GNK Dinamo Zagreb : A Croatian Journey

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmcool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 23K
GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298963

March/April 2013

A change of tactics as i opt for two AMC's and no strikers and it works well at the start.

10/03/2013
Inter Zapresic H
2 - 0
Ademi 50, 77
ATT : 2,809

A good win as Ademi who has been a bit in the shadows for the past few months shows his early season form and blasts in two wonder goals, one almost took the post out of the ground.

16/03/2013
Zadar A
1 - 1
Sammir 34
ATT : 2,442

I was already unhappy about this result but when Ademi went down in the box and got a penalty at 88 minutes i thought my prayers had been answered! Yet Nekonuam did an almighty tap in straight to the keeper who literally had to just pick up the ball.

30/03/2013
Cibalia A
2 - 0
Ademi 74 Simunovic 88
ATT : 2,096

A good result and it shows how the new tactic is benefiting the likes of Ademi and Sammir as they are banging them in.

6/04/2013
RNK Split H
2 - 0
Morales 1 Vida 39
ATT : 2,805

A good victory and im starting to get impressed with the new tactic but i will definetly buy a new striker for the new season.

20/04/2013
Slaven Belupo H
1 - 1
Ademi 13
ATT : 2,810

A bad result but yet again Ademi gets on the scoresheet, i dont think the club needs much of an overhaul i think that next season they will be another year older and another year wiser.

27/04/2013
Lokomotiva A
0 - 1
ATT : 29,07

AAAAAAAARRGHHH i will be happy when Kramaric is back in our team as he wins the game again for Lokomotiva i dont understand who would allow their on loan striker to play against them!!!!

Croatian League Table

View attachment 298965View attachment 298966

Player of the Month

View attachment 298969

Ademi has managed to bash in 4 goals in 6 games and has played superbly in the new tactic.

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 298979

May 2013

I changed the tactic back to one up top and the results were brilliant as i faced probably the best 3 teams in the league for the end of the season, first off i asked for a new contract.

View attachment 298980

I was starting to worry as i have usually been offerred a new deal by now, they keep putting things up on the news feed after christmas saying they were worried about losing me but both times i asked about a new contract they basically said shut up! Eventually they gave me a new deal.

10/05/2013
Hajduk A
3 - 1
Nekounam pen 25 Puljic 62 Brozovic 74
ATT : 29,276

This all but secured the title but Osijek were not more of a threat than Hajduk, but i was glad to win so comfortably.

18/05/2013
Rijeka H
3 - 1
Morales 45 Cop 62 Kolar 90
ATT : 4,110

Another good win with both strikers i used getting on the scoresheet, i thought we would be going in all square at half time but our keeper took a goalkick that went over everyones heads and Morales hit it on the volley and in a wonderful goal!

26/05/2013
Osijek H
2 - 0
Kolar 85 Puljic 90
ATT : 4,523

A wonderful result as we are heading for a stalemate i bring on young poacher Kolar and he delivers along with Puljic who is a goalscoring CB who has replaced Tonel in the team.

Croatian League Table
View attachment 298987View attachment 298988View attachment 298989

I dont know if we may be the first team ever to win a league and have our top goalscorer on only 10 goals! We were tight at the back and never demolished a team but i hope that will change with the big signing i have lined up for next season!

Squad
View attachment 298990

I think you can really see the problems i had with having to rotate as so many players managed to get games under their belts, some of the younger players should hopefully not get such bad fatigue as they grow up next season.

Team of the Year

View attachment 298991

i knew we wouldnt get many players in the team of the year but i cant believe that the player in is Sammir i thought he had been the biggest let down and the likes of Ademi had had a much better season.

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 299718

June 2013

Not a lot happens in this month but we do make some big profits this season

View attachment 299719

Which means we get a massive £8 million transfer budget and its all going on a striker.

View attachment 299722

We join the European Union, im unsure quite what this means but cant help me much as i only have 2 foreigners in my current squad and im allowed 7 in my starting 11.

