Resource icon

Goal Hoarder - Lower league invincible 3-5-2 treble winner. Striker with 82 goals

All real. And the main goal scorer isn't taking any penalties or being targeted at set pieces either. Centre back has about 50 headers and 75+ completed passes a game, which helps him get that high average rating.

All real. And the main goal scorer isn't taking any penalties or being targeted at set pieces either. Centre back has about 50 headers and 75+ completed passes a game, which helps him get that high average rating.
Amazing and good job. Im gonna try with Hoffenheim now.

With big guy in the CB you mean like 190 centimeters+ ?

Yes. Mine is 196 cm. One star ability, but outstanding because of the aerial dominance.

JESUS, these stats are almost unbelievable lol you must of been all giddy watching this unravel every game!! have you tried it with a big team??

It's VERY enjoyable. I've only played on holiday with big teams, but Man Utd won CL and West Ham won the league while I were on holiday. I've also tried holiday with 2 underdog teams in the tyop leagues of France, Spain, Italy and Germany. They didn't win anything other than the cups, but every team finished at least 5 places above predicted.

It's VERY enjoyable. I've only played on holiday with big teams, but Man Utd won CL and West Ham won the league while I were on holiday. I've also tried holiday with 2 underdog teams in the tyop leagues of France, Spain, Italy and Germany. They didn't win anything other than the cups, but every team finished at least 5 places above predicted.

might give this a go on my current kidderminster team, won vanarama north with my tac but with no money and freebies brought by my DOF im struggling atm in conference

From 15 losses in a row (as a underdog) I tried to change this in the end of season and got 4W, 1D, 2L and survived the relegation. Looking forward to see how it performs as a underdog team in a full season.

I've given it a go with Blyth Spartans in the 6th tier. It's a little leaky at the back (CB is 192cm) but overall good results.

1637827050340.png

might give this a go on my current kidderminster team, won vanarama north with my tac but with no money and freebies brought by my DOF im struggling atm in conference
Would love to hear how it goes.

From 15 losses in a row (as a underdog) I tried to change this in the end of season and got 4W, 1D, 2L and survived the relegation. Looking forward to see how it performs as a underdog team in a full season.
It should perform very well when you get the chance to get the players used to the tactic during friendlies.

Still predicted to fight for survival in top division this second season, but doing good so far and top 6 after around 1/3 of season. A little bit leaky defensive makes some games lost or 3-3, 2-2, 4-4 or other goal intensive draws. But goals are being scored with no top strikers and CB doing very well as the "tactic anchor", both defensive and on corners. Losses mainly come against the well established top squads in the league. So when economy is better and my sport director (yes I don't buy players myself because its fun to play with what he gives me hehe) can make some bigger signings probably could beat them to :) I'll update with result row and xG statistics etc. when season finished.

Will keep playing it for now because it feels fun that the tactic is somewhat a bit more "realistic-overpowered" and not just OP right away because of some match engine abuse.

How's your xG compared to your opponents?

As you can see the goals are coming, but it's been leaky at back and it's not always been easy wins.

I do feel like I'm coming across as being overly critical on what I think is a good tactic.

1637835765907.png

As you can see the goals are coming, but it's been leaky at back and it's not always been easy wins.

I do feel like I'm coming across as being overly critical on what I think is a good tactic.

View attachment 568446
No worries. All progress needs some kind of critique. Not bad results with Blyth though.

Still predicted to fight for survival in top division this second season, but doing good so far and top 6 after around 1/3 of season. A little bit leaky defensive makes some games lost or 3-3, 2-2, 4-4 or other goal intensive draws. But goals are being scored with no top strikers and CB doing very well as the "tactic anchor", both defensive and on corners. Losses mainly come against the well established top squads in the league. So when economy is better and my sport director (yes I don't buy players myself because its fun to play with what he gives me hehe) can make some bigger signings probably could beat them to :) I'll update with result row and xG statistics etc. when season finished.

Will keep playing it for now because it feels fun that the tactic is somewhat a bit more "realistic-overpowered" and not just OP right away because of some match engine abuse.
Yeah, I were going for the realistic approach with player roles suited for lower leagues. I'm wondering how good it will be once I get a corner taker with more than 5 in corners, but for now I'm just enjoying playing a tactic that's not 4-2-3-1 gegenpress with Ward-Prowse and Haaland.