Reaction score
Guardiola 3-4-3
This thread will merely be a brief review of player analysis and an update of my tester season with Barcelona before I release the tactic to the world. Please do not expect in-depth analysis and a full explanation of my tactic!
Main goals of tactic:
1) Win in STYLE
2) High possesion 65-80%
3) Re-create Guardiola's 3-4-3 of 2011

View attachment 260558
Player analysis
Sweeper Keeper “The Janitor”
The base of your proverbial pyramid! The unsung hero of your team!
Key attributes: Positioning, One on ones, Reflexes.

Wingbacks “The TGV”
So advanced you may as well call them Attacking wingers. Epitomised by the performances of Daniel Alves in my team!
Key attributes: Stamina, pace, positioning, marking.

Limited Defender “Conan”
The guy who makes Arnold Schwarzenegger have recurring nightmares, think Vinny Jones just a lot more aggressive and more skilled in possession.
Key attributes: Heading, Tackling, positioning.

Deep Lying Playmaker “Zeus”
This guy is your god! He will dictate play and win you the majority of your games!! He must be a potent blend of Nigel de Jong, Yaya Toure and Pirlo!
Key attributes: Passing, Tackling, Work rate, Team Work, First touch.

Attacking midfielder “Sniper”
Lampard and Kaka, think of them as a hybrid!! Now add some stamina and that’s pretty close to what you need to put in this position! Willian is a beast here!! Just buy him and watch hime win games singlehandedly for you!!!
Key attributes: Long shots, Finishing, Passing, Basically the complete article!!!!

Attacking Playmaker “Zizou”
Think Zidane at his prime! Basically a great player you have to carry as he won’t do any defensive work!! Bust creates moments of magic and has great influence!
Key attributes: Creativity, First touch, Passing, Decisions.

Wide Deep Lying Forward “Cucarachas Enojadas”
These dirty buggers will press and hassle the opposition all day, scoring goals galore and linking the midfield and attack!! Think Klose, Cavani!
Key attributes: Finishing, Passing.

Central DLF “The Dream”
The Messi role!!! Or in other words the “il piggy back of the rest of my team for 90 mins and then score a couple of goals and have the media drool all over me!! Ronaldo can also play this role effectively :p!!!
Key attributes: Messi!!!

Results so far…………
Friendly 1
View attachment 260559

Brief overview: Why is Messi so selfish??? Outclassed opposition! Gutted we conceded from a corner!!

Friendly 2

View attachment 260560
Brief overview: Glory hunter that is Messi scores 4, all of them tap ins!! Leave Reus a happy man! Kerrison misses two open goals, he couldn’t hit a barn door with a bus!!!

Friendly 3
View attachment 260561

Brief overview: B team kind of struggled with 3-4-3 oh well!!!! 68% possession and two magnificent goals applauded with vigour by the away fans! Kerrison was a man possessed and atoned for his previous game.

Friendly 4
View attachment 260562
Brief overview: B team failed miserably to control game even with the help of messi, Abidal and Iniesta!!!

Competitive Game 1
View attachment 260563
Brief overview: ****** Mourinho must have changed his formation 7 times at least!! Went 2-0 up then Real proceeded to hack all my players!! Iniesta out for 3-5 months!! Guess what????? THEY SCORED FROM A ******* CORNER!!!!!!!! **** IT!!!!!!!

Competitive Game 2
View attachment 260564
Brief overview: Seemed we sacrificed possession for goals! Bit frustrating as we were up 3-0 by half time and then let them have possession!! Plus Messi was injured in the first 5 mins!!! my team rallied together and punished Real Madrid!! Messi is now out for 3 weeks!!!

Competitive Game 3
View attachment 260846
Brief overview: Standard game, Helton was a nutter in goal! could have been 4-0 however a combination of poor finishing and lack of incisiveness kept the game at 1-0.

