Good gaming rig?

With Alienware you are paying about 25% extra for the brand name, not worth it.

Alienware's brilliant and often custom-optimised, but they're just not worth it for the cash. If I were given a lot of money and told "spend it on a computer", I'd buy an Alienware, but until then, no thanks.

I think we need to introduce a new forum rule: No linking to newegg because it's prices make me jealous.

how about for Nvida series ?
What budget and what games are you going to play. I can find something that can suit you, if you give me those informations. But if you're going for a something like BF3 and MW3 a GTX 570 from Nvidia is just fine.

what mobo is it mate? what RAM are you buying? Gskill Sniper and Corsair Dominator are really good!

I suggest using this website to do comparisons and read customer reviews!

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

also, DO NOT BUY an AMD card with Intel CPUs', Gtx 570 is the best card to go with the i5/i7's, I have done enough research lately to know!

the ASROCK board:

Newegg.com - ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Graphics card:

Newegg.com - EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

if you are not going to be editing HD movies etc etc, you DO NOT Need the i7, the i5 2500k is all you will need for gaming for many years to come! save yourself the cash and put into GPU! you dont need the 2500k version either if you are not going to overclock! but for an extra couple of dollar/pounds etc its worth it in my opinion as you do have the Z68 boards which allow for overcloking!

do not buy INTEL boards themselves, they are ****! Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Pro boards are fantastic!

the MSI Twin Frozr GTX570 DDR5 is a (overclocked edition) is a great card too!

DO not get AMD card with INTEL CPU!!!!

any other questions jsut pm me vlad

what mobo is it mate? what RAM are you buying? Gskill Sniper and Corsair Dominator are really good!

I suggest using this website to do comparisons and read customer reviews!

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

also, DO NOT BUY an AMD card with Intel CPUs', Gtx 570 is the best card to go with the i5/i7's, I have done enough research lately to know!

the ASROCK board:

Newegg.com - ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Graphics card:

Newegg.com - EVGA 012-P3-1570-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

if you are not going to be editing HD movies etc etc, you DO NOT Need the i7, the i5 2500k is all you will need for gaming for many years to come! save yourself the cash and put into GPU! you dont need the 2500k version either if you are not going to overclock! but for an extra couple of dollar/pounds etc its worth it in my opinion as you do have the Z68 boards which allow for overcloking!

do not buy INTEL boards themselves, they are ****! Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Pro boards are fantastic!

the MSI Twin Frozr GTX570 DDR5 is a (overclocked edition) is a great card too!

DO not get AMD card with INTEL CPU!!!!

any other questions jsut pm me vlad

Raikan, I hear what you're saying but unfortunately Newegg doesn't have too many such deals i.e. Intel processor with Nvidia etc. About the graphics card, well I eventually got this:

Processor
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz
Processor Main Features
64 bit Six-Core Processor
Memory
8GB
Hard Drive 1TB
Optical Drive 124X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
Graphics Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 1GB
Audio 8 Channels
Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet
Power Supply 700W
Operating SystemWindows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Yes I know a GTX 570 and an i5-2500k would probably have done me better but I got this deal so cheap that I'm very happy. Besides, I can always upgrade in the future. But anyways, thanks for your suggestions. :)

that is a nice CPU vlad, its quicker than the new bulldozer 8 core... lol! Amd make me laugh!

I would have suggested an AMD card such as the 6950 or so, but the GTX will work fine with the AMD :) nice setup! enjoy...

nice specs for ur new pc Vlads. ;)

now go play Battlefield 3, MW3 (lol XD), saints row, assassins creed, fifa and of course FM ;)

Back