Great Britain League Setup - Testers Needed!

djh1878

Mark McCusker's #1 Fan
Reaction score
I've just created a GB league database, based in Great Britain itself using Haunter99's data editor add-on. This means that clubs from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland maintain their own Euro spots regardless of their position in the pyramid - in other words, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will still have clubs in european competitions despite being in a unified British setup.

Is anyone willing to help me refine this by testing it? Any comments/suggestions will be greatfully recieved!!!

The League setup is as follows (play each other twice per season):

British Premier League - 20 teams
3 automatic relegation spots

British Second League - 20 teams
2 automatic promotion slots, playoffs for 3rd-6th place
3 automatic relegation slots, 16th placed team enters relegation playoff.

British Regional Third Divisions (North, Central & South) - 20 teams in each
1 automatic promotion slot in each, 2nd in each enters playoff with 16th in Second League
3 automatic relegation slots

British Regional Fourth Divisions (N,C,S) - 20 teams in each
2 automatic promotion slots in each, 3rd-6th enter promotion playoffs in each
3 automatic relegation slots

British Regional Fifth Divisions (N,C,S) - 20 teams in each
2 automatic promotion slots in each, 3rd-6th enter promotion playoffs in each
3 automatic relegation slots in each

British Regional Sixth Level (A,B,C,D,E,F) - 10 teams in each
1 automatic promotion slot in each, 2nd + 3rd in each enter promotion playoffs
2 automatic relegation slots in each

British Regional Seventh Level (A,B,C,D,E,F) - 10 teams in each
1 automatic promotion slot in each, 2nd + 3rd in each enter promotion playoffs
2 automatic relegation slots in each

This setup allows over 300 manageable clubs, and naturally will work best if you load up players from the respective home nations as well as the GB system. To allow the leagues to be based in GB, there is now a GB national team, but they will not play in competitive competitions or take players away from the home nations. I have set it as an EU nation to make transfers realistic however. Screenies to follow!!!

Anyone interested in trying this out so that I can perfect it before uploading it here properly? :)

-------------------------

EDIT: Please find the latest database file in my post further down the thread, at post number 12 - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=532800&postcount=12.

I've also added the following cup competitions:

Great British Cup - involves all playable teams from the 7 tiers

GB North Region League Cup - involves teams in 3rd to 7th tier in Northern regional divisions

GB Central Region League Cup - as above, for Central divisions

GB Southern Region League Cup - as above, for Southern divisions

Last edited:
Sounds interesting :) I'll have a look at it for you. Do I need Haunter99's edited .xml to allow this to work too?

Sounds interesting :) I'll have a look at it for you. Do I need Haunter99's edited .xml to allow this to work too?

No, I don't think so - Haunter99's .xml is only needed for editing the database, as normally GB is frozen and cannot be made playable. You should be fine with just my .xml!

OK, good stuff. I'll download it now and let you know how I get on :)

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Ok, so I loaded up the GB leagues on their own, but with a database containing all players whose nationality is one of the home nations.

Played out pre-season and first league match as an active manager. Resigned and holidayed the rest of first season (just to speed up the testing process).

Some things I noticed...
Can't manage the Great Britain national side -- it's not available even from start-up.
The GB national side IS entered in World Cup Quals, but isn't in the Euro Championship Qualifiers at the begining of season 2.

I think it might be a good idea to incorporate both Reserve and Youth teams into the database.

Other than that, everything ran pretty smoothly (so smooth in fact, that Tottenham won the Premier Division :))

Haven't come across any problems yet, but I've only completed one season. I'll post again when I get a bit further into the game.

Good database so far :)

OK, good stuff. I'll download it now and let you know how I get on :)

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Ok, so I loaded up the GB leagues on their own, but with a database containing all players whose nationality is one of the home nations.

Played out pre-season and first league match as an active manager. Resigned and holidayed the rest of first season (just to speed up the testing process).

Some things I noticed...
Can't manage the Great Britain national side -- it's not available even from start-up.
The GB national side IS entered in World Cup Quals, but isn't in the Euro Championship Qualifiers at the begining of season 2.

I think it might be a good idea to incorporate both Reserve and Youth teams into the database.

Other than that, everything ran pretty smoothly (so smooth in fact, that Tottenham won the Premier Division :))

Haven't come across any problems yet, but I've only completed one season. I'll post again when I get a bit further into the game.

Good database so far :)

Thanks for the feedback!

I think that I'll make 2 versions, one in which Team GB can be managed (without the home nations) and one in which they cannot (with the home nations), depending on personal preference. I don't understand why they ended up in the qualis for the world cup, I'll look into that.

I've added Reserves and U18 leagues, and awards relating to all the seperate active leagues. Fingers crossed that it continues to work!!!

This looks amazing i will probably download when i get back to playing fm

I'll give it a go when I have time. Do you just want to know whether or not the game works and runs smoothly and stuff like that yeah??? Just general feedback.

Good news - I've found a quick fix!

I've created another continent, named "Other". This means that Great Britain will not enter World Cup qualis, and will simply act as the host nation of the British League system. I've attached this version to be tested...let's hope that adding a continent doesn't make this crash!!!

I'll get on to working the other version, and hopefully get a test file up tonight or tomorrow, where I will replace England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with Great Britain.

I'll give it a go when I have time. Do you just want to know whether or not the game works and runs smoothly and stuff like that yeah??? Just general feedback.

Well yeah, any thoughts on how it could be improved wouldn't go amiss either! :)

I've created another continent, named "Other". This means that Great Britain will not enter World Cup qualis, and will simply act as the host nation of the British League system. I've attached this version to be tested...let's hope that adding a continent doesn't make this crash!!!

Just a quick thought -- placing the GB league in a new continent will prevent the GB teams from participating in Euro Champions League and Euro Cup, won't it?

Still playing the original DB at mo -- no problems so far (half way through season 2).

Just a quick thought -- placing the GB league in a new continent will prevent the GB teams from participating in Euro Champions League and Euro Cup, won't it?

Still playing the original DB at mo -- no problems so far (half way through season 2).

It doesn't, no - all the teams are still registered to England, Scotland, Wales or N.Ireland, hence why they get their country's european allocations. Basically, these 4 countries continue to register co-efficients, and continue to allocate euro places as a result. GB is simply the host country in the new database, so it doesn't stop teams entering the Champions League or Europa League.

...at least, that's the plan!

Thanks to everyone who is trying this out. :)

Sounds fantastic! I'll try it tomorrow.

A quick question though, what about teams like Cardiff and Newport County playing in the english divisions? Are they in this db, or did you only pick teams from the welsh premier league?

Sounds fantastic! I'll try it tomorrow.

A quick question though, what about teams like Cardiff and Newport County playing in the english divisions? Are they in this db, or did you only pick teams from the welsh premier league?

They're in it, and listed as Welsh...well, not Newport as I missed them (oops!) but the likes of Merthyr etc.

what leagues do i load up when in game?

Great Britain should be chooseable, while the Home Nations won't be. I'd recommend adding all players based in the UK and Ireland region to start the smaller sides off though. :)

Hows everyone getting on with it?