View attachment 299721

Finally we rise a massive 19 places in the league rankings which will only help in our search for better players.

View attachment 299720

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 299723

July 2013

We win 4 out of 5 matches this month but our chance for some early season silverware goes under.

17/07/2013
Champions League Qualfying 2nd round 1st leg
Vardar H
5 - 1
Nekounam pen 5 Ademilson 20, 23, 30 Ibanez 45
ATT : 9,960

A wonderful way to start the season and you can see i got the big name signing i wanted in the shape of Ademilson who banged in a hat trick in 7 minutes, he should be very good at this level but he has been a bit hit and miss of other saves i have bought him on.

21/07/2013
Croatian Super Cup
Hajduk H
0 - 1
ATT : 26,067

A terrible match and our players were poor Ademilson got a rating of 5.2! Hajduk scored early and then we never really had a look in.

24/07/2013
Champions League Qualfying 2nd round 2nd leg
Vardar A 2 - 0
AGG (7-1)
Morales 1 Antolic 69
ATT : 3,979

Ademilson shows his hit and miss mentality as he is found wanting for his second game in a row after banging in that hat trick in the first game.

28/07/2013
Zadar A
3 - 0
Ademilson 26, 52 Sammir 60
ATT : 2, 661

Hes back and my team are grateful for it as some are already knackered.

31/07/2013
Champions League 3rd Qualfying Round 1st leg
Neftci H
3 - 1
Ademilson 17, 32 Antolic 56
ATT : 9,967

A comfortable win as Ademilson bangs in a brace and stays top goalscorer of the tournament with 5 goals in 3 games.

Player of the Month

View attachment 299732

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 299733

August 2013

5 wins out of 7 this month but an unfortunate loss to big rivals Osijek leaves a sour taste, we carry on strong in the Champions League though

3/08/2013
Rijeka H
2 - 0
Sammir 22 Kovacic 27
ATT : 4,611

Two quick goals from our attacking minding midfielders sow this match up before the half hour mark.

7/08/2013
Champions League 3rd Qualfying round 2nd leg
Neftci A
3 - 0
AGG (6-1)
Kovacic 33 Antolic 43 Kolar 60
ATT : 1,109

Another poor showing from Ademilson means hes taken off at half time and his replacement Kolar grabbed a goal and did well in his place.

10/08/2013
Slaven Belupo A
4 - 1
Ademilson 23, 34, 91 Ademi 66
ATT : 4,589

A very late goal earns Ademilson another hat trick and he goes from zero to hero in the space of 3 days.

17/08/2013
Osijek H
2 - 3
Ademilson 18, 78
ATT : 3, 766

For once it wasnt Ademilson under performing as he tried his hardest there was some poor showings from Vida and Kevala gifted one goal for them.

21/08/2013
Champions League Playoff 1st leg
Slovan Bratislava H
1 - 1
Antolic 10
ATT : 20,652

What i thought would be another easy tie after we scored so early on turned into a nightmare as we peppered there goal with shots but none went close and they pop up and equalize late on.

24/08/2013
Zagreb A
1 - 0
Nekounam pen 49
ATT : 4,152

A lucky result as Nekounam has been much improved with his penalty taking abilities this season after some poor goes last year.

27/08/2013
Champions League Playoff 2nd leg
Slovan Bratislava A
3 - 0
AGG (4-1)
Ademilson 15, 84 Vrsaljiko 35
ATT : 10,990

We go through comfortably in the end as we do it all away from home and Ademilson decides to show up and play some football.

Croatian League Table

View attachment 299737View attachment 299738

Player of the Month

View attachment 299739

Ademilson has been a bit hit and miss this month but he has still now managed 14 goals in `12 games and has already scored more goals this season than anyone did last season with top goalscorer being Duje Cop with 10.

Transfer History
View attachment 299740

Loads of players go out on loan most to the feeder club with just the one player in, there will still be a few different players in the first team squad with a whopping 22 players come back from loan at the end of the season and at least 7 are in the first team squad now.

