Gram's 4-3-3 (Made Messi score 52 goals in La Liga and 21 goals in CL)

FrederikGram

Reaction score
View attachment 352015
View attachment 352014
View attachment 352013
View attachment 352012

Since FM14 arrived I have tried to make the perfect tactic, and I now feel it is complete. I could write 10+ pages on the roles of each player, the tactic and on and on. I don't really have time for that, so I just wanted to share this tactic with you guys.
I really believe that this is the single best FM tactic for good teams, especially FC Barcelona where I won the treble in second season. League with 107 points (record) CL beating Man City in final.

As the title says this tactic made Messi beat all records for most goals, including La Liga (52) CL (21) in the second season. Overall I think he scored 76 goals, however I don't really know where I can see this. Messi also broke the record of most goals in one match in the CL, when he scored 7 against Chelsea in a CL semifinal. Bartra got an early red card, Oscar scored to 1-0 and then Messi stepped up and scored 7 goals? Absolutely crazy, had to pinch my arm, thought I was dreaming.

Anyway the tactic should be attached, feel free to download :p

Last edited:
Do you use opposition instruction. Training advice?

Any results? Table of La Liga, CL and CC? You try this tactic with other club or only in FCB? Cheers mate !

@bebebahce bu sene taktik yapmadın mi gecen seneki goal the amk goal superdi ??????

@bebebahce bu sene taktik yapmadın mi gecen seneki goal the amk goal superdi ������

You can also write this message as a pm. The language used here is not Turkish!

Not really a 4-3-3 but rather a 4-1DM-1-3-1

Do you use opposition instruction. Training advice?

I usually ask my assistant on the opposition instructions, however if it's a very important match, i do it myself. Tight marking on any "slow" attacking player, hard tackling on every player with bravery below 10, show onto weaker foot any who are not both footed and I always close down wingers.

Pre season I set the training to "very hard" tactics only and match prep only tactics.
In season, after last friendly, I immediately switch to hard training, balanced. Now if the tactic is not fully learned at the start of the season I set my match prep on tactics. When the tactic is fully learned I usually set it to attacking, however this I sometimes change if I meet strong oppositions.

Where does he play which position

I play Messi up front as Treq, this is where he scored the majority of the goals.
However sometimes when I rotate Iniesta, I put Messi down on the offensive midfield position (still as a treq). Now Iniesta is right footed, which is why I have placed him in the left side, so when I put Messi on this position, I place him in the right side, and move Xavi (or Cesc?) to the left central midfield instead of the right central midfield.

Any results? Table of La Liga, CL and CC? You try this tactic with other club or only in FCB? Cheers mate !

I won La Liga in first season, narrowly with 95 points, Real Madrid finished second with 94 points.
I won the treble in second season. League with 107 points (record) CL beating Man City in final
View attachment 351914View attachment 351913

I've also used this tactic in my A.C. Milan save - This is actually where it has done best. I took over Milan during the 2015/16 season and have now won every Serie A until 2023/24 season. Currently leading the Serie A in 2024/25 season. I've won the CL in 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024
View attachment 351911View attachment 351910View attachment 351811
However I'm so far in the game that my team is now completely crazy regens, who by now would probably win the most matches with any decent tactic. Though I still believe my tactic is a great deal of it, I thought the best way to show it would be with a team with real players.

I've tried the tactic with Leeds, however the tactic didn't seem to work there. The tactic needs to be applied at teams with good players in order to work. My friend tested the tactic on his Man Utd save, and also won the treble in his first season applying the tactic.