Competitive Game 4
View attachment 260847
Competitive Game 5
View attachment 260848
Competitive Game 6
View attachment 260849
Competitive Game 7
View attachment 260850
Competitive Game 8
View attachment 261011
Competitive Game 9
View attachment 261017
Competitive Game 10
View attachment 261023
Competitive Game 11
View attachment 261024
Hope you enjoyed my First ever thread. I will update ASAP! And hopefully have my new thread ready by the end of the month!!
I have already tested this with Ajax and results were phenomenal! However I suspect this was due to the calibre of opposition in their league! This is my last testing phase!! Then I’m going to complete a 0-10-0 formation I have been working on!!! Oh and if anyone has any tips on a 0-10-0 please give me a link or post something.
Cheers

Last edited:
Looks like à really fun test-save. As this thread never Will contain Anything regarding tactics or training, where do you thinkI should move it?

Cheers

Looks like à really fun test-save. As this thread never Will contain Anything regarding tactics or training, where do you thinkI should move it?

Cheers
Was planning digressing about each player and posting screenshots of their settings on the op, so people could create their own version of my tactic and releasing a beta version and linking it to this page :) probs after 10 competetive games with Barca, however your the moderator move it to where you wish

Yeah just testing it with the almighty Barca. Wanted the thread to be about helping people create their own tactic and updating you on my progress! your welcome to have the tactic if you pm ur email.

Looks like à really fun test-save.
g.gif

Can someone please upload it, would love to give it a try...?:D

@Guardiolaunderstudy
Very good job and you may have found another good tactic with Barca, :D you know what I mean...unfortunately, the only similarity with Guardiola 3-4-3, is the name only. Pep's 3-4-3 is based upon Cruyff's Ajax model, where wingers do have a major role to play.

@Guardiolaunderstudy
Very good job and you may have found another good tactic with Barca, :D you know what I mean...unfortunately, the only similarity with Guardiola 3-4-3, is the name only. Pep's 3-4-3 is based upon Cruyff's Ajax model, where wingers do have a major role to play.

I know all about Cruyff at Ajax and the tactic was based upon total football created by coach Rinus Michels. Look at my passing stats bud then look at the stats of barcelona in real life of 2011. i did a thesis on that tactic at uni and funnily enough look where the majority of my passes take place?? in the wing area and final third of the pitch :). The two wider strikers move into the channels and play primarily as wingers. Plus no one knows where pep bases his tactic from and its more likely to be based upon the 3-4-3 that was used by Cruyff when he was managing pep at Barcelona! which was distinctly different to what he implemented as coach of ajax! Dont really understand where you are going with the only similarity is the name as i see many similarities! but i challange you to make a better tactic then mine bud! Plus ive tested it with west ham, ajax and Swansea! View attachment 261090
This is passing stats of my tactic with my wingbacks set to rarely on everthing! take a moment and look at some analysis of barca passing in 2011 and i think you will be enlightened and see a few more similarities :)

Here is another game i played with it! Another similar result to how Barca play and some goals aswell
View attachment 261092View attachment 261093

Last edited:
good looking tactic! when is it due for release?

@Guardiolaunderstudy

Keep in mind that I'm not criticising your tactic or your effort, but solely the design of your 3-4-3, comparing it to Pep.

As I said, your 3-4-3 do not have have anything in common with Pep 3-4-3, unless you are taking in consideration only the back 3, but as a tactic itself, absolutely nothing and if you have taken the time to study a bit of Ajax or Cruyff you will know what I'm talking about. I'm going nowhere with this, just pointing out a fact to you, without any intention to dismiss your effort.
Pep himself have spoken numerous times about his 3-4-3 and his Cruyff's connections, and even after the 5-0 v R.Madrid he paid public homage to Cruyff. Barcelona essence today, can be seen in that Dream Team of the 1990's.The link to Cruyff is undeniable, so we all know where Pep "took" his tactics from.
Passing stats doesn't make the design of any tactic similar to another just by stats alone: just check here in the forum the number of tactics that claim to produce over 1000 passes.
Playing with 3 central strikers, although the 2 wide strikers roam down the channels, is not the same as playing with 2 wingers whose main job is to hug the touchline to stretch the opposition defense.The final product is totally and completely different.
Plus, where the 3 AMC came from? Cruyff's Ajax and Cruyff's Barca distinctly different??c'mon, are you serious??Not even Van Gaal's 1995 Ajax was that different-only main change with Van Gaal was full back's did not push forward.
And I think you are aware that Barca is not a team to gauge if your tactic is good enough to work with other teams. If you are interested in any feedback just upload your tactic and by the way, I've got a WBA save here and can give you some more feedback about it.
PS.Ah, regarding your challenge to make a tactic you really made the laugh mate, quality!!