I thought i would show you Celtic's transfer history as for some reason they were adament on signing my midfielders offering £6 million plus for Brozovic, Ademi and Antolic one after the other and im glad i turned them down as it worked out doubly good as they instead bought up my rivals best players!
View attachment 299742

Champions League Group Stage

View attachment 299743

This will be a much more competitive group stage as i really think we can spring a suprise or two especially against Ajax and a 3rd place finish is our goal.

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 299906

An unbeaten month which includes 5 wins out of 6 but some poor displays leave me with plenty of worries, we do get off to a flying start in the Champions League though with a huge win against Schalke!

1/09/2013
HNK Gorica H
2 - 0
Vida 9 Ademilson 30
ATT : 3,515

A comfortable victory but i would have liked to thrash them as they are one of the poorer teams, Something which i only just noticed is the league only has 10 teams in it now instead of 12 and we play each other 4 times instead of 3 and play a total of 36 matches not 33.

13/09/2013
Lokomotiva H
1 - 1
Ademi 52
ATT : 4,510

A poor result as our bogey team comes back to haunt us again as they equalize late on in the only blip of the month.

18/09/2013
Champions League Group Stage
Schalke H
1 - 0
Kovacic 75
ATT : 22,051

Kovacic gains legend status instantly with this goal and one of the biggest results in the clubs history this win will pay the wages for 3 months!

21/09/2013
Hajduk H
1 - 0
Vrsaljiko 76
ATT : 27,109

Another late win but although the fans love it this result is not as important anymore as they have sold too many players and Rijeka and Osijek are definetly bigger rivals.

25/09/2013
Croatian Cup 1st round
Lucko A
3 - 2
Prenga 52 Halilovic 58, 70
ATT : 1,079

A lucky result in the end for the reserves but Halilovic proves i should definetly consider him more for the first team with a wonderful brace to win it for us.

28/09/2013
Inter Zapresic A
3 - 2
Kovacic 12 Antolic 29 Callelo 69
ATT : 1,105

Another lucky result as we go 2 up but concede two early on in the second half but we leave it late again to secure the victory.

Croatian League Table

View attachment 299910View attachment 299911

Player of the Month

View attachment 299912

Purely for that wondergoal against Schalke!!!!

As i am back to work i shall now being doing 2 updates a season and showing progress in the cups seperately as i can play this game a lot quicker than i can type it up especially with my daughter always sat between me and my laptop!

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 300113

October 2013/April 2014

Transfer History January 2014

View attachment 300114

As you can see the major transfer was selling Ademilson after only 6 months at the club i got an offer the board couldnt refuse but i wasnt too sad to see him go as despite some good early season form he went a massive 17 games without scoring and over 14 hours on the pitch, i dont know why nothing changed for him he was tired or injured, he was still playing as a poacher, i didnt change the tactic as the team as a whole were still doing well so it seemed pointless to change everything for him.

As a replacement i have the young french striker Wesley Said coming in the summer who will hopefully be a bit more consistent, as despite Ademilson scoring 15 goals in 26 games he actually only scored in 7 matches i think with a lot of braces and 2 hat tricks making up the numbers.

Croatian League Results
View attachment 300115

We hardly set the world alight this season but we did manage to scrap a lot of victories, we didnt have much consistency and always drew or lossed to teams who were much worser than ourselves, a big downfall we would have was having too many internationals as the league continues despite of this so i could have up to 12 players away on international duty on the day of a match!

The 3 main teams to be concerned with this season were Osijek, Rijeka and Slaven Belupo as Hajduk have been poor and down in 5th place for most the season, Slaven Belupo have been by far the suprise package and currently sit in 2nd place with only a few games to go.

Champions League

View attachment 300116

View attachment 300117

We came 2nd in our group and qualifyed for the knockout stages which was a huge achievement considering our dodgy league form, to beat Ajax home and away was brillaint and to not lose to Schalke was superb, but PSG were always going to be a step too far and are currently about to play in this seasons Champions League Final

This should do wonders for our seedings and may even mean we dont have to go through so many rounds to qualify for the group stages and will help us get a better quality of players.

