Hajduk Split since 1911 . The world's craziest city, Split <3

Reaction score
HNK Hajduk Split
300px-Hnkhajduksplit.svg.png

HNK Hajduk Split is a Croatia football club, one of the two most popular football clubs in the country. Hajduk is based in the city of Split, Croatia.
Their nicknames are "Bili" (The Whites) and "Majstori s mora" (Masters from the sea). Hajduk is one of the most successful teams in the former Yugoslavia and Croatia, having won 9 Yugoslav First League titles, 6 Prva HNL titles, 1 Banovina of Croatia title, 1 People's Republic of Croatia title, 5 Croatian Cups,5 Croatian Supercups and 9 Yugoslav Cups.

The team's traditional home colours are white shirts alongside with blue shorts and socks. Hajduk Split's home ground since 1979 is the 35,000-seater Poljud football stadium in Split (originally 50,000), where it has played since 1979. Hajduk Split holds long-standing rivalries with other football clubs, most notably Dinamo from Zagreb, with matches between the two teams referred to as "Eternal derby".
The club was founded in the famous, centuries-old pub U Fleku in Praguehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague (then also part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire ) by a group of students from Split: Fabijan Kaliterna, Lucijan Stella, Ivan Šakić and Vjekoslav Ivanišević.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HNK_Hajduk_Split#cite_note-hist-0They attended the pub following a match between AC Sparta and SK Slavija and decided it was time their own town founded its professional club. They all knew how popular the sport was in Split (their home), and how well their friends there played.
The club was officially registered with the authorities on February 13, 1911. The name originates from the hajduks, romanticized bandits that fought the Ottoman Turks. The founders subsequently designed the club's emblem, and a group of Catholic nuns from a monastery in Split created copies which were distributed to fans.

This video is marked as " Must Watch ". Time : 00:00, Day : 13.02.2011, Place : Split, Croatia.
The whole city is on fire !!!

YouTube - Torcida Split presente : PAKAO NAD SPLITOM ! ( Hajduk Split 100 godina )

The stadium on day 13.2.2011, game against Slavia Prague. Hajduk lost 2-0 against Slavia, but we are always faithfull !
Choreography !!!

YouTube - 100 godina Hajduka: 1911 - 2011

In short, this is how everything begins.

YouTube - Hajdučka balada (100 godina Hajduka) - Tomec&Grabber

Torcida
torcida.jpg

Hajduk Split's supporters, Torcida, were formed on 28 October 1950. They took their name from the Brazilian fan group they idolized, which comes from the Portugese 'torcer' which means 'to cheer on'. They are the oldest organized supporters' group in Europe. Supporters popularly call the players of Hajduk 'bili' which in the local Dalmatian dialect means "the whites". "Hajduk lives forever" is the fan's slogan, which testifies to the long and continuing history of name Hajduk.
Torcida members and other fervent fans of the club gather in the north stand at the stadium of Poljud from where they support their club. The 'Heart of Hajduk' (Croatian: Hajdučko srce) is an annual football award which was established in 1994 and is officially awarded by the Hajduk Split supporters' Torcida Split to the Hajduk player of the year, e.g. the team's best performing player during the season.

Wow, such an interesting club, with a fantastic history i never even knew about!
You must love Hajduk to write a guide this detailed.

I seen a few pics on a Celtic forum yesterday, truly magnificent club. Very passionate fans, and i hope that they can start making an impact in Europe as the fans deserve it.

15s107s.jpg

vatromet_hajduk7-130211.jpg

Cestitam 100-godisnjicu...!!!
Congratulations...

Well Hajduk is a religion or even more to everyone from Dalmatia and further, u just have to see to believe
everyone breaths eats see and hears only Hajduk
and the celebration was once in history, unbeatable
comming from a Dinamo fan i think i made a clear point
Shame the players messed up 2 perfect days of wonderfull celebration and euphory

Last edited:
Went on holiday to Split in August and I went to two Hajduk games. They are definitely my second team now and I always check their results. Really would like to go back to Split (it's a beautiful city) to see another game. Great support, great history, great stadium! Hajduk is a proper club!

http://ultras-tifo.net/news/285-hajduk-split-100-years-celebration.html

100 years celebration is only once in life. I don't care if judgement day is tomorrow, this was my life and I will never forget these scenes. At last moments of my life, those pictures will go through my mind.

