Grand National

• Thread starter Thread starter adthefox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 4K

adthefox

Reaction score
Anyone having a bet on the weekend? Just had a skim through some of the runners and Ive had a little bet on Dream Alliance. 40/1 outsider but he won the Welsh National in December and I think he could have a good go on Saturday. For my serious bet I think I'll go for Tricky Trickster. 14/1 at the moment but I think his odds will drop massively in the next couple of days.

I got MADE IN TAIPAN in the work draw - that's right the 340/1 outsider. looks like i will be 5 quid down then.

I have a combination forecast on this bunch.
Irish Rapter
Man Mome
Dont push it
State of Play
Snowy Morning

I also put a Tenner on Ellerslie George.

I've put £5 on Made in Taipan and £5 on Comply or Die as I have for the last 2 years - with good results :D

dont like the national, aintree lane gets closed so have to drive the long *** way through loads of traffic to get to work, and you have better odds betting on football.

Mon Mome you beauty
Won me some serious cash last year

Me also, had a final 3 quid sitting around in my William Hill account, hmmmmm Mon Mome, 100/1? Well i like the name, so why not? Got wasted that night :)

I'm betting on whoever Jake does as he is always winning money on William Hill.

dont like the national, aintree lane gets closed so have to drive the long *** way through loads of traffic to get to work, and you have better odds betting on football.

Wouldn't say you get better odds betting in football, there's only three possible outcomes of a match, so you have a better chance of winning compared to the National which I think has 40 runners. The odds reflect this.

I had a few ante post bets;

Niche Market @ 27
State of PLay @ 27
Snowy Morning @ 27
My Will @ 46
Don't Push It @ 50
Cloudy Lane @ 75
Cerium @140

I have backed the above horses win only on betfair and plan to lay each horse in running at roughly 5% of the bet price...obviously leaving a decent profit if catching the winner.
some of the bets are carrying up to 11 stone 5lb but as I am trying to lay in running they could trade short even if the weight does tell in the end.

Who's McCoy riding again? He's usually a safe bet.. might actually do it this year and win the National? I never really look at the odds until before the race haha.

Apparently last year, the winning jockey's mum only put 50p on her son winning the National

Who's McCoy riding again? He's usually a safe bet.. might actually do it this year and win the National? I never really look at the odds until before the race haha.

Big Fella Thanks

Edit - Big Fella Thanks is Ruby Walsh's mount. AP hasn't been seated yet. He will take either 'Don't Push It' or 'Can't Buy Time'.

Last edited:
I think McCoy will take Dont Push It. Also just saw on BBC sport website the first ever woman jockey in the national has been paired with Character building. Think I had him @ 20. Also Imperial Commander in todays race. I'm confident he's going to walk it after the gold cup win.

i really don't care about the Grand National, all I care about is the People's Race beforehand (A)

I think McCoy will take Dont Push It. Also just saw on BBC sport website the first ever woman jockey in the national has been paired with Character building. Think I had him @ 20. Also Imperial Commander in todays race. I'm confident he's going to walk it after the gold cup win.

I think Nacarat will beat Imperial Commander. This horses best form is always when it has returned to the track fresh ( 50 day lay off or more) and hasn't had this since winning the Gold Cup.

And this isn't the first year a female Jockey has competed in the Grand National.

Yeh I read the story wrong haha. Confirmed that McCoy is riding Dont Push It. We shall see at 15:10, im sticking with Commander though.

Nozic 66/1 trained by paul nicholls who trains denman and kauto star

Well Nacarat beat Imperial Commander. Never going to win though.

Good call eddlad. Imperial Commander didnt look good at all. Seemed to be pushing him hard before that fall. Good 2nd to last from What a friend though. Im impressed.

Back