Croatian Cup

View attachment 300118

As you can see we are through to the finals and face Hajduk over two legs but we definetly made it hard work to get there with some poor results especially over the 2 matches over 2 legs, after our poor showing last year it would be nice to get our hands on another trophy.

The last month of league fixtures and cup results will be up soon.

gd luck with the job....and great story so far

Thanks very much, as i generally play FM when im watching the football it has meant i get 6 or 7 months ahead of what i have typed up so bigger updates will mean i can smash through the game as its a very enjoyable save!

yeah as it is a great story i will follow even if they aint an updaste for few days...and i play it most of the day cos i dont have a job yet

Great win against Schalke and Ajax and amazing preformance in Championship Groups mate!

Great win against Schalke and Ajax and amazing preformance in Championship Groups mate!
i was truly amazed, i played a terrible tactic but it worked for me, on the screen it was shown as a 5-5-0!

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 300284

Croatian Cup Final 2014

The Cup final is played over two legs so hopefully there is less chance of an upset as Hajduk have really gone downhill this year currently 5th out of only 10 teams they have sold too many good players and been unable to replace them. In Croatia its not so much about strengthening your team but more about keeping hold of young stars as you will never replace them.

1st Leg

I did not need half the team being away on international duty the day of the 1st leg the best i could hope for was a draw and win the second leg when i was back to full strength.

View attachment 300287

View attachment 300288

We scored early and almost held out for the whole game but with our team tiring and a poor choice of replacements i could always see the equalizer coming.

2nd leg

View attachment 300289

We struggle again with our tiring squad limping home with a 3-2 penalty victory after controlling large parts of the match.

STATS
View attachment 300291

Record Attendance

View attachment 300292

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 300299

We certainly didnt work any wonders towards the end of the season but with the other teams being so poor we still managed to win the league by a massive 14 points, towards the end it just didnt matter what we did, we seemed to just get further in the lead we lost to Slaven Belupo twice yet that didnt change anything.

View attachment 300305

Croatian League Table

View attachment 300306View attachment 300307View attachment 300308

As you can see our form struggled towards the end of the season and none of our players were big goalscorers, Hajduk finish in a lowly 5th and may never recover from losing so many players, Slaven Belupo gained second place purely through beating me twice in a row.

Awards

View attachment 300310View attachment 300311

Vida probably our best defender was the only one to miss out in the team of the year with the other 4 out of the back 5 making it, Alispahic who i let go for nothing had an inspired season for Slaven Belupo banging in 10 goals in the last 12 games.

Bijan only played the odd game but did score a few goals towards the end of the season but im suprised he won the award ahead of the likes of Ademi or Kovacic.

Champions League

PSG who knocked us out of the tournament in the 1st round stages went on all the way to the finals but unfortunately the might of Real Madrid was too much for them.

View attachment 300314

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 300315

Thats right a massive 10 goals of 50 odd games and he is the top goalscorer, Ademilson if he hadnt been sold would still be classed top goalscorer as he banged in 15 goals before leaving.

My Best Player

View attachment 300316

The Whole Squad

View attachment 300317

The Big Transfers in Croatia

View attachment 300318

As Ademilson is the biggest transfer in and out this season, Celtic decide to buy every decent player in the league and Hajduk lose their 3 best players.

Croatia Squad

View attachment 300319

5 players in the Croatia squad is the highest we have ever had it but how long some will stay in is questionable but we do have 9 players in the under 19's so the 10 player goal could be within reach in a few seasons time.

We also moved up a massive 29 places in the european rankings which will only help with acquiring better players and keeping ours, however the Croatian league as a whole has dropped down 13 places which will not help.

View attachment 300320

And finally before the start of the new season big profits can surely only mean a big transfer budget!

View attachment 300321

GNK Dinamo Zagreb

View attachment 300533

July 2014 - December 2014

First off is our transfer budget for the new season

View attachment 300534

Almost £14 million and a huge wage budget but i cant imagine i will use much of it as we simply dont interest players that are much better than we already have and we have so many youth players coming through each year that can make the grade that even filling the squad out is unneccesary.

