Looking good m8, keep up the good work I'm sure you will do ok with the players you have got.

Just thought I would add that I have given this a go as well, only 10 games in but won 6 and drew 4, and top of the league by 2 points, got the same keeper as you that Turton fella, he his great on mine, already in the Scotland Under 19.

Last edited:
Hey guys just thought I would show u my team and stuff since I am also giving this a bash, it's been good building my own team from scratch and getting them to gel together think I have got a good team to get promoted to the Second Division, let me know what you guys think.

Top of the League by 2 points, haven't lost a game yet, always good. Probably jinxed myself now though.
View attachment 11303

View attachment 11304

View attachment 11305

Just thought I would show my keeper, he is awesome for only 17 years old, he has already been in the Under 19 Scotland team. Just gotta work on his kicking ability.
View attachment 11301

Will update again later on if anybody wants me to.

Hey guys just thought I would show u my team and stuff since I am also giving this a bash, it's been good building my own team from scratch and getting them to gel together think I have got a good team to get promoted to the Second Division, let me know what you guys think.

Top of the League by 2 points, haven't lost a game yet, always good. Probably jinxed myself now though.
View attachment 11303

View attachment 11304

View attachment 11305

Just thought I would show my keeper, he is awesome for only 17 years old, he has already been in the Under 19 Scotland team. Just gotta work on his kicking ability.
View attachment 11301

Will update again later on if anybody wants me to.
MATE! haha I assigned 'easter egg' players to this DB (players with amazing pot. ability) and you've found one, nice one mate :D

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Ben, I recommend you play Jlloyd Portland, he's another one of those hidden players :p

MATE! haha I assigned 'easter egg' players to this DB (players with amazing pot. ability) and you've found one, nice one mate :D

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Ben, I recommend you play Jlloyd Portland, he's another one of those hidden players :p

Yeah Harry think I found all of them. Portland, Turton, Smith-Poole and Kalanda? Portland is a beast, Turton is good, Smith-Poole was unblievable, then big clubs come in he got unhappy had to sell, to Dundee and Kalanda is ok, been on loan on Grimsby.

Just finished November. 3 wins and 2 draws.

Albion Rovers 0 Gretna 1
Paul Shields' 10 minute goal secured a victory, should have been greater but Gretna still get the 3 points.
View attachment 11333

Gretna 2 Stranraer 0
2 goals from Gretna's top goalscorer Tim Sills secured the win. He has now scored 10 goals in 15 games for the league leaders.
View attachment 11334

Elgin 1 Gretna 1
Disappointing performance from Gretna, there were no-way near their best in this game even though John McGrath gave them an early lead, chance after chance they couldn't put away and Elgin paid them pay in the 54th minute from an 20 yard strike from Colin Charlesworth. Hopefully a better performance in the next match.
View attachment 11335

Gretna 4 Queen's Park 1
More like it. An attendance of 279 people came to see one of the best results for Gretna so far this season. Midfielder John McGrath made it 2 goals in 2 games with a close- range header in the 9th minute, Nicolas Mazzina made it 2-0 with a well placed shot in the 15th minute, Queen's Park John Neill scored a header from lack-**** defending because the Gretna defense fell asleep in the 39th minute giving Queen's Park hope, but then 2 more goals in the second half for Tim Sills made it 4-1 to Gretna. Opening up a 5 point lead over 2nd place Forfar.
View attachment 11336

Next up for Gretna is Clyde in the 3rd round of the Scottish cup can the Third Division team overcome a team two divisions higher than themselves ?

Clyde 1 Gretna 1
Not a good start for the underdogs Gretna, On loan Sam Hewson from Man Utd gave Clyde a 2nd minute lead, and chance after chance came for the First Division side but they couldn't put there opposition away. Half- time came and it was still 1-0 what would the Gretna manager say would he be pleased from the performance or would he want to see more from his players, well in the second half the Gretna players really started to get back into the game, a shot from Jason Walker brought out a fine save from the Clyde keeper but they couldn't get through but then in the 67th minute a shot from the newest signing of the team Adam Strachan found it's way into the back of the net. So it ended 1-1 and a reply will be needed to separate these two sides, a shock is still on the cards though.
View attachment 11337

Can anyone tell me a way to make this thread better? Updates more often, more screenies???

