Just a note for anyone before they ask. If you need a goal late in a game or are struggling to find the breakthrough I would move the DM to a ST playing as a DLF on the left of your other ST

Any feedback on this tactic?

Further progress with York - won the VNN with record points total - prediction was to finish in the play-offs. Biggest win 6:1 against Darlington in the league. Reached the FA Trophy Semi-Finals being beaten by Slough 3:2.

Large squad overhaul in VNL for financial reasons, predicted play-offs - won the league again with record points. Notable results, beating Cardiff 2:0 in the FA Cup and then falling to a 3:2 defeat against Watford in the next round. Beating recently relegated Leyton Orient over 2 legs in the FA Trophy Semi-Final and going on to win it. Biggest win 7:2 against Barnet in the League.

Currently performing well above expectations in League 2 sat in 2nd after 12 games. Notable performances - beating Accrington Stanley (League 1) in the Carabao Cup on penalties after a 0:0 draw, taking Nottingham Forrest to penalties in the next round but losing after a 2:2 draw. Largest win so far 6:1 against Northampton in the League.

New version of the basic tactic, focussing on more defensive solidity. Both seasons in VNN and VNL we conceded the least goals and lost the least games.

Screenshots can be provided for most of the above.

Attachments

• Hailestorm Press Basic v2.fmf
    43.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I will give it a try with my new Fenerbahçe save.

Edit: I assume there are no OI's and player instructions for that tactic.

Last edited:
6 friendly matches against Champions League and Europa League teams with Fenerbahçe.
5 win 1 draw.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

do you use the 5 back against big teams ?
You can give it a shot but I used it to be more attacking, even though it's a 5-3-2 on paper it plays more like a 3-5-2. If you're struggling against better team I would suggest trying these variations.

The basic v2 is just a bit more solid, the DEF is as you expect, a sit back and counter trying to give up no space at the back.

Attachments

• Hailestorm Press Basic DEF.fmf
    44.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Hailestorm Press Basic v2.fmf
    44.4 KB · Views: 140
First 10 matches in league and cup. I've just one lost and i shared statistics about that game, i can say that it was unlucky lost on 90+3rd minute. I shared my team stats too.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Ekran Alıntısı2.PNG

League table.

Ekran Alıntısı6.PNG

Players sorted by ratings.

Ekran Alıntısı3.PNG

Players sorted by goals.

Ekran Alıntısı4.PNG

Players sorted by assists.

Ekran Alıntısı5.PNG

Last edited:
@khanagilis great to see, I'm happy that the conceded goals is very low as that's one of the main things I was aiming for with this tactic. Nice to see the ST putting out a solid goal return as well.

@khanagilis great to see, I'm happy that the conceded goals is very low as that's one of the main things I was aiming for with this tactic. Nice to see the ST putting out a solid goal return as well.

I will update every ten matches.

First 10 matches in league and cup. I've just one lost and i shared statistics about that game, i can say that it was unlucky lost on 90+3rd minute. I shared my team stats too.

View attachment 523757

View attachment 523758

League table.

View attachment 523759

Players sorted by ratings.

View attachment 523760

Players sorted by goals.

View attachment 523761

Players sorted by assists.

View attachment 523762

Here is another 10 game, 9 wins and 1 draw.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Here is my draw game's stats.

Ekran Alıntısı2.PNG

League table.

resim_2020-12-13_174309.png

@khanagilis shame about the loss, I suppose you were a man down at the end but top of the league so it's doing the job for you I guess. Thanks for the update.

Will the new update. Effect the tactic at all

I haven't tested it on the latest update as I've been working on another tactic. Most recently I did find it was harder to score however, the defence was still solid though.

@khanagilis great result, broke the 100pts barrier which is fantastic and 36 wins in 40 games is a solid return. Shame about the losses but I suppose the tactic is a bit open out wide or to balls over the top against tough teams.

Love this tactic man, I was playing very similar anyway and have tweaked the wing backs and midfields to match your tactic more. It's helped a bunch!