Gunning for Glory: My Arsenal Story

question where did you get your national logo's from? brilliant story and well done wining the champions league

Man I don't even remember, I think it was from TPB and it came with all the club and country logos. If I find the link I will PM you.

May 19
Champions League: Final

Post Match Interview (2 Hours after the Final)

Journalist: Excuse me, Andrew, any chance I can have a quick talk?

Andrew: You’ve caught me in a good mood, we’ve just won the Champions League so you are lucky today. What can I do for you?

Journalist: Thanks so much. Firstly, congratulations, it’s a great accomplishment to win the Champions League, your thoughts on the game as whole?

Andrew: Well the fact that we won the game certainly made the game that much better. But overall, I thought we stuck to our game plan well. We attacked when there were opportunities, and defended well when we needed to. I thought we managed the game well, so I am really happy with our performance.

Journalist: How important was it to score first? Madrid looked like they were beginning to control the game until that moment.

Andrew: Absolutely, that goal helped us on our way, and it ended up being the game winner, I was really happy for it to happen to Koscielny as well, he’s been fantastic in particular in the second half of our season.

Journalist: We even got to see Robin van Persie make an appearance. Now that the game is over, can you tell us how well he was feeling during the game and if there was ever a chance he would start or be the player to come on when Walcott was injured so early in the game?

Andrew: Robin felt good yesterday, but there were still some problems he was having. It was too early for him to go on with 75 minutes to still play, plus the possibility of extra time. Gervinho is fairly comfortable playing up front, so I thought that was a better option for us. Robin really wanted to at play tonight, and when we went up by 2 goals, I told him to get ready to play.

Journalist: Winning the Champions League and bringing the trophy home is great, but what might be put to the side is that by winning the competition, you now get a birth in the Champions League last year.

Andrew
: Absolutely, we knew this was our only opportunity to still qualify, and we took it. It`s unfortunate for Chelsea, who will now lose out, but we cannot worry about Chelsea, we needed to focus on us, and we got the job done. I`m really looking forward to defending our title next year, this really is a fantastic competition.

Journalist
: How excited do you think the fans are about finally bringing home some silverware?

Andrew
: Firstly, I want to thank all the Arsenal supporters who made the trip to the final tonight, without them we would be nothing, so thank you to all the fans, this trophy is as much ours as it is yours. I can only take so much credit for the win, the players, staff, boardroom, they all played their part. Arsene Wenger as well should take credit, he put this team together before I took over, so he deserves praises of the fans as well. I am sure there will be parties all night in London, all the Gunner’s fans must be delighted.

Journalist
: Last one, does this make all the challenges that you have faced this season worth it?

Andrew
: Absolutely, to win the biggest trophy any club can win makes it all worth it. We have had some difficulties this season, no doubt, but this triumph more than makes up for it.

Journalist
: Thanks so much Andrew, and again, congratulations on your successes!

Andrew
: No problem, have a good one!

Just read every page, top writing and awesome use of images. Fair play to the commitment! Now get onto the next season and bring the Premiership title home :)

May 22
Thoughts From the Manager

Wow, what a couple of days. Crowned winners of the Champions League just 3 days ago, and it still hasn’t completely sunk in yet. My first season is complete, and though we struggled domestically, to come out as Europe’s top club team is very pleasing.
Time to reflect on the season as whole...

English Premier League

It was a real disappointment to finish outside of the top 4, finishing just 3 points back. There were far too many games this season where we dropped points that would have secured us a better finish, and it came back to haunt us. Fortunately our success in other competitions has allowed us to still play in the Champions League next season, at the expense of Chelsea.

Manchester City locked up the league title with games to spare, finishing on 93 points and a +65 goal differential. A full 13 points behind were Tottenham Hotspur, and even though they are our rivals, it has to be said that this was a really impressive showing from Spurs. Manchester United and Chelsea rounded up the top 4 positions. It was not such a successful season for Newcastle United, who have been relegated again, along with Wigan and Norwich.

Even with Robin van Persie missing our final few games, he was still able to lead the Premier League in scoring, finishing with 23 goals. Beating out Emmanuel Adebayor and Wayne Rooney.

Mikel Arteta also capped a strong first season here at Arsenal finishing runner up to Rafael van der Vaart on assists, Arteta totaling 15 passes leading to goals, 2 behind van der Vaart.

View attachment 232117
English Premier League Table

View attachment 232116
English Premier League Statistics

View attachment 232115View attachment 232114View attachment 232113View attachment 232112
English Premier League Statistics - Arsenal

View attachment 232111English Football of the Year
View attachment 232109Players' Young Player of the Year
View attachment 232108English Premier League Top Goalscorer

View attachment 232110
English Players' Team of the Year

Champions League

In case I haven’t already mentioned it, we won the Champions League. It is Arsenal’s first ever Champions League, and to do it on the 125 year anniversary of the club and under my management, it makes it that much more special. We had a difficult path to the championship, being forced to qualify for the group stages made it even more difficult. But against all odds, we made it to the final and upset the most successful team in European history.

