Greetings From Thimphu - The Joys of Managing Bhutan

Yeah a draw against Japan is something special!
Is there another round of qualifying after this or is this all or nothing?

Well. Theres this third round. The top 2 from each of the 5 groups go into 2 more groups. Then the winners of those 2 groups and a 3rd nation determined by a playoff all make it to the WC. I think I have a shot, although Japan, Australia, South Korea, Iran are some heavy competition.

Thanks everyone, boat loads, for reading and commenting. The draw with Japan was amazing, I was thrilled. Almost as excited as the Vietnam 2nd leg or the 5-0 trouncing of Northern Mariana Islands. Those are my highlights. And now I'm pushing for the Top 100. I'm excited, very excited.

On a side note I discovered this young 16 year old Defenseman who looks very good. Worth $35K but he hasn't even left Bhutan so he looks very very good.

It must take you ages to search through and find the best players to play for the country?

LOL!!!!! I WISH I had that problem. THere are only like 31 players eligible to play for Bhutan on the game haha. I normally take what I can get. Rules are usually anyone playing for a foreign club, then anyone with value, then anyone employed, and then after that....its a **** shoot ;)

Argh me harties. I just got done watching Pirates of the Carribean :D. Anyway time for the Indonesians. Real Sociedad are signing Mohamed Pal at the start of the transfer window in July as are Heerenveen signing Puspalal Sharma.

GAME DAY:

(97) INDONESIA 2-2 BHUTAN (114)

Boaz 13'
Budi Sulistyo '64
Ratu 66', 74'

Pulled back from 2 down. In truth we shoulda never been down by 2. Guess I won't complain all that much.

tabletuq.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:56 PM ----------

Got 4 big ones on the trot. Thailand, Japan, Indonesia, and Thailand again. Ready to finish out the Qualifying section. Hope I can continue on my quest. I think 2nd is very feasible at this rate.

GAME DAY:

(118) THAILAND 0-3 BHUTAN (115)

Mohamed Pal 3'
Ratu 56'
Jose Khadka 82'

Perfect game. Throughly enjoyable. Nice to see us scratch out a win so we bring some seperation in this group.

GAME DAY:

(???) JAPAN 1-1 BHUTAN (115)

Satoshi Abe 7'
Ratu 78'

Wow!!! Japan dominated, but our defense stopped them at every chance, only letting one early one through. In the 78th I panicked and went super attack and caught fire with a corner kick. The Japs left Ratu unmarked and he rocketed one home. Phew, my heart skipped a few times. Let's keep this form going on.

GAME DAY:

(115) BHUTAN 2-2 INDONESIA (101)

Budi Sulistyo 22'
Eko Suabey 33'

Jose Khadka 49'
Ratu 81'

Wow, came back from 2 down again against Indonesia when again we shouldn't have been down by 2. Ah well, great second half. We looked like Blyth the first half and Chelsea the 2nd. But the great news is Japan and Thailand battled to a shocking 0-0 draw. So now Japan, Indonesia, and Bhutan are all tied for 1st with 7 points and Thailand is last with only 2. Indonesia faces off with Japan next game so virtually all I need is a draw or better against Thailand and I'm into the Finals of Qualifying. I'm as giddy as a school girl

GAME DAY:

(115) BHUTAN 4-1 THAILAND (118)

Ratu 10', 45+2'
Samart Ali 17'
***-Lay 42', 43'

Domination and Qualification. WCQ Finals here I come. Only 2nd Place because Indonesia embarrassed Japan by shocking the world after beating them 5-0 to beat me out for 1st place because of GD. ****

tablegoi.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! nice job qualifying for final group stage, wish you all the best. Bhutan next world champions?

:D **** yea. I'm excited. It's been a battle for sure but I like my odds for WC qualification. The tactic I've been using seems **** near perfect.

GROUP A:
Australia
Iran
Qatar
Indonesia
Bhutan

Group B:
South Korea
Saudi Arabia
China
Uzbekistan
North Korea

Seems to me like I got the short end of the stick

gl mate reading with great intrest, and you have definitley not got any luck with that group

Last edited:
gl mate reading with great interst, and tou have definitley not got any luck with that group

SunderlandDanny1973
focus_mad
Klobo
Eggers
and any other consistent readers

You guys keep me goin here. This group looks near impossible but I think I could squeeze out second and maybe settle for third and fight it out in a playoff. Update coming soon

i love this thread it keeps me going while im at work lol please update soon lol

I've just caught sight of this and must say it's a great read. Found the initial **** thing hilarious to be honest. Keep us posted.

:D Thanks. I love the comments, I love hearing that people read my little thread here. Yea the **** thing was to keep me amused as well. I wanted to rename Bhutan, Turdistan. I'm working on a new update so I'll spit this out soon. It's great to hear from ya all and I try to show my love in the threads that interest me. So if ya read don't be afraid to post. Any tips are much appreciated as well.

LET'S GO BHUTAN

(also watching the MLB All-Star game so thats probably why I'm slow.)

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:28 PM ----------

So all my players are settled in their new homes respectively. Looks promising against Qatar and friends.

GAME DAY:

(58th) QATAR 2-2 BHUTAN (108)

Emerson 44', 84'
Ratu 57'
Mohamed 88'

Big time draw in a very hard fought match I thought I coulda lost after the 84th minute blast from Emerson. Great fight from the lads and a perfectly placed goal from Pal. At least we're alive. No room for losses, I only play each team twice and I'm not expecting a victory of Asutralia at all, or even a draw for that matter. Iran will be another uphill battle. So let's hope I can stay afloat.

GAME DAY:

(102) BHUTAN 2-0 IRAN (56)

Ratu 5'
Jose Khadka 69'

Never ever thought I'd say this. GREAT DEFENSE. Locked down the Iranian strikers and hit them on the counter. Beautiful performance. Some sexy football goin' on in Thimphu. I'm in 1st place with 4 points, Qatar is 2nd with 4, Australia is 3rd with 3 and Indonesia and Iran trail with 1 a piece.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

ASIAN NATIONS CUP QUALIFYING GROUPS ANNOUNCED

Syria
Uzbekistan
Bhutan
Bahrain

TOP TWO TEAM QUALIFY FOR ASIAN NATIONS CUP

I honestly think I have a great shot at coming in first here. I'm expecting a good performance in the Asian Nations Cup.

I would really love it if you made it to the World Cup, you can do iiiittt!
Oh and hopefully you can win the Asian Nations QF Group, good luck mate!

been following this for a while now, well done for getting good results and good luck for the future. also just out of curiosity what year are you in now?