Crikey, why didn't you go on a spending spree?

This demonstrates the silliness of the transfer market in this game. That Papadopoulous is only valued at 5-6 million at the start of the game is a joke. Newcastle might be able to raid Ligue 1 for a squad of some ability, but them signing him from Schalke? I don't think so.

This demonstrates the silliness of the transfer market in this game. That Papadopoulous is only valued at 5-6 million at the start of the game is a joke. Newcastle might be able to raid Ligue 1 for a squad of some ability, but them signing him from Schalke? I don't think so.

I don't think i signed him 1st season, it's 2021 so he's one of the best defenders in my save. But he's also getting on a bit at 29.

I agree transfers are stupid though, considering Thauvin was nothing more than a backup and even when he played he was woeful. The fact i sold him for ?20m is just insane

andros for only 4.6 mill? you mustn't of used him right, i sold him for about 20 mill in 2012 :D

andros for only 4.6 mill? you mustn't of used him right, i sold him for about 20 mill in 2012 :D

I had big offers for him the season after i signed him, but i declined. He's nearly 30 now and he was on 90k a week, so not many takers unfortunately :(

A joke how? He's been out injured for a year, having him valued at 15-20 would be a joke.
Plus he's pretty much impossible to sign first season, so odds on he was signed a few season in which is pretty easy and he's not all that expensive.

Luis Suarez. He was quality for me, scoring a gallon of goals each game he played (what a definition, i know) however he was staring to get old, more specifically 29 and just at the end of the season he suffered a injury, that ruled him out for 4-5 months. I was devastated, when the transferwindow came his stats had dropped, ALOT! i ended up selling him for 50 mill to city, deadline day!
Obviously i chucked out 35 mill for a certain englishman with a magnificent ponytail as soon as i sold Luis...(H)

This is always something I've wanted to try, have you managed to sustain any threat in European football alongside the constant changes?

Actually surprisingly, the first season I had a HORRIBLE season in Europe, the second season I JUST missed out on the Last 16 in a group against Porto, Dortmund, and Copenhagen. The current season, I'm three games in during the group stages, and I'm top with 5 points.

This is always something I've wanted to try, have you managed to sustain any threat in European football alongside the constant changes?

I do extremely well with Newcastle doing this. Having been in the past 5 Champions league finals and winning 3 :D

I do extremely well with Newcastle doing this. Having been in the past 5 Champions league finals and winning 3 :D

That's awesome, I like to change my team up every two or three seasons. I've missed the boat on a few transfers like Teemu Pukki could've gone for 7.5 million after the first season, I hung onto him and as you see he only went for 1 million in the end :/ Some you win Some you lose though eh?