Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Good bit of business

r1niceboy

Jan 18, 2010
This demonstrates the silliness of the transfer market in this game. That Papadopoulous is only valued at 5-6 million at the start of the game is a joke. Newcastle might be able to raid Ligue 1 for a squad of some ability, but them signing him from Schalke? I don't think so.

Jean-Luc

Jul 26, 2010
This demonstrates the silliness of the transfer market in this game. That Papadopoulous is only valued at 5-6 million at the start of the game is a joke. Newcastle might be able to raid Ligue 1 for a squad of some ability, but them signing him from Schalke? I don't think so.
I don't think i signed him 1st season, it's 2021 so he's one of the best defenders in my save. But he's also getting on a bit at 29.

I agree transfers are stupid though, considering Thauvin was nothing more than a backup and even when he played he was woeful. The fact i sold him for ?20m is just insane

iota4u

Jun 21, 2010
andros for only 4.6 mill? you mustn't of used him right, i sold him for about 20 mill in 2012 :D

Jean-Luc

Jul 26, 2010
andros for only 4.6 mill? you mustn't of used him right, i sold him for about 20 mill in 2012 :D
I had big offers for him the season after i signed him, but i declined. He's nearly 30 now and he was on 90k a week, so not many takers unfortunately :(

TJD07

Nov 6, 2010
A joke how? He's been out injured for a year, having him valued at 15-20 would be a joke.
Plus he's pretty much impossible to sign first season, so odds on he was signed a few season in which is pretty easy and he's not all that expensive.

TommyTomster

Jul 11, 2012
Luis Suarez. He was quality for me, scoring a gallon of goals each game he played (what a definition, i know) however he was staring to get old, more specifically 29 and just at the end of the season he suffered a injury, that ruled him out for 4-5 months. I was devastated, when the transferwindow came his stats had dropped, ALOT! i ended up selling him for 50 mill to city, deadline day!
Obviously i chucked out 35 mill for a certain englishman with a magnificent ponytail as soon as i sold Luis...(H)

Mar 23, 2012
This is always something I've wanted to try, have you managed to sustain any threat in European football alongside the constant changes?
Actually surprisingly, the first season I had a HORRIBLE season in Europe, the second season I JUST missed out on the Last 16 in a group against Porto, Dortmund, and Copenhagen. The current season, I'm three games in during the group stages, and I'm top with 5 points.

Jean-Luc

Jul 26, 2010
This is always something I've wanted to try, have you managed to sustain any threat in European football alongside the constant changes?
I do extremely well with Newcastle doing this. Having been in the past 5 Champions league finals and winning 3 :D

Mar 23, 2012
I do extremely well with Newcastle doing this. Having been in the past 5 Champions league finals and winning 3 :D
That's awesome, I like to change my team up every two or three seasons. I've missed the boat on a few transfers like Teemu Pukki could've gone for 7.5 million after the first season, I hung onto him and as you see he only went for 1 million in the end :/ Some you win Some you lose though eh?