Grand Theft Auto V

Reaction score
Cannot wait for this game, looks absolutely amazing!

[video=youtube;QkkoHAzjnUs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs[/video]

[video=youtube;Vzue74y7A84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84[/video]

[video=youtube;Bf38HiYPMiI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf38HiYPMiI[/video]

[video=youtube;N-xHcvug3WI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI[/video]

Feel free to post thoughts and any other videos related to the game! :)

This game looks ridiculously good. Gta4 ripped up the rule book on these kinds of games and I expect 5 to do it again.

I cannot understand how they are managing to get this out of the 360? It's a 7 year old console, and this game already looks next gen! It's crazy, massive props to Rockstar if this lives up to the hype cause this really could be the swansong of this generation.

I cannot understand how they are managing to get this out of the 360? It's a 7 year old console, and this game already looks next gen! It's crazy, massive props to Rockstar if this lives up to the hype cause this really could be the swansong of this generation.

Because the 360 hardware wasn't quite tapped out and used to its maximum before.

A trailer is a trailer is a trailer. A moviegoer watches trailers. I'm a gamer. Give me a demo, then I'll get back to you on the hype train.

This game looks ridiculously good. Gta4 ripped up the rule book on these kinds of games and I expect 5 to do it again.

GTA4 ripped up a rule book that included the words "Rule Number One: Game must be FUN" and instead replaced it with a rule book with a 80pt front cover of "HEY NIKO IT'S YOUR COUSIN YOU WANT TO GO BOWLING".

If I hear even a whisper of any more Three Leaf Clover type missions I'mma cold stab a *****. With SR4 looking weak and options thin on the ground, GTA5 NEEDS to be good.

A trailer is a trailer is a trailer. A moviegoer watches trailers. I'm a gamer. Give me a demo, then I'll get back to you on the hype train.

GTA4 ripped up a rule book that included the words "Rule Number One: Game must be FUN" and instead replaced it with a rule book with a 80pt front cover of "HEY NIKO IT'S YOUR COUSIN YOU WANT TO GO BOWLING".

If I hear even a whisper of any more Three Leaf Clover type missions I'mma cold stab a *****. With SR4 looking weak and options thin on the ground, GTA5 NEEDS to be good.

GTA 4 was what you made of it you had the choice to do anything you wanted to do. If you chose to go bowling with your cousin then fair enough. For me personally and alot of gamers its the benchmark for this genre of games on current gen consoles. It had everything engaging campaign if a little slow starting. All out carnage. Online was pretty decent for the time. Or you could just phone your cousin up and go bowling if that s what wets your whistle. The choice was yours.

Me personally I had a real lot of fun online with gta4 once I completed the main game and still have a blast now and again inbetween BF3 forza etc

Last edited:

Apparently they are releasing it on 2 CD's, one of them for installing and one for actually playing the game.

GTA 4 was what you made of it you had the choice to do anything you wanted to do. If you chose to go bowling with your cousin then fair enough. For me personally and alot of gamers its the benchmark for this genre of games on current gen consoles. It had everything engaging campaign if a little slow starting. All out carnage. Online was pretty decent for the time. Or you could just phone your cousin up and go bowling if that s what wets your whistle. The choice was yours.

Sure, that's if you take it as an open world game in which to have fun. And yeah, it's alright for that, it's just stuff like Just Cause 2 and Saints Row the Third are way better at it. If we take the main storyline it creates a massive disconnect, and that's what I dislike.

Here's what I mean. In the best GTA game ever, Vice City, you controlled a psychopath maniac called Tommy Vercetti. Tommy stealing an old man's car at gunpoint, driving off with it and murdering several prostitutes made PERFECT SENSE for his character. He was mental!

Now, in GTA4, you have Niko Bellic. What Rockstar tried to do with GTA4 was created a more rounded, multifaceted character, and it didn't work. Having Niko be all TOTES EMOSH about SRS THINGS U GUISE just didn't work,because they created a disconnect between Bellic's character in the storyline and what you the player could make him do. Basically, having someone so morally upstanding is massively hypocritical in a game in which running over pedestrians is pretty much what the series invented.

THAT'S why GTA4 was poor, and thusly blown out of the water by SR3. GTA is set in a world which is deliberately fantastical; no real world would have you kill thirty people in a drive by motorbike explosive shotgun murder and then five minutes later be totally forgotten about 'cause you ran away from the police far enough. And yet, they're forcing the worst parts of living with the real world upon you in huge parts of the storyline. Saints Row 3 took seriousness and threw it out of the window, down fifty stories and shattered it onto the pavement below. Whilst I think that's going a little far - in order for something to be light-hearted and fun it needs to have some contrast, after all - it's a **** sight better than GTA4. As an exercise in creating a game world and production and coding and graphics and scale and all that bollocks, GTA4 is breathtaking. As a game, it is soulless, because it lost sight of exactly what made it fun.

