Reaction score
Fore note: This story will follow the career of David Beckham once he leaves LA Galaxy. I will start looking for work after the 1st of December which is the end of the MLS cup. I wont be sticking at one club as this is Beckhams future journey. I will also be doing this story in a newspaper style format. Basically headlines and not chapters. I will also try do this on a monthly basis and some important events will get their own post.

Beckham Announces Intentions:
2-12-2012

One day after winning the MLS Cup superstar David Beckham has announced his plans to the world. It was common knowledge that Beckham would be leaving LA Galaxy however it was widely expected he would continue playing. These reports were wide of the mark as Beckham has announced he intends to enter management instead.

View attachment 285974

Beckham had this to say "I would like to thank all my fans for their fantastic support over the years. They have been an inspiration to me and drove me to play at the level they were accustomed to. It is with regret that I signal my retirement from professional football but my legs are tired and im running out of gas. I do plan to remain in football and last year in secret I completed my coaching badges. I decided to do this privately as I didnt want to draw negative attention on the team before my retirement. I just hope I can live up to my reputation as a manager now and nurture some good young talent."

General feedback is positive and most fans believe Beckham is suited to being a modern manager due to his exposure to the Media and how he thrives under the pressure. Club chairmen around Europe however are unsure if it would be a good move for Beckham to join them as it would bring a mass media attention to the fray too. At the moment there are few jobs available and nobody seems too keen on the former Captain Fantastic. Will Beckham get his feet on the managerial ladder? Only time will tell...

Last edited by a moderator:
Beckham takes the reigns at Valladolid
28-12-2012

View attachment 285987

David Beckham has been confirmed as the new name on the managers door at Real Valladolid. The 37 year old Englishman agreed terms this morning and was revealed as manager at lunchtime. Beckham returns to sunny Spain where he had a spell at the giants Real Madrid. Supporter reaction has been mixed with some claiming the move as a masterstroke and others calling it a publicity stunt. Beckham will have his work cut out restoring the clubs fortunes as they sit 20th after 16 games and without a win in their last 13 games.

View attachment 285988

David has been given a 4 year contract worth £9,000 per week. According to sources close to the man he is chuffed to be given the chance and relishes the challenge put infront of him. First impressions will be crucial and everybody will be hoping for a positive start in their first game against fellow strugglers Celta Vigo. It is reported that Beckham will commute via his private helicopter to Valladolid from his family home in Madrid rather than move. The proposed reason behind this is that Victoria didnt fancy the lack of high street shops in the city and preferred Madrid as a home. Will this impact on Davids performance several pundits ask.

Mr Beckham met with his staff behind closed doors and it is understood that he was impressed with the facilities and the current staff. It is unlikely that he will make drastic changes to staff or players. The only news at the minute is that he has convinced the club president to increase the wage budget by £15k a week to allow resign players and also strengthen the first team. No transfer funds are available so Beckham looks to take advantage of free transfers and loan players. One such name being mentioned at the minute is golden oldie Rivaldo. Can he be convinced to join the lowly La Liga team is another question altogether.

Beckham hits the ground running
1-3-2012

David Beckham has defied all odds and started with a good run in his first 2 months. After 8 games at the helm the team have come out of the drop zone for the first time in the season with a remarkable record of 4 wins and 2 draws in the first 8 games. This from a team with one win in their previous 14 matches is quite phenomenal. Beckham is reportedly chuffed with the results so far. Sure there was the 3-0 defeat to strugglers Mallorca and the 3-1 home bashing by Bilbao but in their other games the team showed real character and upset the odds in a number of games. Pundits are already jumping on the Valladolid bandwagon saying with Beckham at the helm they have a real chance of staying up.

View attachment 285991

Attendances are up and young fans are flocking to see their local team play the attractive football Beckham has instilled already. Beckham has done this with a skeleton squad and his only acquisition so far is 33 year old brzilian goal keeper Andrade who was formerly the Marseille backup keeper. Mr Beckham has also arranged the future transfers of Juanfran and Oscar Ustari who will move in the summer when their contracts expire. Both players are considered a coup for the club and will add some youth into the creaking team.

View attachment 285990

Now that the team have got used to Beckhams 4-51 formation which focuses on quick bursts of overloading and large sections of counter attacking play they are expected to keep up their good form. The only problem for the young manager is that his squad is so thin that one or 2 injuries could wreck their season. Surely by the summertime the manager will be looking at bulking up the senior staff members.

Vibrant Valladolid
1-5-2012

David Beckhams Valladolid have surpassd expectations again these past 2 months with an impressive run of form. 4 wins and a draw from their previous 8 games have seen the minnows propelled up to 15th place and 6 points clear of relegation with only 5 games to go. Sure there was the dissapointment of thumpings from both Valencia and Sevilla but those results aside it was a good period for the rookie manager. Most pleasing would be the draw away to suprise package Granada who are running away with the title.

