 years, they are a wonderful team with so many decent youth players constantly coming through the ranks.

The main goals for this story are partly in doing well in europe but the ultimate goal is to have a first 11 who are all Croatian or better still all from our youth setup, this can definetly be achieved as they have good youth coming through already.

View attachment 297707

Thats definetly how you want a youth team to look like hey, there are so many good players coming through and out on loan its ridculous.

Noticeable decent players out on loan are Kramaric and Pedro Morales who have both done well for me in previous saves.
Part of the interest with Dinamo is how much they change each season with them losing so many key players in the years since i started playing as them including Badelj, Mandzukic, Slepicka, Lovren and Igor Biscan. I know they have money but i still dont know where it goes when they sold the likes of Modric or Mandzukic.

Current Squad
View attachment 297711

Dinamo still have a good squad and a potential star in Kovacevic, as in the current FM 2013 where the go to people are Nem, Adryan, Okore and Ademilson on one season of FM it was Kramaric, Kovacevic, Badelj and Vrsaljiko for me, they were always regarded highly and so cheap to pick up for mid table sides.

The first month and transfers should be up within the hour

Always a bit more satisfying when you are using the clubs youth to build success

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 297731

Key Players

View attachment 297732View attachment 297733View attachment 297734

Key Youth Players

View attachment 297735View attachment 297736View attachment 297737

Well i definetly didnt need this before i had barely started, one of my better players CB Tonel will leave in december to go to Newcastle, i tried to renew his contract but as it happened only knew once Newcastle had put there bid in, he wanted more than £12k a week which is a lot for this league and for his age.

View attachment 297738

Big Favourites to Retain League

View attachment 297739

Always a bit more satisfying when you are using the clubs youth to build success

Yeah definetly and in the few games i have already played, so many of the youngsters have done well and got on the scoresheet

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298032

4 wins from 4 is a perfect start and we didnt even concede a goal in those games.

18/07/2012
Champions League Qualifying 2nd round 1st leg
Buducnost A
2 - 0
Cop 29 Brozovic 86
ATT : 11,282

A good victory away from home i was hoping to just knick it with the away goal from Cop but youngster Brozovic had other ideas with a power driver of a shot with minutes to go all but securing our place in the next round.

21/07/2012
Zagreb A
2 - 0
Kovacic 11, 71
ATT : 4,196

A good victory against our fierce local rivals who never stood a chance with Kovacic firing on all cylinders, he is seen as a future star but if Sammir rfefuses to sign a new contract he will be the main man now.

25/07/2012
Champions League Qualifying 2nd round 2nd leg
Buducnost H
2 - 0
Tonel 5, 93
ATT : 9,992
AGG (4-0)

We qualify for the next round and Tonel shows what we will be missing after christmas, this is why i was sad to see him go as in previous games he can bang in 10 goals a season from set pieces.

28/07/2012
Rijeka H
3 - 0
Rukavina 1, 43 Kovacic 41
ATT : 3,793

A comfortable victory as we secure our first home league win of the season without a hitch with Rukavina hitting the post 4 times in the first half some kind of record!

Croatian Premier League

View attachment 298033View attachment 298034

As you can see not much has happened so far with most teams only playing once, i dont know why i am one of the teams to have played twice as we are the only team in european competition at the same time. 4 games in 10 days does stretch your squad

Player of the Month

View attachment 298038

Kovacic has been outstanding this month he has always had that potential but this is the first year were he has some ability from the start.

Manager of the Month

View attachment 298039

Hardly my biggest achievement in FM with us being one of the only teams to have played 2 games!

gd luck...should be an easy league to win,but hope u do well in champions league

gd luck...should be an easy league to win,but hope u do well in champions league

My main goal is to have 10 players in the Croatian National team and as there is only currently 2 that is where the challenge lies, i will only buy Croatian players aswell.

nice...i will follow as i enjoy foreign stories,....just dont have the paitence to do one myself with an obscure league

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298154

First off i had a 34 year old CB Simunic complaining about lack of game time despite only being in charge for 4 matches, what shocked me was to see he was 4th best CB yet is one of the highest earning players on £8k a week my whole midfield combine gets less than that!
View attachment 298158

Also the first Croatia squad was announced with a measly 2 players from our side in the main squad but at least in the youth squads we have considerably more players in who can hopefully move onto the first team.