I agree with GC on this, GTA4 took itself far too seriously and lost what VC and SA had, speaking of which if you wanted open world SA offered far more than what 4 did.

Sure, that's if you take it as an open world game in which to have fun. And yeah, it's alright for that, it's just stuff like Just Cause 2 and Saints Row the Third are way better at it. If we take the main storyline it creates a massive disconnect, and that's what I dislike.

Here's what I mean. In the best GTA game ever, Vice City, you controlled a psychopath maniac called Tommy Vercetti. Tommy stealing an old man's car at gunpoint, driving off with it and murdering several prostitutes made PERFECT SENSE for his character. He was mental!

Now, in GTA4, you have Niko Bellic. What Rockstar tried to do with GTA4 was created a more rounded, multifaceted character, and it didn't work. Having Niko be all TOTES EMOSH about SRS THINGS U GUISE just didn't work,because they created a disconnect between Bellic's character in the storyline and what you the player could make him do. Basically, having someone so morally upstanding is massively hypocritical in a game in which running over pedestrians is pretty much what the series invented.

THAT'S why GTA4 was poor, and thusly blown out of the water by SR3. GTA is set in a world which is deliberately fantastical; no real world would have you kill thirty people in a drive by motorbike explosive shotgun murder and then five minutes later be totally forgotten about 'cause you ran away from the police far enough. And yet, they're forcing the worst parts of living with the real world upon you in huge parts of the storyline. Saints Row 3 took seriousness and threw it out of the window, down fifty stories and shattered it onto the pavement below. Whilst I think that's going a little far - in order for something to be light-hearted and fun it needs to have some contrast, after all - it's a **** sight better than GTA4. As an exercise in creating a game world and production and coding and graphics and scale and all that bollocks, GTA4 is breathtaking. As a game, it is soulless, because it lost sight of exactly what made it fun.

I can't say I disagree about the shotgun and running from the police etc because its true. But that's where I used to have my fun I wasn't really interested in the online dating bullshit (although yeah technically liberty city is brilliant first time i drove through times square I was impressed) once I still enjoyed it and I know a fair few who did. The beginning of campaign was boring but got better as it went on but maybe you are right they tried to do too much realism. I probably had more fun on SR but enjoyed GTA4 more if you get what I mean.

As for the comparison between gta 4 and saints row the third theres about 3 years between releases so yeah it should "blow it out of the water". It had 3 years after GTA 4 came out to improve upon SR2s flaws and expand upon what they had achieved in SR2 which came out shortly after GTA4. So its difficult to compare them.

I think rockstar will learn from GTA 4 because generally thats what they do. The games IMO have gotten better 2 improved on one, 3 went to 3d, vice city gave you more to do, then san andreas made one of the biggest maps you've and 4 went for more realism. So 5 has got alot of hype to live up to I'm interested to see how the 3 playable characters is going to work although the stock market may be a step to far for me. But needs to be alot more customisation because that is where SR series trumps it right now and car needs to be more forgiving in the handling. But im pretty excited about this but I suppose I agree with you in a way they need to take make sure that they don't take it too seriously and I'm curious to see how the online works because multiplayer moved on so much in 5 years.

As for SR4 im undecided the whole super power thing I'm not sure if I am excited or worried but hopefully the developer (volition?) Will pull it together come release will be interesting to see who wins that battle because both released so close together ill probably get both but not sure everyone else will though.

Last edited:
I for one cannot wait for this, the last big game for me before moving onto the PS4. Rockstar never disappoint and for £30 this will be money well spent. :)

I've not even thought about FM 14 or any other up and coming game. This year is all about GTA V as far as im concerned.

360 version will be 2 discs, one disc will be a one time instillation disc then the game disc can be played as normal.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the comments after the Gamespot review for the game? It got awarded a 9-and now a massive shitstorm has erupted. It's absolutely staggering

Has anyone seen the comments after the Gamespot review for the game? It got awarded a 9-and now a massive shitstorm has erupted. It's absolutely staggering

New comments are being posted faster than I can read them. I skimmed 4 pages of comments all '1 minute ago'.

Pre ordered my game from Amazon last week, fully expecting the game to be sitting in my house when I got home. But nope, no game whatsoever. Was looking forward to this all day. Really disappointed in Amazon/The Royal Mail.