Godfish's Leisurely Stroll Across Europe

So, a few technical difficulties..

So many in fact that I can't the image to work. Long story short, my computer auto-updated while the file was saving. And we all know how that ends don't we.

I'll be back soon enough.

So, a few technical difficulties..

So many in fact that I can't the image to work. Long story short, my computer auto-updated while the file was saving. And we all know how that ends don't we.

I'll be back, no idea how yet.

So it turns out I backed the file up on a seperate hard drive just before the day of the crash. I've had to redo a month or so, but I'll now be running this as normal.

After a long hiatus, i'm back and glad to see you've got a new story! Love it so far.

The Autumn Season

So, my first six months at Bronshoj saw me in a group of 8 for the autumn stage of division 2. The squad I had at my disposal was reasonable, but not amazing. The additions of Saric, Hartkopf and Larsen continued to strengthen the team though, with Larsen picking up 7 clean sheets in 14 games.

View attachment 143880

The league table makes for good reading, as we reached the promotion stage. However, we did draw a lot of games as we tailed off at the end of the season. Frem were the team to beat, but they dropped with us, allowing Vanlose to take 1st. However, points from the games against the other three from my group carry over, so going into the promotion stage, we sit in a handy 4th spot.

View attachment 143879

View attachment 143878

View attachment 143877

In the meantime, I had a few trips to France for some interviews, including a trip to Bastia, but so far nothing has come of the interviews. As such, I remain in Copenhagen with Bronshoj, preparing for the promotion stage.

The Promotion Run In

When you look at the form that we finished the autumn stage in, you can probably forgive me for being very downhearted after losing the opening game of the promotion stage. Thankfully, the team appears to have rallied round that result, and have displayed some simply inspired form. In fact, we haven't lost since.

View attachment 143822

What makes it more impressive is that while others strengthened over the winter, I didn't bring in a single player. I was too busy trying to secure a move to France or Scotland; neither of which panned out. I also had a potential move to the Danish first division, but it seems fate may have chosen a different way for me to get there.

So, the table. We sit pretty at the top, but we were in that situation in the autumn as well to blow it. One stat that immediately stands out next to that though is the clean sheets record. Larsen has 10, including the 7 from the autumn stage. For a player only aged 19 and really only being a key player for the first time, he has been outstanding. It is imperative that the club keeps hold of him.

View attachment 143821

With only six games to go, Marienlyst is the key fixture left for us. Get anything from that, and I may actually start to believe that this is all possible.​

The Final Six and the New Season

So, with the pressure very much on us, we aim to complete our season in style. So, in my teams true fashion, we completely break up the form book, and start to struggle. We win just one of our remaining six matches to throw away the lead we possessed, and leave the title race down to the last round of fixtures.

View attachment 143762
We fail to get anything from the last game, losing tamely. So, what did Marienlyst, Braband and Kjellerup do?

View attachment 143761
Not enough. We take the title on goal difference, after our sterling record earlier this season saved us. We go up to the first division with Marienlyst. So now, we have a long hard season to prepare for. But first, the awards.

View attachment 143760

View attachment 143759

Our first team pretty much picks itself, and I'm pleased that Anusic and Fredsted both make the team of the year. Sadly, Fredsted still plans to leave the club this season, so I will need to replace him.

Meanwhile, I keep an eye on the job market, but nothing really comes of it. Proposed moves to Holland and Belgium fall through, so I remain with Bronshoj for their upcoming campaign. At the very least, I will be there for the opening day.

We did need to make some transfers in though, with the upcoming season promising to be rough. It wasn't the most satisfying window I ever managed to complete, but I did manage to get some solid enough players for the season.

View attachment 143757

Clemmenson is probably the signing I'm happiest about, with the twice capped Luxembourger midfielder promising to lend some support to Raahave and Pfeiffer, who both shared a heavy load last season.

Therefore, the squad looks rather like this:

View attachment 143756

We have a few key players, and plenty of depth, but I'm still concerned we don't have enough. Not shown is the youth prospect that joined us last intake, who is showing as 1* current, 4* potential at CAM. He may feature later on this season, but only if we are safe.

Lastly, the teams we face.

View attachment 143755

Viborg, AC Horsens and AB are all potentially rough games, but to be brutal, we are going to have some serious issues with this season.

Good job on the promotion, just about! What do you need to avoid relegation this season?

Good job on the promotion, just about! What do you need to avoid relegation this season?

At first glance, I'm seeing at not finishing in the bottom two to survive. That said, I'm still to be convinced I'll be with the Wasps come the end of the season, and I'm certainly planning on watching the job market closely, be it club or national level.

Capital Hopping

So, my time in Copenhagen has ended. I'm firmly of the opinion that I've taken Bronshoj as far as I am going to get them for now. I can remain rightly proud with my achievements and my league win, but whilst I go back to the club wilderness, I have a new challenge.

View attachment 143397

I'm relocating to Toronto, to take over the Canadian national team. Ranked 120th upon my arrival, it should suffice as an amusing and informative experience. At the very least, it's another string to my bow while I search for the right opening.​