Guide to Starting your Game: Always wanted a long and successful career or club reign

Isnt this also needlessly over complicating the scouting process? If someone has a small budget then having scouts which arent that good at judging players is a but counter productive, surely?
I'm only explaining what has worked for me and others i have recommended it to... and they have all had long club reigns and successive promotions and key signings with the scouting setups in addition to the huge profits from selling like the Wenger style I have explained.

Last edited:
great guide man though i don't quite agree with your training part
if arsenal train like wt u advice.. whole team will be injuried!

great guide man though i don't quite agree with your training part
if arsenal train like wt u advice.. whole team will be injuried!
cheers mate, I have used all the training styles and you don't get as many injuries as you would think, although I do knock back the fitness training one or two notches during the season...

if you get abit of time on your hands.. Why not add Staff names in a spolier post for those who want to see the best staff for your recomendation..

if you get abit of time on your hands.. Why not add Staff names in a spolier post for those who want to see the best staff for your recomendation..
Yeah I plan on doing screenshots for all the sections of the guide but after college me thinks...

Found this guide to be essential for when I started my new save, confident now that I can be successful in the long run and increase my clubs finances along the way.

Brilliant guide mate, must of took you ages to do but i'm guessing since you knew it would help a lot of people you didn't mind :)

Found this guide to be essential for when I started my new save, confident now that I can be successful in the long run and increase my clubs finances along the way.

Brilliant guide mate, must of took you ages to do but i'm guessing since you knew it would help a lot of people you didn't mind :)
Cheers mate the tactics section is gonna be so epic... just waiting for end of college

This is ace mate, nice work... while your planning your tactics bit, i have a few simple questions/queries.

1. Do you find yourself buying the same players and staff?
2. Do you ever trust your assistant manager reports and how accurate do you think they actually are?
3. When starting out at a new team, do you make your Formation or Tactic Philosophy first?
4. Also do you ever make individual training schedules and how do you use your team training schedules?

Sorry to bombard you with questions...

This is ace mate, nice work... while your planning your tactics bit, i have a few simple questions/queries.

1. Do you find yourself buying the same players and staff?
2. Do you ever trust your assistant manager reports and how accurate do you think they actually are?
3. When starting out at a new team, do you make your Formation or Tactic Philosophy first?
4. Also do you ever make individual training schedules and how do you use your team training schedules?

Sorry to bombard you with questions...

1. Do you find yourself buying the same players and staff
Not always, I often have choose players based on what the team needs, but I also do have a shortlist I use when looking at players... I also nearly always choose different styled players based on my team and chosen style of manager, I try and mix things up abit... eg. I will play Counter Football and play like Big Sam and sign alot of hard working players and a few BIG ego's and then I play like Wenger and sign alot of players of the same nationality and integrate them into the English game etc.

I think you have too, which is why I think its important to pick your own staff when you start a new save. I also use the Team Comparison section as this allows you to vaguely rate your players based on the other players and teams in that league.

As I said above I pick my philosophy and then go from there based on my squad... so in order; I have a tactical philosophy in mind and then pick my formation based on the squad.

I often pick my top 3 youth recruits and create individual training schedules for them and then adjust them every year... based on areas needing improvement...

I use team training schedules for the other players and this is always matched to my style of play of the managers persona