Gurkha fought off 30 Taliban

Didn't the guy who disarmed the most bombs ever get a VC ? (He is from Sheffield, hero)

This guy must have been so scared though, credit to the lad, another true hero
i believe he got a miltary cross

Chuck Norris is a Gurkha?
XD
About the comment on slicing the hand - yep, 100% true.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Not suprised it was a Gurkha, British Army selection is one of the toughest in the world,and inside that, Gurkha selection is one of the toughest in the regular army. These guys are hard as nails.

Hero.

Had read a book about Gurkhas. On one page it said:
"The British Army minimum regulation for pull-ups are six. The Gurkhas demand twelve and nothing less."
...woah. And that's the FIRST test. There are height, eye sight etc. They don't even teach them about guns until much, much later.

Last edited:
This guy is amazing.Fair play to him.
I've got one question for the Milatary.What the **** do you have to do to get the highest honour?
I mean he fought off all those guys and prevented the Taliban from killing more people with an IED single handedly and he only gets the second highest honour.Is it just me or does that not sound right.

This guy is amazing.Fair play to him.
I've got one question for the Milatary.What the **** do you have to do to get the highest honour?
I mean he fought off all those guys and prevented the Taliban from killing more people with an IED single handedly and he only gets the second highest honour.Is it just me or does that not sound right.

I don't know mate, but I think people who had saved many lives and were heavily injured/killed gets them.
But that would mean he has to die if he was to get a VC.. which is just wrong.

Saw this on the news on Monday - unbelievably brave, and it makes you proud of your country when something like this happens :)