I felt I didn’t get as much out of Marouane Chamakh as I had hoped, but when you look at his statistics in the Champions League, I was a little bit shocked. Finishing runner up to Cristiano Ronaldo for the Golden Boot Award is nothing to be disappointed with. Mikel Arteta also had a strong Champions League, managing to get 8 assists in the competition. The team is also well represented on the Champions League Dream Team with no less than 6 players in the team.

View attachment 232130
Champions League Statistics

View attachment 232126View attachment 232125View attachment 232124View attachment 232123Champions League Statistics - Arsenal

View attachment 232129
Champions League Best Player
View attachment 232127
Champions League Golden Boot

View attachment 232128
Champions League Team of the Year

Rest of the World

Here is a quick look at the tables for some of the other leagues across the World.

View attachment 232139
Spain - Barcelona

View attachment 232140
Scotland - Rangers

View attachment 232141
Portugal - FC Porto

View attachment 232142
Italy - Inter Milan

View attachment 232143
Holland - Ajax

View attachment 232144
Germany - Schake

View attachment 232145
France - Paris Saint-Germain

Off Season Break

Well, the off season begins today, but I will be sure to keep you posted on all the happenings of the summer.
A quick look at how I fared in my first season at Arsenal. Pretty sure the run to the Champions League title saved my job.

View attachment 232149

June 1
Thoughts From the Manager

It’s the start of the offseason, and that means the transfer window has opened. Myself, the backroom staff and our scouts have all come together to hold a meeting about some of our potential targets. After countless hours of talking, looking at scouting reports and watching some video, we have narrowed our search down to a handful of players.

Transfer Targets
View attachment 234186
Alexandre Pato (ST)
Asking Price: $45 million or more
Likelihood of Joining: 3/10

The young forward has voiced his displeasure at how poorly AC Milan’s season went last year, finishing 7th​ in the Serie A. Pato had a disappointing season, scoring just 7 goals in 21 league appearances, but at just 22 years of age, he can fit into the first team immediately. With his many injury concerns and possible high price tag, this signing appears unlikely without further pressure from player and/or agent forcing Milan to sell.
-----
View attachment 234182Kevin Prince Boateng (CM/AM C)
Asking Price: $9 million (Transfer Listed)
Likelihood of Joining: 7/10

Another AC Milan player we are taking a look at is Boateng. A great box to box midfielder who has played in England before, would be a great addition to the midfield, where he can play centrally or slightly further forward. Boateng also voiced his displeasure with his teams poor performance last year, and Milan felt they could do well without him, and has been transfer listed.
-----
View attachment 234189Willian (AM C)
Asking Price: $20 - $30 million
Likelihood of Joining: 6/10

A target of Arsenal, and manager Andrew in particular, for some time. Arsenal had the chance to play Shakhtar on 4 occasions last season in the Champions League, and the scouting staff were very impressed with the Brazilian.
-----
View attachment 234187James Rodriguez (AM C/L)
Asking Price: $8 – 15 million
Likelihood of Joining: 9/10

The Columbian attacker has been on the radar of many European clubs, one of them being Arsenal. Would likely be deployed on the left of attack, but can also play in the middle. The Gunners look favourites to sign the 20 year old, but Real Madrid, Barelona, AC Milan and others appear likely to attempt to secure his signature.

Of course, there may well be other signings we may pursue if we are unsuccessful with these targets, but there is still plenty of time to make offers.

Transfer Departures

And of course, if we bring players in, we will need to also let players go. It’s always a tough decision to make when it comes to trying to sell players, but we cannot carry any passengers on the team, so there is the possibility that some or all of these players will be let go.

View attachment 234188
Thomas Rosicky (AM C)
Asking Price: Free
Likelihood of Leaving: 10/10

The veteran’s contract will run out at the end of the month, and it looks like he was never in the new manager’s plans. At 31 years of age, there is surely a team out there which will jump at the chance to pick up the player.
-----
View attachment 234181Nicklas Bendtner (ST)
Asking Price: $8 – $15 million
Likelihood of Leaving: 8/10

Another player who doesn’t seem to have a place in the team, though he did have a successful loan spell at Sunderland scoring 11 league goals. Ego of a world class player, the ability of a squad player.
-----
View attachment 234183Abou Diaby (CM)
Asking Price: $8 - $15 million
Likelihood of Leaving: 7/10

Tough season for the Frenchman with multiple injuries, couldn’t break into the first team when healthy.
-----
View attachment 234184Johan Djourou (CB)
Asking Price: $4 - $8 million
Likelihood of Leaving: 5/10

Saw very few games in the second half of the season when Arsenal finally figured out their best center back pairing was Vermaelen and Koscielny. Added depth at right back, but rarely saw game action.
-----
View attachment 234185Park Chu Young (ST, AM L)
Asking Price: $5 - $7 million
Likelihood of Leaving: 6/10

Struggled to adapt to the Premier League in his minimal playing time, will likely move to a mid-table club where his skills can be utilized each week.

More updates to come this weekend, again really sorry bout the lack of updates, haven`t had the time to put a good one together.

Hoping you guys are still following for the second season which will be coming up shortly!