GNK Dinamo Zagreb : A Croatian Journey

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 23K
For entrance into the Champions League your clubs personal coefficents dont matter, they are just too judge if you are seeded or not, or which pot you go into in the group stage, obviously higher you are the better pot you are and easier group you can potentially get.

What your looking for is the Nation coefficients (see world> Nations> then either Nations Coefficients or Qualification Places) this shows you where your country is ranked in terms of european prowess, in coefficients it will show you how far you are off certain countries above you and in the Qual Places it shows you what Rank your country needs too be too start off at later stages, for example too start in the 3rd qual round your country has too be in the top 15, this also would mean you get 2 champ league places for Croatia.

This is the point where you start seeing how your croatia contemparies are doing in the EL and hoping they do well and cursing Celtic for weakening Hajduk as that means they will not do as well in EL hence harming Croatian progress on the european stage.

Hope that helps out a lil bit on why you still have keep starting in 2nd Qual Round even after a couple great seasons in CL and if any of it needs a bit more clarifying just ask
Sorry yes i already new this just typed up incorrectly, it does seem stupid though as next season i will be in the 3rd seeds in the group stages yet have to play 6 matches to get there! I dont know what happened with Celtic as Neil Lennon is still the manager yet they now have 11 Croatian Players in there squad

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 301778

January 2015 - June 2015

First off the Winter Transfers

View attachment 301784View attachment 301785

As you can see we make the two big transfers who are two young brazilians a LB and a GK i really cant even remember when we decided to sign them i think the GK was almost 2 years ago. After Bohnof being a revelation this season i decided to pick up his compatriot CB on a free aswell and hopefully he can be as good.

View attachment 301789View attachment 301790View attachment 301791

The GK Dico has the best chance of making something of himself and with national team already using Sammir and Ibanez i can see him getting called up if he stays with us long enough.

The only big player to leave was Sammir he is 28 now and way behind Kovacic, Bijan and Halilovic in the pecking order and earns more than all of them and nobody wanted him so i agreed a mutual termination of his contract.

New Tactic!

View attachment 301794

Our new Christmas tree tactic has worked wonders this season and with the WB's we have so much more width which has helped Kolar massively, Ibanez has 20 assists this season.

Unfortunately Kovacic missed the rest of the season.

View attachment 301795

Champions League

So we started off with our favourable draw against Ajax

View attachment 301799

Closer match than i had expected with us getting a lot of yellow cards and only the one shot on target which was luckily a goal, we have left ourselves with it all to do in the 2nd leg.

View attachment 301800

When Ibanez went off injured i was worried about the outcome but Kolar came good and managed to score with minutes remaining.

We have been drawn against Benfica for the Quarter Finals who destroyed us in the group stages the year before.

View attachment 301801

We go 2-0 up early on and i really expected a good tie but they came back quickly and put us in our place, it does show improvement on our part after getting thrashed twice by them last year.

View attachment 301802

We lose 7-4 on aggregate but i was still happy that we banged in a couple of goals against them at their place, as you can see Kolar has become a key striker this season and Olic has barely played since Christmas.

The only good thing about losing to Benfica was that they were the eventual winners this season.

View attachment 301803

Champions League Results

View attachment 301804

We won the Croatian Cup again but it was no challenge even Hajduk couldnt cope with our side and the team we faced in the 2 leg final were not even in our division.

View attachment 301805

For the first Hajduk game i had almost my entire squad away on international duty!

View attachment 301806

Croatian League Stats

View attachment 301807View attachment 301808View attachment 301809

We win by 24 points this season and its barely even a challenge anymore, the only goal now is europe, i do like having new youth players coming through all the time i only sign the odd player now just for the **** of it, my team is young and only going to get better

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 301810View attachment 301811

Kolar bangs in 20 goals this season and has really pushed Olic out of the team, he always scores important goals and got a call up to the national side and scored on his debut at 19 he is going to be awesome!

Best Player

View attachment 301812

Ibanez has thrived under the new tactic and has 20 assists this season which are probably all for Kolars 20 goals, he has really made Kolar what he is.

Team of the Year

View attachment 301813

5 players make the team of the year but Bohnof is the only back five player to miss out from our side and he has been brilliant!

Croatian League Overview

View attachment 301814

2 of my signings win the signing of the season awards.

League Fixtures

View attachment 301815

A few poor results in there but our league does not stop for internationals meaning some games i am missing 15 odd players and see near the end we had to play 3 games in 3 days to catch up after our Champions League Exploits!

