thejoshster

Reaction score
View attachment 225051View attachment 225050

Grimsby Born and Fm Fanatic TheJoshster has won the EuroMillions this Friday winning a Staggering
22 Million POUNDS!!!!

View attachment 225049

“Obviously I’m delighted and a little in shock and the great news is I have enough money to buy my local Football Team Grimsby Town!”

“When local Fans were asked about this the general tone was of excitement, “ It would be great to have one of us own the club hopefully we can get promoted and he’ll reduce ticket prices!”

Later that evening…

Ring Ring…

“Hello?”

“Hi is that John Fenty?, chairman of Grimsby Town Football Club?”

“It is yes, What can I do for you”

“Hi my name is The joshster I don’t know if you saw…”

“Ah yes I did in the Grimsby telegraph you’re the lucky son of a ***** who won the euromillions this week aren’t you?!?”

“I am yes”

“Ok kid, I know your excited to own your local football team and I wont stand in your way but this is no picnic there’s a lot of hard work involved and we struggle to break even every year especially with the demands from the fans to invest in new players”

“I understand But I know football and I am confident in doing the Job”

“Ok then , A recent valuation of the club valued Grimsby town at 1.1m, but the club has 2.8m debt some of which I’m owed”

“ Ok How’s this Ill offer £2.8m to buy you out and wipe all the debt clear for full ownership of the club”

“That’s sounds fair Ill have the paperwork drummed up good luck!”

“Thanks!”

View attachment 225044

As soon as it became Official I entered the stadium to walk on the pitch and I couldn't help thinking the fans had a point.

The pitch was in a poor state the stadium was smelly and tatty and there were only basic training facilities and poor youth facilities at the club and I just bought this for £2.8 stinking million bah!

I decided to cheer myself and introduce myself to the manager and analyse our players after speaking to the manager (Paul Hurst who is 39 and holds a Continental B Licence) he told me that the squad was a decent size having cover for all positions if lacking a little quality especially at centre back. I told him I want Grimsby League two by the end of the season and that I was going to need his help to do it. I had £19.2m left after the initial purchase I put it all in the club giving the manager a budget of £1m this season a huge amount at this level he thanked me by giving me the run-down of our two best players at the club.

View attachment 225039

Our Goalkeeper 24, (4 Stars) and hopefully will keep lots of clean sheets this season!

View attachment 225038

And Ironically a centre Back 25 (also 4 stars) consistent, ambitious and good in the air.

Last edited:
My Next Step as Chairman was too improve the Facilities.

So I start the groundwork on improving our training facilities (4) , youth facilities (5) and youth recruitment (5).

I spend £1m on training Facilities raising it from a 4 to a 8, I also spend £1m on youth facilities and recruitment raising it from 5's to 8's.

This means My current bank Balance is £16.2m. I decide to wait before making any changes to the stadium.

So the First Game Beckons, Morale is mainly okay with a 6/7 good's.

Even with a £1m budget Paul Hurst has decided to buy two free signings to the Club!

Lewis Aird and Jake Fowler A left Back and a Attacking Right midfielder both 19 and 20 respectively and english. Stats aren't great but they both have a but of pace about them

End of Month 1 - 1st September

So summary Transfers no more added just youngster Ellis Humble contract was terminated.

Lots more key staff were added such as coaches head of youth development etc

Morale is much higher mainly goods and fairly goods now and 6 games in the league we are...

View attachment 225019
6th! Not bad 4 wins and 2 losses Pearson and McKeown doing well :p and we had some good wins too.

3-0 Nuneaton, 3-0 Aldershot and 2-0 Alfreton while we lost to Gateshead and Bristol Rovers and our main Rivals Lincoln are in 18th!

View attachment 225010

Month 2 and Were in 2nd!!! 9 wins 4 losses Mckeown going for the Golden Glove!

And we beat Lincoln a Televised match 3-0 which should help increase the fan base!

We have the 6th Biggest salary of £1m a year and an average attendance of 3,369 which is 38% not good no point expanding the stadium any time soon!

View attachment 225007
November! Still in 2nd which is good but Eastleigh have a bit of a lead now and there's no automatic promotion spot which could be a problem.

Morale is High, and results are good Hurst' contract runs out at the end of the season if he keeps this up ill give him an extension!

A Bit of a rough Patch we fall into 3rd and get knocked out of the Fa cup 4th qualifying round which is a bummer we went 7 games without a win however Paul hurst turned it around winning the last 3 games in a row hopefully we can maintain our playoff positions throughout the season!

I have also decided that we need to boost our attendance. At the minute we have around 3,300 people turning up per game average ticket price is £17 and with 22 games left of the season that should generate approximately £1.35 million by the end of the season.

So I have decided to subsidise ticket prices much to the delight of the fans cutting them by half this costs me 675,000 but puts club attendance up to 4300. Which should raise an additional 258k by the end of the season anyway.

View attachment 225004

View attachment 224988

A solid month 4 wins 2 draws however a loss to lincoln! bah. I have decided to reward Paul Hurst with a one year extension and a pay rise from £800 a week to £1,000

View attachment 224986

January no more transfers despite the £1m budget! but we are playing alright 2 wins 1 draw and 1 loss in the league this month and we are in the FA trophy 4th round! so that should bring in some revenue :)

View attachment 224983

6th! what a disaster 1 win 3 draws and one loss not good enough Paul Hurst is fired why did I give him a new contract! bah 1 year salaryat £1,000 costs me 50k

Im going to let the board pick the new manager fingers crossed someone good!

View attachment 224956

:p theyre going through all my money! bank balance about 7.5m now :S

Andy Scott who lifted the Sky Bet league 2 in 2009 s appointed good choice :)

Last edited: