Great (Unknown) Players - The players that goes under the radar, the special ones :)

Semir Stilic - Advanced Playmaker
Good vision, passing and free kick stats, really cheap and transfer listed usually. Was class last year with Bressan.
Sotiris Ninis - Advanced Playmaker (Fav player from fm13)
Free agent and incredibly consistent at centre mid or attacking mid. (can pick him up for championship clubs)
Callum Wilson - Goalscoring machine
pllays for Bournemouth, can be pricey but totally worth it as young english talent.

Chuks Aneke : former Arsenal youth starlet, never really broke into the side.

Been absolute beastly in my save, scoring 15 goals in his first season in Belgium before swiftly moving to Sporting where he has been quietly making his name.

Amazing stats for such a low price (Sporting paid around 4.6 mil), almost criminal how he is overlooked at times.

View attachment 319623View attachment 319622

Thanos Pestos from SK Rapid Wien....really good defensive mid, can also play really well at centre mid, very cheap

Kyle Bartley - Solid Centre Back who is released by Swansea at the end of season 1, can also pick him up earlier for a minuscule fee.
Michael Jacobs - Winger at Wolves, pretty young and english with decent potential, already mid to lower prem standard

Gorupec/ Vieux Sane/Adam Vass/Ronwen Williams - all dirt cheap all great.

Oh, and look at Cafe in Vitoria (Brazil) youth teams

Well, known players, but these would go to midtable teams and still be awesome addition to your team:
Mikael Silvestre: Got him for 1k and 4k wages for ADO Den Haag.
Marco Matterazzi (?): wasn't interested but still great attributes.
Both play for a team i havne't heard of: Chenna.

Well, known players, but these would go to midtable teams and still be awesome addition to your team:

Indian Super League (ISL).

Pablo Piatti - Left winger and centre attacking mid, absolute class, get him for free end of 1st or 2nd season
Steven Naismith - Used him as striker and was a goal machine

Not exactly a 'special one' but this guy Casto would make a solid keeper for a mid/lower team and at 32 he still has a couple of good years left in him. He has been an absolute beast for me playing as a Sweeper Keeper.

View attachment 316235

Don't think i've seen many bargain buys so far, so i'll contribute one or two. Don't expect them to turn into wonderkids though. Brilliant value for money though. :)

Hakon Lorentzen (SK Brann)

Bought him for £350,000 in the first window.

View attachment 316232

Mande Sayouba (Stabaek)

About to buy him for around 700k in the first window.

View attachment 316228

Nicklas Rojkjaer (Silkeborg IF)

Bought him for £96,000 (YES THOUSAND) in the first window.

View attachment 316218

John Hou Saeter (SK Brann)

About to buy him for £900,000 in the first window.

View attachment 316217

Iver Fossum (Stromsgodset TF)

About to buy him for £1,300,000 in the first window.

View attachment 316216

Last edited:
jack harper. Scottish lad from Real Madrid.
Regan Poole, from Newport both Cheap and turn out great

Have you seen the Chennaiyin FC squad? Matterazzi is the player and head coach. They also have as you said Silvestre.

Other players there are Bernard Mendy, Alessandro Nesta, Elano and erm..... Djemba Djemba!

Last edited:
Not exactly unknown irl, likely coming to the BPL in the coming weeks, but haven't heard anyone talk about him in FM terms. Andrej Kramaric. Available for £2.5m in the second season. Well rounded with good physicals, fantastic dribbling & prolific nature. Absolute must-buy for champ/mid to low table Prem sides.

I'm gunna mention a great little Aussie keeper, Mark Birighitti. Can get him for 230k from Newcastle Jets first season. Will post a screenie when i get home, if i remember.