Comp Rankings

View attachment 301817

We move up a lot in the competition rankings which has meant another team will start in the same round as me for the Champions League! I would have preferred to get a pass to the next round.

Our European Rankings

View attachment 301818

We move up a massive 22 places and i really hope now that we get put in with the 3rd seeds in the Champions League Groups next season.

Can you maybe if possible post a picture of Sammir attributes?

Thanks. Pretty weird no one is showing interest in him, not such a bad player.

Yeah he is a good player but he wants way to much money we were paying him £10k a week which is a lot in our league but he was behind a lot of players and wanted 15k which is more than the combined wages of Brozovic, Halilovic, Bijan and Kovacic

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 302444

July 2015 - December 2015

Aims for this season are to retain our League title and Cup and go further in the Champions League, i want to see more youth players step up and see if Kolar was not a one season wonder.

Season Expectations

View attachment 302445

A big transfer budget anyway but if i dropped the wage budget down i can get almost £26 million but i dont plan on spending it.

Unfortunate Injury

View attachment 302446

Ljubicic is a big part of how we play and its a devastating blow to lose him for around 6 months and he will be hopefully back after the winter break.

Our Transfers

View attachment 302447

Before Kolar came good last season i had already signed Ba for the new season but im not sure how much i need him now though, a lot of players leave again on loan but quite a few youth players have stayed to stake a claim in the first team, Puljic leaves for big money in this division and as he is not in the first team i was happy to accept it.

Croatian Transfers

View attachment 302450

The top player who left the league again went to Celtic straight after i made a move to sign him, i cant match or actually i wont match Celtics stupid contracts, they hyave 14 Croatians now.

Youth Prospects In the First Team Squad

View attachment 302451View attachment 302452View attachment 302453

Croatian Cup

View attachment 302454

I thought i would show this first as our reserves play terribly and we lose out in the 2nd round and will not be keeping our Cup for another season!

Croatian League

View attachment 302456View attachment 302458View attachment 302459

As you can see the league is almost a given each season now, i would like to push next season for an unbeaten year but the internationals affect us badly in some matches meaning we can miss upwards of 8 players on a match day.

Croatian League Fixtures

View attachment 302461

Only the one loss to Hajduk in the Eternal Derby but we were missing all of our back 4 that game but the 3 draws were unacceptable and were against poor opposition.

GNK Dinamo Zagreb Squad Stats

View attachment 302462

Champions League Adventure!

View attachment 302463

Probably the hardest group i have been drawn in so far despite now being a 3rd seed Celtic have signed every Croatian player i have gone for in recent times and Chelsea have Imbrahimovic up front and AT Madrid still have Falcao!

Champions league Fixtures

View attachment 302464

Some huge results against some big teams with the biggest result being against Atheltico Madrid!

View attachment 302465

Despite losing the last group game to Atletico Madrid we still managed to scrape through to the knockout stages and put Chelsea out!

View attachment 302466

It was nice to qualify after the Madrid game as it was a special evening as i took charge of my 200th game for GNK Dinamo Zagreb.

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 303106

January 2016 - June 2016

WInter Transfer History

View attachment 303107

As you can see nobody came in and the main players to leaver were Kramaric and Batanta as both were getting on my nerves about wanting to play, neither had very big contracts so i got rid quick, its not like either of them were ever decent players they were always far from the first team squad yet always moaning and Kramaric refused to go on loan anywhere.

Champions League

We get drawn against AC Milan!

View attachment 303108

We manage to hold them to a draw at home but the return match i think is beyond me, i only need a good draw next season and i could go so much further, their were 5 teams in the last 16 i reckon we could have beaten.

Return Match

View attachment 303109

They beat us easily on the return leg as we dont stand a chance against their fire power.

Bad Injuries

View attachment 303110

He is a big part of how we play and will be sorely missed with Vida having to come out of the middle of defence and play their and Tin Jedvaj coming in to the side.

Croatian League Table
View attachment 303111View attachment 303112View attachment 303113

The league is getting silly now as we win it by a stupid amount of 32 points and thats with losing and drawing a few matches, there are currently no challengers.

Marko Kolar shows it was no fluke last season and wins the Golden boot this season and Ibanez has set up most of those goals yet again

Marko Kolar

View attachment 303114View attachment 303115

Rest of Season Post up tonight got to get to work!

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 303239

June 2016 End of Season

Second Half of Season Fixtures

View attachment 303240

We won the majority of our games but lost to Osijek and our bogey team Lokomotiva who always take points from us, next season i hope to go unbeaten all season in the league but it is hard with the internationals sometimes coming on match days and me missing 10 plus players some days.