Last edited:
How is your leeds carrier and result
I only played 1 season. Think I finished 7th.
I concluded that it didn't work as well with less gifted players, and went on testing a variation with Bilbao.
At Bilbao I swiched the offensive midfielder to the right, instead of the left, switched the CM og the left side instead of right, and then made the right winger a CM in the right. I then made the left back a WB automatic, and the right back a WB attack (to compensate for the lost winger).
This seemed to work better on underdog teams as I finished 3rd in La Liga first season with Bilbao, defeating Barcelona in the quarter final of the cup on penalties. This one might even have worked in my Leeds career, as it seemed to make the midfield more secure and compensate for Xavi.
View attachment 351631View attachment 351630View attachment 351629

I won La Liga in first season, narrowly with 95 points, Real Madrid finished second with 94 points.
I won the treble in second season. League with 107 points (record) CL beating Man City in final
View attachment 653636View attachment 653639

I've also used this tactic in my A.C. Milan save - This is actually where it's has been the best. I took over Milan during the 2015/16 season and have now won every Serie A until 2023/24 season. Currently leading the Serie A in 2024/25 season. I've won the CL in 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024
View attachment 653643View attachment 653645View attachment 653869
However I'm so far in the game that my team is now completely crazy regens, who by now would probably win the most matches with any decent tactic. Though I still believe my tactic is a great deal of it, I thought the best way to show it would be with a team with real players.

I've tried the tactic with Leeds, however the tactic didn't seem to work there. The tactic needs to be applied at teams with good players in order to work. My friend tested the tactic on his Man Utd save, and also won the treble in his first season applying the tactic.

The reason almost every tactic works with Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Bayern, etc.. is because you have the best players available to you. These are the ones with the highest Determination, Composure en Concentration which are the key stats for every player. In combination with their very high technical attributes means they will make every decent set up tactic awesome!

Don't get me wrong, the results are fantastic.. But that's what you expect with a team like Barcelona. To create an absolute monster tactic which works for lesser teams with lesser players is much harder than making Messi score 52 goals in La Liga and 21 goal in CL! :)

The reason almost every tactic works with Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Bayern, etc.. is because you have the best players available to you. These are the ones with the highest Determination, Composure en Concentration which are the key stats for every player. In combination with their very high technical attributes means they will make every decent set up tactic awesome!

Don't get me wrong, the results are fantastic.. But that's what you expect with a team like Barcelona. To create an absolute monster tactic which works for lesser teams with lesser players is much harder than making Messi score 52 goals in La Liga and 21 goal in CL! :)

Of course it's harder to make a tactic for lesser teams ;)
However this wasn't what I wanted, when I created the tactic. I wanted to make the perfect/best tactic for great teams with great players. And I think I've done that. Of course this tactic isn't only about Messi, however to make him make 75+ goals a season and beating all his IRL record needs a good tactic. I've never heard of a player in the recent FM games who made 7 goals in 1 match, especially not on a team with one man down.
This tactic is very fluid and needs players who are overall good in every aspect, defenders who are able to play, WB who are able to attack (total football) therefore Barcelona is the ideal place to start (though maybe variations of the tactic will make it better for lower teams).
Don't expect this tactic to work with lower league teams, however if you want to be the manager of one of Europe's best clubs, this tactic will definitely work quite well.

Last edited:
View attachment 653399
View attachment 653400
View attachment 653403
View attachment 653404

Since FM14 arrived I have tried to make the perfect tactic, and I now feel it is complete. I could write 10+ pages on the roles of each player, the tactic and on and on. I don't really have time for that, so I just wanted to share this tactic with you guys.
I really believe that this is the single best FM tactic for good teams, especially FC Barcelona where I won the treble in second season. League with 107 points (record) CL beating Man City in final.

As the title says this tactic made Messi beat all records for most goals, including La Liga (52) CL (21) in the second season. Overall I think he scored 76 goals, however I don't really know where I can see this. Messi also broke the record of most goals in one match in the CL, when he scored 7 against Chelsea in a CL semifinal. Bartra got an early red card, Oscar scored to 1-0 and then Messi stepped up and scored 7 goals? Absolutely crazy, had to pinch my arm, thought I was dreaming.

Anyway the tactic should be attached, feel free to download :p

Do you use the same tactics as on page 1 for the second season?

Would be appreciated for the reply :)

Do you use the same tactics as on page 1 for the second season?

Would be appreciated for the reply :)

Yes, the tactic attatched in my first post, is the tactic I used in 2. season and what made me win the treble :)