Hallucinations and realisations - the story of a maverick

Chapter 2
3rd January 2013

He held the rope in his trembling hands while tears flowed down his face - he could taste the salty-like aroma of tears on his lips. He had been struggling with this problem for a while now, and he had thought about it a lot, eventually drawing the conclusion that it had to be done. He had calmly prepared what he needed - heck, he had even written a note, but when it came to actually doing it, he just could not bring himself to do it. So there he sat, reminiscing about his life and feeling a strong sense of nostalgia.

He also thought about deeper ideas, about morals; about the meaning of life; about himself as a person. Should he do it? Was that his fate? He remembered when he was 16, when he had just joined Villa, he had been tipped for stardom by his coaches. "You'll play for England once day, Lee, that'll be your fate" they had said to him, smiling proudly. They had been right, of course, but they would not have envisaged what would happen after that. He had 'made it', but that did not matter to him anymore. "I...hate...myself!" he screamed, thumping his head on the table with every syllable, suddenly no longer immersed in his thoughts and recollections. "Why did I have to do what I did, why was I so stupid!?"

Eventually, after much contemplation, he threw the rope away with a sigh, his eyes still brimming with tears. Death was so tempting, but this was not the way he wanted to go. No, he wanted to be remembered not only as a good footballer; but also as a good man. And he still had so much to contribute to the world, to both the real world and the footballing world, even though his footballing career was practically over...

Very nice update buddy! Looking forward to more.

Sorry about the lack of updates, guys - I've been busy recently! I still have an intention to continue with this story, so you can expect an update sometime over the weekend/next week...