Awards

View attachment 303241View attachment 303242

Bonhof is so important for the team i almost forgot he is only 20 years old, it was nice to get 2nd and 3rd aswell, to be honest we probably have the best 10 youth players in the squad at the moment, We manage to get 6 players in the first team with Vida missing out again i guess because he played CB and then WBR after Sime's injury, i did think Kovacic had a decent last few months but Ljubicic came back from his bad injury and did wonders and smashed goals in!

The Squad Stats

View attachment 303243

Ibanez scored some amazing goals and has made the WBL role his own scoring for fun and assisting to the max.

Player of the Season

View attachment 303257

An amazing all round player he banged in goals and lead from the back and did so well for such a young player, he has also just been called up by Germany which is unfortunate as i was hoping he may play for Croatia if he held out for 2 more years.

Big Changes around the club with upgrades in the facilities

View attachment 303260

League Standings

View attachment 303261

Our league move up 9 places and it does wonders for our Champions League standings

View attachment 303262

We have got rid of the first 6 Champions League games and now start of in the group stages which will do wonders with the players fatigue.

Club Rankings

View attachment 303263

We move up 10 places and are in the top 36 teams now and a guranteed 3rd seed in the group stages.

Goals for the New Season

I would like to get my Croatian Cup back, i want to try and go unbeaten in the league and depending on the draw maybe get to the Champions League Quarter Finals again, We currently have 5 players in the Croatian squad but a lot more in the youth teams so hopefully they can push on and get into the main team as the likes of Brozovic, Ademi, Ljubicic and Kovacic dont ever make the squad.

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 304422

July 2016 - December 2016

Season Expectations

View attachment 304423

An absolute fortune for this division but i dont feel a need to spend much of it, the main aim is cover for key stars Vrsalijko and Ibanez as the youth intakes have not yielded any WB's.

Dinamo and Croatian Transfers

View attachment 304424View attachment 304425

Hajduk lose more key players as i sign my two WB's for reasonable prices and at young ages, Smolcic i grabbed on a free is Croatian and a DMC and has a very high chance of taking Callelo's place.

View attachment 304426View attachment 304427

Champions League

View attachment 304428

There were definetly easier groups i could have been in but it will be interesting to see how far i have come since Benfica thrashed us 4-0 twice a few years back.

View attachment 304429

The Benfica result at home was a massive victory probably the clubs most impressive since i have taken charge Marko Kolar has really come into his own this season and is going to be a brilliant player.

View attachment 304431

We scrape through just ahead of Benfica with us securing the place before the final game against Inter thanks to our highscoring victory against Benfica earlier in the season.

Knockout Stage Draw

View attachment 304435

Another bad draw as we get Juventus despite their being so many teams i think we could have beaten Celtic V Lille is one of the matches for christ's sake!

Croatian Cup

View attachment 304436

4 matches and 4 easy wins with Kolar on form along with some of the youth team getting valuable game time.

Croatian Premier League

View attachment 304437

Our main target for this season is still within our reach as we stay undefeated for the first half of the season mainly due to the change in Champions League entrance meaning we dont have to play 6 extra games at the beginning of the season.

Bogey Team Lokomotiva

View attachment 304438

After another draw against Lokomotiva i decided to see how much of a bogey team they are and as you can see they have taken 21 points off of us, looking at most other teams they have been lucky to take 6 points off us, Loko are nothing special but seem to be able to produce the goods when they play us i think its because they are our feeder club and when our players play against us they really try their hardest.

Croatian League Stats

View attachment 304439View attachment 304440View attachment 304441

We are comfortably sat at the top of the table with a big points gap again but some teams have manage to stay closer than before, Marko Kolar has been on fire and beaten all of his and the clubs previous scoring records.

Marko Kolar

View attachment 304442View attachment 304443

Kolar breaks the goalscoring record this season before we even get to the winter break showing he is turning into a real good goalscorer. 21 goals in 24 games is brillaint considering he has previously average a goal every other game the past 2 seasons.

Young CB's Getting Caps

View attachment 304444View attachment 304445

Bohnof really deserved his cap and Tin Jedvaj has developed so quickly in the last season and has shot ahead of Vida in the Croatia team.

GK Injuries

View attachment 304446

Not what you want right before you face Inter Milan, my first 3 choices of GK's out injured and 2 more on loan!

Game Day on Internationals Week!

View attachment 304447

Half the squad unavailable on a match day does not help me keep my unbeaten record going this is what has stopped our runs before.

Dinamo Squad Stats

View attachment 304448

Back