G's & M's 2-2-3-2-1 Barca style of play

Great tac mate, i like the Barcelona real tactic and how they play . With this tac,my team in FM play very like Barca in real and it's amazing . Have you made any tweak and another version for it ?

Infact thats what I'm mostly doing right now - Trying to tweak it, Im in my 2nd season and found something that works, but then something fails. Need to find the right balance.

Messi has been in lethal form, 10 Games 15 goals & 10 Assists if my memory serves me correctly :D

Not anything special to report right now.

---------- Post added 19/09/2011 at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was 18/09/2011 at 01:26 PM ----------

Im experimenting with Swansea FC currently, trying to create so called ''Swanselona Style of play'' :D

First game vs Man City, 2 - 2 Draw, 61% Possession and my Playmaker, ''Cheap man's Xavi'' Leon Britton got 71/80 Passes.

Promising start I'd say..

Last edited:
Cool tactic, I am going to try this with my Crawley save :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I don't think that it would work with a team like crawley as I don't have a good finisher at the moment, so I am squandering my chances. However, this tactic is pretty awesome at capturing the barcelona style of play. I loved watching my players pass around, but I don't think I will be using it for my crawley team as I just can't seem to finish the beautifully set up chances.

Last edited:
Cool tactic, I am going to try this with my Crawley save :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I don't think that it would work with a team like crawley as I don't have a good finisher at the moment, so I am squandering my chances. However, this tactic is pretty awesome at capturing the barcelona style of play. I loved watching my players pass around, but I don't think I will be using it for my crawley team as I just can't seem to finish the beautifully set up chances.

Get someone lethal enough :)

looks good Gump :) dont have my flash drive in today, but I will bring it in tommorrow and see what it is all about :)

have you tried it with mid table teams? or is it specifically for like top 4 teams?

looks good Gump :) dont have my flash drive in today, but I will bring it in tommorrow and see what it is all about :)

have you tried it with mid table teams? or is it specifically for like top 4 teams?

Ive only tried this with Barcelona & Chelsea, both were working. XeNoN has tested this with many teams including Swansea, Spain etc. He posted some screenies earlier, check those.

Not bad at all, tho ur conceding too much for my opinion :D

U using Gomes or Friedel? :p

im using friedel in goal with dawson, king as my main CBs and ekotto and walker and my main WBs

I get really high possesion, but I don't score goals, that's why I lost with my Barca 4:0 against Real Madrid, 2:0 against Valencia. after 15 matches I'm 7th in league table, this tactic doesn't work.

I get really high possesion, but I don't score goals, that's why I lost with my Barca 4:0 against Real Madrid, 2:0 against Valencia. after 15 matches I'm 7th in league table, this tactic doesn't work.

rofl not possible :D

Villa - Messi - Sanchez/Pedro.

Make Villa place his shots too if hes blasting wide too often.

How is your match pre ? Is it all Near/all fluid ? I use this tactic with Barca as you and in some early match , i just draw or score little goals though high possen and CCC.So if you manage Barca,when your match prep isn't fluid but you can't lose tou much like that because of the quality of Barca player .Now all my prep are fuild and the tac work perfect for my Barca team , high possesion , decent CCC and score goals well with passing style very like Barca in real life

adebayor misses alot of shots too... but its just a matter of having a word with him

How is your match pre ? Is it all Near/all fluid ? I use this tactic with Barca as you and in some early match , i just draw or score little goals though high possen and CCC.So if you manage Barca,when your match prep isn't fluid but you can't lose tou much like that because of the quality of Barca player .Now all my prep are fuild and the tac work perfect for my Barca team , high possesion , decent CCC and score goals well with passing style very like Barca in real life

Nice to see its working. Yah of course my match prep is all fluid now, 2nd season going :p

Just hammered Galatasaray 5 - 0 with sum tweaks. Messi 2 goals & 3 assists :D

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

This is odd, my current tweakings have caused my playmakers to score goals rofl :D

Iniesta just made a hat-trick and Xavi one...
Previous game they both scored a goal..

how about the AMR and AML , if your CM score goal too much , maybe cause the inside forward can't score ?

how about the AMR and AML , if your CM score goal too much , maybe cause the inside forward can't score ?

Its just temporary as Im tweaking the current system a lot and I think I know whats the reason for them not to score anymoar.

i do find that the CML scores a fair amount. so ive put VDV there, 11 goals in the Europa League.

finished my first season with the tactic, 4th in the league, Europa League winners, carling cup winners and FA cup winners! not a bad tactic tbh and any striker i put in bar the kids, scored! adebayor finished on 19 goals in 30 games with 11 assists

i do find that the CML scores a fair amount. so ive put VDV there, 11 goals in the Europa League.

finished my first season with the tactic, 4th in the league, Europa League winners, carling cup winners and FA cup winners! not a bad tactic tbh and any striker i put in bar the kids, scored! adebayor finished on 19 goals in 30 games with 11 assists

If you get lucky, VDV will score loads of goals. He has very good long shot attribute (was it even 20?) and tries long shots PPM, if he gets a good run he can score many goals like that.

Only 4th.. Not good enough for me :)