Gyan departs Sunderland for UAE

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 3K
Just been told that, after tax, Gyan will earn higher wages at Al-Ain than Aguero earns at City.

He's obviously looking for a permanent move so he can get some of that middle east money to line his pocket. I do not get this one bit.

When I heard this was mad with Bruce after hearing his post match comments I am still mad at him but also disappointed with Gyan.

TBH the whole thing stinks we have let a player we paid 13 million for go on loan so getting nothing back when his has still got 3 years on his contract. Added to the fact we are now once again a striker light and add to that we now can't even replace him until the January when we will probably have no moeny to do so. He should have went in the summer if anytime not now.

What also does not add up is Bruce saying he engineered a move to UAE surely even in this day and age the club has the right to say no you are staying here. We should have said no to the deal said to Gyan buck up ypour ideas or you will rot in reserves for next 3 years or even till January when we will get cash for youy rtaher than nothing.

Add this to a poor start and poor end top the season and Bruce in my eyes has 3 games to sort it out otherwis heads will roll hopefully his lost fiath in the man. Really starting to thing he is a sleeper agent sent from St James'. Anyway rant over thanks.

maybe its beacuse of the silly mail about selling Gyan to big clubs over the summer, making gyan [potenialy] unhappy. LOL

any way bruce, bendtners yours. :P

Bendtner is looking a different player so far, well for denmark he has anyway! And to comment on the gyan subject it is one of the strangest deals i've ever seen, letting the most expensive striker at your club go out on loan when you know you cant replace hime :\ near as bad as everton who have one of the smallest squads in the league selling 4 players[ including 2 strikers and signing 2 hahaha of which one was a striker back

When I heard this was mad with Bruce after hearing his post match comments I am still mad at him but also disappointed with Gyan.

TBH the whole thing stinks we have let a player we paid 13 million for go on loan so getting nothing back when his has still got 3 years on his contract. Added to the fact we are now once again a striker light and add to that we now can't even replace him until the January when we will probably have no moeny to do so. He should have went in the summer if anytime not now.

What also does not add up is Bruce saying he engineered a move to UAE surely even in this day and age the club has the right to say no you are staying here. We should have said no to the deal said to Gyan buck up ypour ideas or you will rot in reserves for next 3 years or even till January when we will get cash for youy rtaher than nothing.

Add this to a poor start and poor end top the season and Bruce in my eyes has 3 games to sort it out otherwis heads will roll hopefully his lost fiath in the man. Really starting to thing he is a sleeper agent sent from St James'. Anyway rant over thanks.

I seriously doubt any manager would like to keep a player who tells you he is staying only to ask for a transfer HOURS later. You're being too harsh on Bruce, I doubt he wanted rid of him but there's no point keeping a **** of such epic proportions in a squad. I realise you're probably ****** off at a 13m player leaving, and you being stuck with few options up front, but look at the bright side, you're not heavily in debt and are not forced to play a few youngsters (As good as they may be, I do love my Barkleys and Rodwells, but we may be overstretching them) every week. You still have Bendtner, Campbell and Wickham to play up-front, that's the same we have right now, and you don't have that horrible debt to worry about.

//Edit - Now I'm depressed.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt any manager would like to keep a player who tells you he is staying only to ask for a transfer HOURS later. You're being too harsh on Bruce, I doubt he wanted rid of him but there's no point keeping a **** of such epic proportions in a squad. I realise you're probably ****** off at a 13m player leaving, and you being stuck with few options up front, but look at the bright side, you're not heavily in debt and are not forced to play a few youngsters (As good as they may be, I do love my Barkleys and Rodwells, but we may be overstretching them) every week. You still have Bendtner, Campbell and Wickham to play up-front, that's the same we have right now, and you don't have that horrible debt to worry about.

//Edit - Now I'm depressed.

I take it you're an Everton fan? Everton's debt compared to the rest of the clubs in the prem isn't all that big, kenwright is making a mountain out of a molehill with it tbh!

And in relation to the other point Wickham isnt really ready for it though they do hav Bendtner and Campbell who on their day can be very good... I agree with you tho' I don't think Bruce should be blamed for this and its very rare in modern football that you can keep an unhappy player at the club

simmer down yo'll.

but yet, it really strange tbh, since imo gyan played well in his first season.

maybe he was scared of second season syndrome hahahaha :p

but seriously like I said above... It's so hard in modern day football to keep a player at the club that doesn't want to be there...

maybe he was scared of second season syndrome hahahaha :p

but seriously like I said above... It's so hard in modern day football to keep a player at the club that doesn't want to be there...

or it could those dumb schumck rumor of him moving to a big clubs. lol real madrid seriousy.

i dont think he's the striker mourhino needs , much liek those rumors like aguero to real, as benzema , higs, CR7 are good enough.

haha theres not a chance he'd get in mourinho's team, in the same way that adebayor was just a bit part last season if they had really wanted gyan theyd have come in with a bid for him.... i think footballers listen to papers more than fans! haha

Just read a mackem's facebook status... 'Gyan's new club only had 350 fans last game lol'

By the looks of things, Sunderland didn't do much better.

hes not that bad, he's got double digits in a season in serie a, ligue 1 and the premier league, so he's obviously not a terrible player and is easily good enough for a mid to lower table PL team IMO

Im sure he will get a super car, free rent at a top penthouse etc. to sweeten the deal.

I take it you're an Everton fan? Everton's debt compared to the rest of the clubs in the prem isn't all that big, kenwright is making a mountain out of a molehill with it tbh!

Thing is our income isn't big enough to guarantee investment in the club while reducing the debt. Most of our money goes to banks and we don't get any cash to re-invest. It's been a while since we last bought first-teamers.

Just been told that, after tax, Gyan will earn higher wages at Al-Ain than Aguero earns at City.

How this the case if its a loan deal?? Unless they are paying him extra money under the table.

Back