View attachment 286147

The league table shows that with their current run of form could see the newcomers who were heavily tipped to finish bottom at the start of the season finish in mid table. Fans and neutrals alike have been praising Beckhams work and how he gets the most from an average group of players. Star player Oscar has decided to leave for pastures new with Zaragoza at the end of the season. Remarkably this is the second time this move will happen as the player moved to Zaragoza back in 2004 from the same team. Oscar will be sorely missed as he has been influential in the attacking midfield position this season. Also upsetting is the fact that the team lost 2 strikers to injury which leaves them with limited options up front.

View attachment 286146

Beckham has today shown off 2 academy graduates to the media. The calm spoken Englishman has touted both Iker Hernandez and Jorge to have a bright future in the game once they keep their heads down. Iker plays as a centre back and despite being only 15 looks impressive and has a 4 star potential. Jorge is 16 and posseses great speed and physical stats which make him suited to the right back role he is familiar in. Both players have signed pre contract agreements for the club which will see them continue their development.
View attachment 286145View attachment 286144

May will be the ultimate test for Beckham and Valladolid as they face giants Real Madrid and Barcelona among others in their last 5 games. With safety still not guaranteed the club will have to prove they can handle the pressure and try climb the table further. There is also reports of possible transfers including the likes of Alberto Bueno wishing to leave the club. Beckham is understood to be willing to let the player leave if he can find a suitable replacement.

Nice and easy to read.

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback. I like to write however I also like to include some proof of results and talented players so hopefully I have found the right balance between the 2 :)

Very good start. Not over the top or anything, easy layout, straight to the point. Watching this with interest. And Becks is of course legend

Make or Break for Beckhams troops

What a nerve wrecking end to the season. 5 games and only 1 win seen Valladolid cling to the hope that Rayo Vallenco would stumble in their last game of the season. Beckham and co finished their season with a dissapointing 2-0 loss to Mallorca which left them 2 points clear of Rayo who had their final game a day later. Beckham was seen to be in attendance. To his dismay Rayo took the lead with a goal from Mikel Labaka in the first minute. Luckily Atlethic bounced back and 2 great goals from Perez sealed a win which sent Rayo down in place of Valladolid. Beckham was relieved at the final whistle and could take solace in the fact he would have a full term ahead in La Liga to look forward to.

View attachment 286203

Beckham had the following closing statement prepared for the press afterwards. " I am honoured to be at this club and the fans and people of the city have been very welcoming to me. I am happy to repay them by having the local team play at the highest level for another year. I have had time to evaluate the entire team and I will be making reinforcements before next season to ensure our safety. I have a wealth of targets in mind and hopefully we will have the resources to bring in a few new faces. The president of the club has expressed his pleasure with me keeping the team competitive and we hope to progress further in the coming years.

View attachment 286202

Beckham was then asked about the media link to the vacant managers job at West Ham in England. " West Ham are a great club and it is an exciting time for them moving to the Olympic Stadium. They looked impressive last season but they were unlucky to go down. At the moment I am enjoying life here in Spain."

Becks then went on to praise the supporters player of the year voted for by season ticket holders. Ustaritz has been in superb form and has shown dedication and leadership at the back. The backing from the fans is completely warranted and has been an excellent role model to the younger players.

View attachment 286204

So there we have it. Will Becks pack up and head back to London or will he see out at least another year in Spain. At the moment nobody knows. Its unclear if even David himself knows as he refused to clarify if he was interested in the job. Stay tuned for season 2.

Last edited:
Very good start. Not over the top or anything, easy layout, straight to the point. Watching this with interest. And Becks is of course legend

Thanks. Thats what I was aiming for. And yeah England and United legend. I like the idea of using a seasoned player rather than being a nobody who had a horrific injury and retired. Sometimes its well executed but more times than not it isnt. :)

Will take any constructive criticism from anybody and suggestions so feel free to voice your opinions

It's only my personal preference but i like reading through monthly updates :) It can be very time consuming but i find it more enjoyable to read. I reckon Beckham should only head home when United comes calling ;)

Cheers for the comments. Been busy today so no time for updates. Will squeeze in pre season and the first update of next season tomorrow. Thanks for following

Beckham ends speculation
31-8-2013

David Beckham has quashed rumours of him moving back to England by committing to a 1 year contract extension. The apparent reason behind this was that his children are settled in school and he didnt feel it would be right to move them around again. Brooklyn has apparently been signed up to play for Valladolid's academy for next season and it seems that Beckham plans to stay at the club for a few seasons at least. Despite it being summer Beckham has only taken one week off for holidays with family and has insisted to prepare for the upcoming season. Lots of players have been scouted and also new formations are being thought of.

As the deadline looms Valladolid have had quite a busy transfer window. With 10 players released and 2 sold the squad was looking bare. On the plus side the club brought in 6 faces on free transfers and also paid out around £3M to see Iago and Jose Catala join the club. The focus by Beckham seems to be quality not quantity with the likes of Iago, Juanfran and Oscar Ustari being seen as something of a coup for the club. Other deals see veterans Michael Owen and Juan Carlos Valeron join the club to add vital experience.