View attachment 298159View attachment 298160

1/08/2012
Champions League 3rd Qualifying round 1st leg
AEL A
3 - 1
Cop 4 Vida 25 Rukavina 75
ATT : 10,765

A decent win away from home i was hoping to scrap through with the win after they pulled one back after the break but Rukavinas poachers effort all but put us through to the next round. It was the first game were we conceded a goal though

5/08/2012
Slaven Belupo A
3 - 0
Brozovic 28 Rukavina 65 Vida 83
ATT : 1,909

A comfortable victory as Rukavina keeps up his good form and even CB Vida scores in back to back games this week.

8/08/2012
Champions League 3rd Qualifying round 2nd leg
AEL H
Leko 56 Kovacic 63
ATT : 19,986

After seeing some low crowds i was suprised to see such a bumper crowd which was still half the size that the stadium can fit, Kovacic had a blinder of a game after being rested recently due to being so fatigued.

11/08/2012
Osijek A
2 - 1
Sammir 13 Ibanez 43
ATT : 2,756

A very lucky win agaisnt one of our big rivals as we go 2-0 up before the break but spend the entire second half pegged back in our own, i was glad to finally see why Sammir is the highest paid player at the club as before this match he had been average.

18/08/2012
Cibilia H
3 - 2
Sammir 10 Rukavina 15 Kovacic 78
ATT : 2,953

An unconvincing win against a poor side, we get too cocky when we go in the lead and get sloppy in defence, it was 2-2 all by half time and only Kovacic coming on after the hour mark changed things.

21/08/2012
Champions League Playoff 1st leg
Sheriff H
2 - 1
Cop 18 Krstanovic 56
ATT : 20,020

A good victory as we were the lowest ranking seeded team and they were the highest ranking unseeded team but they scored there important away goal with seconds to go which will make it so much harder in the away leg.

25/08/2012
Lokomotiva H
2 - 0
Tonel 68 Kovacic 80
ATT : 3,848

A worrying match until Tonel headed in from a corner. they were all over us in the first half and so many of my players are knackered as they are so young and the games are coming thick and fast. We will play 8 games this month working out at just over a game every 3 days.

29/08/2012
Champions League Playoff 2nd leg
Sheriff A
1 - 1
Cop 16
ATT : 6,831

A good result i suppose as we go through to the Champions League Group Stages and get some much needed cash, the downside is we lose my 100% start to the season and there goal was a penalty 88 minutes into the game and it was there only shot on goal!

Croatian League Table
View attachment 298183View attachment 298184

Player of the Month
View attachment 298185

I chose Ibanez as he has put in some amazing performances this month but unfortunately got injured in the recent game and will be out for 2 months.

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298191

End Of August

Champions League Group Stage Draw

Arsenal
Shakhtar
PSG
Dinamo

By far not the easiest of groups as we get drawn against two moneybags clubs in PSG and Shakhtar, a point would be a good target for this season as in real life they didnt even manage that!

Transfer History

View attachment 298193

Quite a few youngsters leave on loan and mega wages CB Simunic leaves and takes another moaner with him in Berciraj, he was 4th choice striker to start with and on top of that we have 3 youngsters with better potential so i didnt need him whingening, I have never had so many players complain of lack of game time so early on.

The only incoming was this guy . . . .

View attachment 298194

I wasnt originally planning on any incoming players but this former star came up on my radar on transfer deadline day, i was about to put an offer in for his value of £230k but seen that his release clause had been activated but i couldnt see what it was and it turned out it was £0 so i snapped him right up!

Nice too see someone doing a story in Croatia. Following!

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298685

5 wins out of 7 this month but i still dont feel the tactic is quite right as all but one of the wins were very lucky and i knew we wouldnt stand a chance in the Champions League but the european hangover was annoying.

1/09/2012
Istra 1961
2 - 1
Brozovic 24 Vida 45
ATT : 3,006

A stuttering performance as we go 2 up but soon after the break they get one back and then pile the pressure on for the rest of the game.