All the way up to 60th in the european rankings but it hasnt done much for our seedings as we have to still start in the 2nd qualfying rounds.
View attachment 300535

Transfer History

View attachment 300536

As you can see a load of players have gone out on loan and we have sold a few players who were not getting game time, with the emergence of Biljan and Halilovic pedro Morales was not getting any game time and i cashed in on him.

Wesley Said looked good on paper but has got nowhere near my first team yet but the 3 free transfers have been mainstays in the team already, Bohnof is a brilliant german CB regen and already the best CB in the side now and Lubbers has been brilliant in the midfield and kept the likes of Brozovic on the bench and at 25 is still a good age, Olic was the dream signing as he was offered to me after the deadline day and i couldnt resist he didnt want stupid wages and he has already performed well and if he lasts another season by then Kolar should be at his full potential.

Players In :

View attachment 300538View attachment 300539View attachment 300540View attachment 300541

Champions League So Far

View attachment 300542

Our group is harder this season than last and if we manage to scrape 3rd i would have been happy.

Results :

View attachment 300543

Only losing the once in the group stages was outstanding and grabbing the wins against Marseille and Inter were the thing dreams were made of, the 3 draws were what got us through to the knockout stages though.

View attachment 300544

As you can see we scrape through in the group stages and have been given a favourable draw in the next round against Ajax!

A difference in my Champions League Tactic, which you could say is a little defensive.

View attachment 300546

Croatian Cup

View attachment 300547

Our reserves struggled through with the cup games but Bijan has been inspired and is the competitions top goalscorer our young Croatian CB Craig Norman scored but i cant imagine thats much of a Croatian name?!

Croatian League

View attachment 300548

Our new league tactic has been working wonders and our consistency has been much improved, before the loss to Split we were undefeated in 34 games in all competitions.

The League Table and Stats

View attachment 300552View attachment 300553

15 points clear halfway through the season and the league title is all but ours again our new tactic has been too much for other teams this season and with a bigger squad and maturer players we have had less fatigue in the first team.

Player of the Season So Far

View attachment 300554

Despite being 35 Ivica Olic is still way to good for this league and has banged in 9 goals in 15 games and has helped tutor Kolar who has 8 in 16 games.

Olic and Bohnof are amazing.. And nice tactic against Inter ;) lol ...

Olic and Bohnof are amazing.. And nice tactic against Inter ;) lol ...
I call it the Chelsea Champs Lge Tactic! 2 get both players for free was brilliant and both have been amazing its a shame i havent interested anyone decent, Erick Torres has refused a new contract at his club but isnt interested Guidetti wont even come on loan and even Adryan wont come.

Nice name for the tactic XD Players will probably get interested if you do well in the champions league, and Ajax is a good draw you, you can definitely beat them!

All the way up to 60th in the european rankings but it hasnt done much for our seedings as we have to still start in the 2nd qualfying rounds.
View attachment 300535

For entrance into the Champions League your clubs personal coefficents dont matter, they are just too judge if you are seeded or not, or which pot you go into in the group stage, obviously higher you are the better pot you are and easier group you can potentially get.

What your looking for is the Nation coefficients (see world> Nations> then either Nations Coefficients or Qualification Places) this shows you where your country is ranked in terms of european prowess, in coefficients it will show you how far you are off certain countries above you and in the Qual Places it shows you what Rank your country needs too be too start off at later stages, for example too start in the 3rd qual round your country has too be in the top 15, this also would mean you get 2 champ league places for Croatia.

This is the point where you start seeing how your croatia contemparies are doing in the EL and hoping they do well and cursing Celtic for weakening Hajduk as that means they will not do as well in EL hence harming Croatian progress on the european stage.

Hope that helps out a lil bit on why you still have keep starting in 2nd Qual Round even after a couple great seasons in CL and if any of it needs a bit more clarifying just ask

Back