444055-9671-77694-hajdukkkkk.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 06:48 PM ----------

Went on holiday to Split in August and I went to two Hajduk games. They are definitely my second team now and I always check their results. Really would like to go back to Split (it's a beautiful city) to see another game. Great support, great history, great stadium! Hajduk is a proper club!

Thanks for everything, to bad that you didn't come on birthday. But you should definetly come again.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Wow, such an interesting club, with a fantastic history i never even knew about!
You must love Hajduk to write a guide this detailed.

Of course I love the club, as everyone who knows about club. Yes, it's great club, best and oldest supporter group, but awfull board in club !! One of greatest Hajduk victories are against Manchester United 6-0. There are many great wins, but that was incredible.

there are glourious days of club... once they have man utd 6:0.. those were days or when we played 1/4 final of champions league

HAJDUK LIVES FOREVER 1911-2011

Im sorry I just had to do it.
great club tho

Great goal, but that players which played against Shelbourne are worst Hajduk generation in last 30 years. Those players and in year when we lost against Debrecen on agg 8-0 :'( disgrace. But like everyone who love this club, I hope the better days are coming.

espn.jpg

YouTube - ESPN football rivalries - HAJDUK Split -dinamo

Hajduk Split 2000-2011 ( Unlucky )

Cup Uefa 2003/04
logo-european-uefa-cup.png

second game ! ( first finished 1:0 for Roma [Cassano 92'] )

50498_8399073966_6361908_q.jpg
Hajduk 1:1 Roma
roma1.gif

Bule ( 33 ), Cassano ( 85 )

YouTube - Hajduk - Roma 1:1
Cup Uefa 2002/03
logo-european-uefa-cup.png

second game ! ( first finished 1:0 for Fulham )

2094345571.gif
Fulham 2:2 Hajduk

Marlet, Malbranque, Djolonga, Vejić
YouTube - Fulham - Hajduk 2:2
I must say that I will always remember Junichi Inamoto, who cleared the ball of the line in 90+ min.

Champions League 2001/02

c_league.jpg

first game ! ( second finished 2:0 for Mallorca [Samuel Eto'o] )

Hajduk 1:0 Mallorca
mallorca.png

Mate Bilić

YouTube - hajduk mallorca 1-0

Europa League 2010/11
timthumb.php

second game ! ( first finished 3:1 for Dinamo B. )

Hajduk 3:0 Dinamo Bucuresti
dinamobucuresti.png

Vukušić( 12 ),Brkljača( 22 ),Tomasov( 38 )

YouTube - Hajduk Split 3-0 Dinamo Bucuresti Europa League Highlights 5.08.2010

Europa League 2010/11
timthumb.php

first game ! ( second finished 1:1 )

Hajduk 4:1 Unirea Urziceni
50513_206566931634_2673306_q.jpg

Ibričić( 39 ),Ibričić( 66 ),Brkljača( 78 ),Čop( 85 ), Frunza ( 34 )

YouTube - HNK Hajduk Split - Unirea all goals svi golovi

Europa League 2010/11
timthumb.php

Group Stage

Hajduk 1:0 Anderlecht
anderlecht.png

Vukušić( 95 )

YouTube - Drago Ćosić Vukušiću Ante sinjski dijamante
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KelCKoes5w0

Last edited:
very interesting to read as i dont know much about them at all!

This should encourage some people from the forum to play with Hajduk :D

HAJDUK LIVES FOREVER <3

one word - Fantastic. Congratulations to Hajduk and you mate who writes this with fantastic videos

Cestitam komsije, kako su rekli na HRT2, bar jos 100 godina.
off topic, ko je stariji Dinamo ili Hajduk ?

I must say, I am really happy at seeing the respect the Dinamo fans have for Hajduk. Also brilliant write-up mate! As Shay Given said, their fans deserve impact in Europe