• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Sunderland striker Asamoah Gyan signs for United Arab Emirates side Al-Ain on loan.

More...

Bruce has nothing to do with it, just Gyan wanting to line his pockets.

erm, BBC I know your slow....but this happened over 12 hours ago you bunch of half wits

All the hate comments on this thread are stupid. He's not greedy or a mug, he has a short career and wants to make the most of it. I bet other players would jump at the opportunity too - Rafael Sobis, Fabio Cannavaro, etc. and plus it's only a loan deal.

Sunderland have enough strikers to cover him, and Bruce was willing to let him go. Probably more to do with Bruce (wanting to get some money from a future sale) than himself to be fair. Anyway, he's a hardworking and loyal striker (as shown for Ghana at the WC) so I don't think you can criticize him much, he's a bit like Dirk Kuyt or maybe even Wayne Rooney.

Last edited:
All the hate comments on this thread are stupid. He's not greedy or a mug, he has a short career and wants to make the most of it. I bet other players would jump at the opportunity too - Rafael Sobis, Fabio Cannavaro, etc. and plus it's only a loan deal.

Sunderland have enough strikers to cover him, and Bruce was willing to let him go. Probably more to do with Bruce (wanting to get some money from a future sale) than himself to be fair. Anyway, he's a hardworking and loyal striker (as shown for Ghana at the WC) so I don't think you can criticize him much, he's a bit like Dirk Kuyt or maybe even Wayne Rooney.

Then this comment dosen't make sence, Emirati PremierLeague or English Premier League???? No brainer, its only a loan so the money isent even an issue. Very stupid, mixed up, man in my eyes.

It's posts like these that make me normally skip your posts, mainly due to your lack of footballing knowledge, but also due to your complete naivety in general.

Bruce was brutally honest post match. Said 48 hours ago Gyan shook his hand and said he was staying and committed to SAFC. Apparently Bruce heard about this last night, he said he was bemused. Essentially said it made no sense and Gyan has made a big mistake. My opinion on Gyan is simple and 'controversial'... He's over rated. He was AWFUL in Italy, barely played in France but has a decent World Cup and gets a ridiculously expensive move. SAFC overpaid by around £8m on a barely mediocre striker, Gyan is a ego driven 'superstar' who is just not good enough. Just my opinion but from what I saw when he was in Italy and France he's not good enough anyway it's that simple. As for this loan move it shows his character, one regions transfer window is open so he finds an option to get out ASAP and takes it. U.A.E league is about his level.

I thought he was good last season. At least at the start he looked like one of the summer's best signings - although his WC clearly boosted his price to what was clearly too much to pay for him.

Not sure it's about money though. How can it be if It's only a loan - surely he had the same contract? Not sure why It's not permanent though. Bizarre move IMO.

After so many teams made enquiries about him, his head started to turn. Eventually he asked for a wage rise, which was rejected. He started to play badly, came back from pre-season overweight, and just didn't want to be here. He promised Bruce he would stay, and hours later said he wanted to leave again. Quite rightly, Bruce and Quinn told him to **** off.

Bruce was brutally honest post match. Said 48 hours ago Gyan shook his hand and said he was staying and committed to SAFC. Apparently Bruce heard about this last night, he said he was bemused. Essentially said it made no sense and Gyan has made a big mistake. My opinion on Gyan is simple and 'controversial'... He's over rated. He was AWFUL in Italy, barely played in France but has a decent World Cup and gets a ridiculously expensive move. SAFC overpaid by around £8m on a barely mediocre striker, Gyan is a ego driven 'superstar' who is just not good enough. Just my opinion but from what I saw when he was in Italy and France he's not good enough anyway it's that simple. As for this loan move it shows his character, one regions transfer window is open so he finds an option to get out ASAP and takes it. U.A.E league is about his level.

bit of a exaggeration ?

Will aim to impress on loan then get a permanent move to get a bigger contract. There are no other reasons why you'd want to leave the premier league for the U.A.E league.

Like I said in my opinion he's not very good. Gyan couldn't get in a Serie B team a few years ago so how he's suddenly a superstar is beyond me. Mediocre touch, technically decent and not very clinical. Never proved himself anywhere domestically especially not enough to payback the fee SAFC paid. If you want to value players off WC performances Klose's worth 40m and Rooney's worth 1m. Never justified his fee and pre SAFC he was awful, that's all I'm saying.

Massively overrated.

Touch of a rapist, a relatively poor rapist at that. **** in the air, seemed to scuff every shot, he couldn't even finish a sentan...

Back