do we get so how the players are set up?

@Guardiolaunderstudy

Keep in mind that I'm not criticising your tactic or your effort, but solely the design of your 3-4-3, comparing it to Pep.

As I said, your 3-4-3 do not have have anything in common with Pep 3-4-3, unless you are taking in consideration only the back 3, but as a tactic itself, absolutely nothing and if you have taken the time to study a bit of Ajax or Cruyff you will know what I'm talking about. I'm going nowhere with this, just pointing out a fact to you, without any intention to dismiss your effort.
Pep himself have spoken numerous times about his 3-4-3 and his Cruyff's connections, and even after the 5-0 v R.Madrid he paid public homage to Cruyff. Barcelona essence today, can be seen in that Dream Team of the 1990's.The link to Cruyff is undeniable, so we all know where Pep "took" his tactics from.
Passing stats doesn't make the design of any tactic similar to another just by stats alone: just check here in the forum the number of tactics that claim to produce over 1000 passes.
Playing with 3 central strikers, although the 2 wide strikers roam down the channels, is not the same as playing with 2 wingers whose main job is to hug the touchline to stretch the opposition defense.The final product is totally and completely different.
Plus, where the 3 AMC came from? Cruyff's Ajax and Cruyff's Barca distinctly different??c'mon, are you serious??Not even Van Gaal's 1995 Ajax was that different-only main change with Van Gaal was full back's did not push forward.
And I think you are aware that Barca is not a team to gauge if your tactic is good enough to work with other teams. If you are interested in any feedback just upload your tactic and by the way, I've got a WBA save here and can give you some more feedback about it.
PS.Ah, regarding your challenge to make a tactic you really made the laugh mate, quality!!
Not even worth it bud, get yourself a free version of a tagging system and game analysis package, tag passes, average positions. Do five games worth of tagging for both teams! Ajax and Barca under Cruyff!! and if you haven't been convinced by the stats and average positions then il be gobsmacked!!! on the three amc bit im astonished you could make such a claim!! lookk at their ******* average positions!!! Three midfield players are distictly in front of a more deeper lying midfield player! PLUS NO ONE IS HUGGING THE TOUCH LINE 24/7 They start narrow and then move into the channels :)!! anyone who can use google will be able to see that in the modern barcelona aswell, as for Cruyff's ajax and barcelona you will have to do the hard work of analysing yourself! :)
PS. HAHAHAHAHAHA im ******* myself that you accused me of not studying ajax or Cruyff! you obviously havent got a clue mate :) and hopefully ive enlightened you a little and you might look at the actual statistics of how those teams played and their ACTUAL FORMATION!! and not the tactic you have somehow fabricated in your mind.

@Guardiolaunderstudy

If you truly believe as you said, "that in the modern Barcelona, they start with 3 narrow strikers and then move down the channels, and no one is hugging the touchline 24/7" then I rest my case because I don't know which Barca you have been watching mate and we might be talking about a different Barca.

But just before I go, I leave you with a heat map from Alexis Sanchez in one of last season Barca's 3-4-3 .
The red square contains the darkest dot.
The darker the dots means majority of time in there; now, look at it and tell me if you can see any starting position as a narrow striker moving down the channels.
You don't need to be angry mate, I was just giving you some insight in Barca's methodology and one of the main pillars of the system; wingers/inside forwards starting position hugging the touchline.

Take care and be happy

View attachment 261357