Here is the transfers in and outs for the season:
View attachment 287241View attachment 287233View attachment 287234View attachment 287235View attachment 287236View attachment 287237View attachment 287238View attachment 287239View attachment 287240

Shaky start for Valladolid
7-10-2013

8 games into their La Liga campaign and Valladolid have had an unusual start. Despite a Narrow loss at Camp Nou and a thrilling win against Atletico Madrid the team find themselves struggling in the bottom half of then table. Sitting only 1 point clear of relegation is a reasonable place for the team that bookies tip to go down this season. Most unusual is losing heavily against Real Sociedad despite taking an early lead.

View attachment 287243

The unsung heroes of the past 2 months have been Victor Prerz and Javi Guerra who have been in inspirational form. Beckham has been testing out a new 4-4-2 formation alongside the familiar 4-5-1 from last season. Hopefully the players will adapt and blend in soon or the club could be looking at dropping out of the top tier yet again.

View attachment 287242

Beckham has held meetings with the club board and requested that the youth facilities be improved. The board agreed this would stand the club well in the long term and instructed they would be improved next season when time allows. The club have looked extensively for a feeder club where they could gain first options on young players and eventually picked Ternana from the Italian Serie B. Apparently this is all part of Beckhams long term vision of the club.

Festive Spirits for Valladolid
26-12-2013

View attachment 287323

Its the season of goodwill and players and fans of Valladolid alike will have plenty to be merry about heading into the new year. The club are on an impressive run which see them sit in mid table for the new year. Wonderkid manager David Beckham refused to have his head turned by Inter Milan and promised a high profile arrival in January.

View attachment 287319

First things first. In November Beckham was courted by Massimo Morrati of Inter FC. Inter are a prestigious team and were sitting 6th in the league which the owners decided wasnt good enough and disposed of the services of Andrea Stramaccioni. From the offset Beckham was a clear favourite for the post and it was expected that he would leave as Victoria favoured a move to the fashion capital of the world, Milan. Beckham was offered a 5 year deal to restore the club to glory. Much to the delight of Valladolid he decided he had unfinished business and wasnt leaving until he won some silverware.

View attachment 287322

Beckham led his team valiantly and they had such a good run of form thanks to the goals of Javi Guerra. The striker put in top notch perfomances and is responsible for half of the teams league goals. The heavy defeats to Villareal and Sevilla couldnt dampen the mood for the fans who just want to see the team run professionaly and to edge their way up the table. Pundits are even beginning to jump on the bandwagon and suggest the team may be an outside bet for European qualification if they keep their impressive form up.

View attachment 287320View attachment 287321

The Big 2 Conundrum
10-3-2014

Well what a rollercoaster these past 2 months have been. 2 wins from 13 games is truly atrocious. On the other hand you see the wins came against Barca and Real Madrid and that apart from the cup we havnt lost by more than a single goal in the last 12 games shows that we have been just short of luck. There were controversial cards, dubious penalties, goals wrongly dismissed and in general goalies having the game of their careers against us. That being said our poor form is unacceptable and I have stripped Carlos Pena of the captaincy and replaced him with the ever present Marc Valiente who has been a rock at the back this season.

View attachment 287393View attachment 287394

The shining light has been Carlos Fierro. My marquee signing has lived upto his potential. I was forced to abandon my 4-2-3-1 formation to fit the wonderkid in and he has linked up so well with Guerra that they are both scoring and assisting in abundance. Fierro with 4 goals and 3 assists in 9 games and Guerra with 16 goals and 4 assists in 25 games so far. Carlos cost a record fee of £2.5M but at only 19 years of age he has plenty of time to repay this fee and also allows us a good opportunity to make a profit on him.

View attachment 287392

These past 2 months also seen my boyhood club Man Utd sign Neymar. I was dissapointed to see the player take my no. 7 jersey as I dont think he has the maturity to pull it off. I made the mistake of saying this publicly and Sir Alex left a nasty reply in national papers. He said I should focus more on my team and that I am a washed up pro that was never even that talented. He followed this up by saying I was a disgrace to Manchester and over his dead body would I ever manage his beloved club. This really stung and upset me as it would be my dream to lead a team out at Old Trafford again. Hopefully sometime in the future I can work out my differences and return to the club that made me famous. Either way im more determined now to prove my old mentor wrong and show the world I will become the greatest manager of all time.

Great story mate keep it up :) cant believe you signed micheal owen ;P how is he doing? Is he enjoying the treatment room?

Great story mate keep it up :) cant believe you signed micheal owen ;P how is he doing? Is he enjoying the treatment room?

Yeah i was in two minds about it but i needed experience and a back up for Guerra incase he got injured. I mainly played 4-2-3-1 which meant he only played 4 games but got a goal and an assist up to January. Then with Riski and Fierro I didnt need another striker so unregistered him to free space in the team. Believe it or not, he hasnt got injured in the 9 months hes spent at the team :O

Are people ok with the format or should I go in depth with matches and add goalscorers and red cards, pens etc?
Will do a march-april update and then another update for the final few games on its own before next pre season.