4/09/2012
Hajduk H
2 - 1
Ademi 16 Rukavina 87
ATT : 26,439

The first big test of the season in the league and i was pleased with the draw but when Cop got injured with 10 mins to go i never dreamed his replacement Rukavina would knock in the winner!

15/09/2012
Zadar H
1 - 1
Cop 41
ATT : 2,796

Cop got one back after Zadar went ahead early on, but the crowds arent half fickle with only 10% showing up to this game compared to the one before but to be fare it was a poor match.

18/09/2012
Champions League Group Stage
Shakhtar A
0 - 3
ATT : 49,174

I never thought we stood a chance and by half time we were 0-3 down and i took off my strikers and AMC's and put CB's and DMC's on to stop the onslaught.

22/09/2012
Inter Zapresic A
1 - 0
Krstanovic 13
ATT : 986

A lucky win with some of the reserves but look at the difference in attendance again, we arrive in the Ukraine and play infront of almost 50,000 then come back and there are not even a 1,000 people watching.

26/09/2012
Croatian Cup 1st round
Dinara A
1 - 0
Halilovic 60
ATT : 2,136

A lucky result as i play the youth with a lot of them not even 19, Halilovic is another amazing AMC in the team and at 16 could become better than Kovacic and Sammir.

29/09/2012
RNK Split A
3 - 1
Cop 24, 39 Kovacic 59
ATT : 1,836

Our first comfortable victory all month as Kovacic comes back from a few niggling injuries and runs the show.

Croatian League Table
View attachment 298687View attachment 298688

6 points clear of 2nd place already only 11 games in and a massive 14 points clear of 3rd place, it really shows that beyond the top two in this league its anybodies game.

Player of the Month
View attachment 298689

Manager of the Month Again . . . .
View attachment 298690

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298882

October 2012

We only win 3 out of a possible 8 this month as injuries, suspensions and fatigue hit our young squad, at least 4 first teamers are under 21 and they can only play every other game at the moment including big guns Kovacic, Brozovic, Ademi and Vrsaljiko, we dont have the depth to help out either, hopefully make some big changes in the winter break.

3/10/2012
PSG H
0 - 1
ATT : 29,419

I played a very much defensive tactic in hope of gaining a point but they managed to nick it with one goal but my boys can be proud of keeping the likes of Imbrahimovic at bay.

6/10/2012
Rijeka A
1 - 2
Cop 25
ATT : 3,737

A big european hangover as we go 0-2 down in a matter of minutes but when Cop scored i thought a comeback was on the cards but my tired team couldnt raise there game.

9/10/2012
Zagreb H
0 - 0
ATT : 4,443

A poor result but none of our strikers are scoring consistenly at the moment and along with that Sammir has been poor and top goalscorer Kovacic has been injured and fatigued so much he has barely featured.

20/10/2012
Slaven Belupo H
3 - 2
Leko 25 Vida 63 Krstanovic 89
ATT : 2,821

After some poor showings recently especially from our strikers i brought Krstanovic into the mix and he managed to pop up with this poachers effort late on to stop the slide.

24/10/2012
Arsenal A
0 - 5
ATT : 57,608

A shocking defeat but i played our reserve team and i mean our reserve team not the players who are usually on the subs bench as i knew we would get thrashed either way so gave the players some precious time off. 5 matches in 11 days is just stupid!

27/10/2012
Cibilia A
4 - 2
Sammir 32 Kovacic 44 Cop 48 Antolic 71
ATT : 1,998

They show why i rested them in the last match and absolutely destroy Cibilia with both ther goals coming late on when i had already subbed out key players.

29/10/2012
Lokomotiva A
0 - 1
Vrsaljiko sent off 38
ATT : 3,546

What idiot sends one of our future stars out on loan and lets them be able to play against us Kramaric scored a wonder goal late on after we spent most of the game hanging on after the early sending off.

31/10/2012
Croatian Cup 2nd round
Rijeka H
1 - 0
Ademi 9
ATT : 3,352

A lucky win as i play a few youngsters but im not sure if im glad in going through or not as another game to add to this hectic schedule might push us over the edge.

Croatian League Table

View attachment 298883View attachment 298884

Despite some poor results recently we are still 4 points clear at the top and the big game next month against Hajduk away will probably be the title decider!