Another month down.

First up for Gretna was the Scottish Cup 3 round reply against Clyde the first game was a close affair.

Gretna 3 Clyde 1
An extraordinary performance from the Third Division side saw them take the lead in the 17 minute from the penalty spot, after defender Bobby Donnelly was brought down by Clyde's Alan Stuart and Kevin Nicholson converted it. Tim Sills made it 2-0 with a close range header from a Kevin Nicholson corner. Gretna were in total control and deserved their lead, John-Paul Kissock former Evertonian scored just on the stroke of half time for Clyde, could a comeback be on the cards?
The second half was a bit more closer between the two teams with both teams coming close to scoring but Gretna sealed the win with a goal from striker Paul Shields in the 77th minute with a diving header, a great win for Gretna which they greatly deserved.
View attachment 11349

Forfar 0 Gretna 1
Not one of the best games of the season, not much efforts on target for both sides but Tim Sills continued his rich goal scoring form with his 14th goal of the season in the 34 minute with a well placed shot in the corner. A injury to defender Anthony Charles will keep the Gretna defender out for 2 weeks.
View attachment 11350

Cowdenbeath 1 Gretna 0
A first league loss of the season for Gretna but they at least deserved a point out of the game. Paul McQuade's 28th minute goal separated the two sides.Will this start to be a dip in form for the league leaders.
View attachment 11351

Annan 0 Gretna 4
Another good performance from Gretna gave them a deserved victory. An own goal from Annan's Scott Anson gave the visitors an early lead. Kieran McAnespie extended the lead with a goal in the 8th minute from just outside the area. Defender James Curtis made it 3-0 with a header in the 39th minute. MIdfielder James Murch completed the rout in the 75th minute with a close range effort. Man of the match was Kieran McAnespie with a goal and a assist, but an injury early in the match will keep him out for 12 days.
View attachment 11352

Gretna 1 East Stirlingshire 0
Berwick 0 Gretna 1
Two 1-0 wins give Gretna 4 clean sheets in a row. A goal from winger Adam Strachan in the 3rd minute gave them the victory over East Stirlingshire and a last minute headed goal from Aaron Webster gave them the win over Berwick, it was a game they deserved to win with the amount of chances they had in the game.
View attachment 11353
View attachment 11354

After finishing the FM-Base Champs league and finishing a few tiling jobs with my uncle, I now have a bit more time. Should I continue this thread and try and make it to the SPL?

After finishing the FM-Base Champs league and finishing a few tiling jobs with my uncle, I now have a bit more time. Should I continue this thread and try and make it to the SPL?
Yeah definetly mate! Don't stop now, you've made some great signings, in my opinion Jonjo Shelvey will be amazing for you :) Keep it up :D

yeah defo keep it up i like this thread alot

Yeah ok guys thanks I will play a bit tonight and tomorrow. :)

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Gretna are getting ready for their new season in he Scottish Division 1 and manager Luis Woods is apparently taking a close look at free agent, 30 year-old Marlon Harewood. In other transfer news Manchester United are taking a close look at David Turton, Gretna's young keeper, Rangers are keeping an eye on young Osei Kalanda who had a very succesful loan spell last season at Grimsby and Celtic are watching Jonjo Shelvey and J'lloyd Portland very closely. In a short interview Luis Woods stated that he was interested in Harewood and also said that none of Gretna's players in question will be sold. One thing is for certain, he is going to have a tough task hanging on to them!

So sorry to everyone who followed this thread and wanted me to carry it on but my laptops going very slowly and I have started a new game which I will post a story for. In my first season in Div 1 I finished 5th and in my second season 10 games in I was 6th after some difficult games and I was starting to become very bored of the game. Sorry again!