Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

haha this made me laugh, look how well a blackburn rovers reserve did for himself!

Reaction score
One of the reasons I love Football Manager!

Reaction score
i dont get it, he played for blackburn and now manages brazil, whats so funny about that.

Reaction score
i dont get it, he played for blackburn and now manages brazil, whats so funny about that.

i suppose its funny to me because i was the manager of rovers for 3 years then munich then madrid and i treated him like **** at rovers because frankly hes a poor player so to come out of obscurity at win titles with brazil is amazing imo

Reaction score
Many of the best managers were average at football, at best. There is no reason why being good at football should make you a brilliant manager, or vice versa. If anything the likes of Michel Laudrup are the exception - and they were known for their football intelligence when they were players, I can't see CRonaldo becoming a world-class manager (not that he has any need to). So nothing unusual with a rubbish player becoming a brilliant manager.

Reaction score
Many of the best managers were average at football, at best. There is no reason why being good at football should make you a brilliant manager, or vice versa. If anything the likes of Michel Laudrup are the exception - and they were known for their football intelligence when they were players, I can't see CRonaldo becoming a world-class manager (not that he has any need to). So nothing unusual with a rubbish player becoming a brilliant manager.
look at Roberto Di Matteo as a e.g. ;)

Reaction score
look at Roberto Di Matteo as a e.g. ;)
34 caps for Italy, took ----- to the playoffs, promoted West Brom, won the FA Cup and the Champions League? I have no idea which side that's meant to be an example of :)

Reaction score
He's a poor player in real life too, he doesn't even get in the squad. I remember Steve Kean saying he's the next Dennis Irwin