Player of the Month

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298906

November 2012

An incredible 9 games this month and we only win 4 of them with 3 of them being at the end of the month after the first team players got rests, A game every 3 days is stupid but after the long break and being only in one competition we will only play 4 games a month! One extreme to another.

3/11/2012
Osijek H
3 - 3
Vrsajiko 4 Smoje o.g 53 Leko o.g 58
ATT : 2,816

A lucky result as we go down 1-3 before half time but two big mistakes on their part mean we scrap a draw.

6/11/2012
Arsenal H
0 - 1
ATT : 26,084

Probably one of the biggest results in the clubs champions league adventure with their goal coming from an unfortunate Pivaric o.g, it was heart breaking as they were really struggling to break us down.

10/11/2012
Istra 1961 H
1 - 1
Susic o.g 68
ATT: 2,822

Another lucky result as we have to rely on an own goal to help us scrape a point, the screenshot up after this will show you the problem i constantly face over players fatigue and needing a rest.

View attachment 298907

14/11/2012
Croatian Cup Quarter Final 1st leg
Hajduk H
0 - 2
Prenga sent off 34
ATT : 25,978

I played a load of reserves in this match as so many players were travelling to ****** internationals! Prenga got a bit carried away with himself and got sent off for two yellow cards before half time.

View attachment 298908

17/11/2012
Hajduk A
1 - 0
Rukavina 21
ATT : 29,242

The key players are back when it matters and Rukavina is back in the scoring mood as we win the more important game against Hajduk who we face for a 3rd time in 5 games next week.

21/11/2012
Shakhtar H
0 - 4
ATT : 23,164

Another decimation as we prove why we are 4th seed in this group but i hope next time around we have a team in there that we could give a game.

24/11/2012
Inter Zapresic H
1 - 0
Brozovic 55
ATT : 2,784

A good victory as we start to show our title aspirations and pull away from the rest of the pack.

28/11/2012
Croatian Cup Quarter Final 2nd leg
Hajduk A
1 - 0
Alispahic 67
ATT : 29,253

Nice to get some pride back in this match as the reserves manage to win away from home, despite going out of the cup we have beaten main rivals Hajduk 2 out of 3 times this month.

30/11/2012
RNK Split H
2 - 0
Antolic 44 Vida 84
ATT : 2,818

A good victory as we actually go into half time in the lead for the first time in 3 games and Vida puts the icing on the cake to help us towards 3 league wins on the trot.

Croatian league Table

View attachment 298909View attachment 298910

We are despite our poor form at the start of the month still an impressive 6 points clear of Hajduk with 12 games to go, those games will be more spread out so the team should not suffer from fatigue.

Player of the Month

View attachment 298911

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298957

December 2012/January/Febuary 2013

I thought i would put these months together as we only played 4 times along with the winter break taking up to 8 weeks off.

2/12/2012
Zadar A
3 - 1
Rukavian 60 Leko 62 Alispahic 68
ATT : 2,452

I dont know what happened here but Rukavina came on at half time with Alispahic and they destroy Zadar in th space of 8 minutes.

4/12/2012
PSG A
0 - 4
ATT : 35,170

I dont know why this game had to come only 2 days after our league game we dont have anything to do now for 80 odd days, its just stupid how these few months have panned out as i will have 4 months to play the last 11 games in the new year.

View attachment 298958

Transfer History

View attachment 298959

I only signed one player which was the calming figure of Nekonuam who was brilliant on my Dnipro save so should do wonders here.
Krtsanovic left as he didnt want to sign a new contract and barely played anyway so i was glad to get something for him.

Pedro Morales returned from his loan spell in Chile and it will feel like having a new player and he will go straight into the starting line up.

View attachment 298961

This is why Pedro Morales was welcomed back so eagerly!

View attachment 298962

Kovacic is out for 4 months and will not play for the rest of this season!

17/02/2013
Zagreb H
0 - 1
ATT : 4,446

Not what i expected with the New Year's Revolution, a poor loss against our local rivals.

24/02/2013
Istra 1961 A
1 - 0
Sammir 9
ATT : 2,616

Another lacklustre performance as we score early on but we are still unable to put any goals into the net and win a game convincingly, i dont think we have scored 4 goals in a game more than once.

Back