Mid-Table atm is great considering how it was going, hopefully second half of season you may be able to push on into the top 3!

View attachment 328896
January

View attachment 328895

Well I couldn't shift any of these lot on so free transfers for them all! I was over my wage budget and needed to free up some space so it was worth doing. Vidovic was my only foreign player (been in reserves) and no one had showed any interest so now Hansa are pure German (with the occasional dual nationality here and there). Schunemann actually had pretty decent potential, but with about 7 other better CDMs with similar/better potential it was no use keeping him around whilst he wasn't playing or developing (he's 22), especially since he was complaining about not playing.

View attachment 328897

This allowed me to bring in Pokar on a free! I tried to sign him in pre-season but didn't have the wage funds available. We were lacking in the AMC department and he will hopefully provide some quality on the ball and from dead-ball situations.

View attachment 328894

Really disappointed with this. I attempted to sign him on a free for the summer when his contract expires and thought he would have accepted the contract but NEC snook in first. He would have been a solid signing for us. A young centre back with experience in a higher league, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

View attachment 328893
24/01/2015
A new year and a slightly new layout for my match reviews just to give a bit more info. Saw it employed by xJamieWilliams on his Carragher story and I quite liked it, so if you're reading this Jamie, thanks in advance for letting me steal it. Pretty comfortable win but disappointed to concede!

View attachment 328892
31/01/2015
Tbh it would have been a real gutter if we didn't get a point against lowly Regensburg. I am terribly disappointed we didn't get a win and more points on the board but it's still another game without defeat (now 9). A real sloppy goal to concede too and it's two months since we last had a clean sheet! May need some tactical tweaks but scared to do too much whilst we are unbeaten.

View attachment 328883

Just five points off the top three. This league reminds me quite a lot of the Championship with how tight it is. A couple of wins and you're up there, a couple of losses and you're dropping fast. I hope we can continue our form and push up toward the top. Ultimately, that isn't our goal this season and I shouldn't be too disappointed if we don't finish top 3. However, I have the taste of unbeaten on my tongue and gosh it's moreish!

View attachment 328888

Two goals in his last fixture earns Blacha POM. He's one of our best players (arguably the best), yet his form hasn't been quite as I'd hoped. May tinker with his player role and see if I can bring out some more of the best in him!

February sees us line up against three of the top 8 teams in Munster, Kiel and Grossaspach, as well as a game vs table-propper-uppers Stuttgart II. Tough month but we are relishing it.

View attachment 328582
February

View attachment 328581
08/02/14
A sloppy goal conceded costs us the three points today. Still a decent away draw but we really dominated this game and should have won.

View attachment 328580
15/02/14
Drawing again against one of the top sides. Tbh we were lucky to get away with a draw so I am pleased as Kiel had a good few opportunities to win.

View attachment 328579
21/02/14
A nice away win vs one of the worst teams in the league. Would have liked a more convincing win but hey it's 3 points.

View attachment 328576
28/02/14
A win and clean sheet. Great to keep it tight at the back whilst earning the 3 points.

View attachment 328573
This is how the league table is looking. 9th in a tight league with only 6 points separating us and the top 3. A late push could see us up there.

View attachment 328572
POM goes to Daniel Vier. After being returned to the side we've been a bit tighter at the back. He had a poor spell early in his Rostock career but now he's in good form with some solid ratings and a goal this month.

View attachment 328571
Well, we've become the feeder club of Bayern to earn a bit more money and try and grab some quality loanees and maybe even some of their youth prospects not deemed good enough for the Bayern squad. If they choose to release/sell these players they might be more likely to sell to us on the cheap. Hoping this has it's benefits whilst we climb the tables.

March is a hopefully to be a slightly more exciting month with five games and youth recruitment day. Really hoping for some quality youth players as well as some good footballing results.

View attachment 328507
March

Always an exciting month with youth recruitment taking place early on. There were five games to be played in March so it was an opportunity to get some real momentum.

View attachment 328506
07/03/14
Mainz II aren't doing very well so it was a bit annoying that we didn't put them to the sword. An away point is always welcome.

View attachment 328505
14/03/14
We may have missed the chance to win but Chemnitzer are a good side. We were the better of the two teams but not clinical enough. Still unbeaten though!

View attachment 328504
21/03/13
Another draw! Second time we've drawn three in a row this season. Keeps the unbeaten run going and considering Stuttgarter are doing well this season, it is a quality result.

View attachment 328503
25/07/14
Now we're talking. Only the second time we have won by three goals this season and a delightful result.

View attachment 328502
27/03/14
Back to back wins puts some much needed points on the board as we approach the business end of the season.

View attachment 328499
EIGHTEEN GAMES! Lots of draws but a steady points return has seen us creep up the table

View attachment 328498
Up to sixth in the table which is superb. Six games to go and six points off the top three... What are my chances of making it?

View attachment 328494
POM this month goes to ever-consistent defender Christian Stuff, who helped us keep four clean sheets in five!

Youth Intake

View attachment 328493
Always an exciting time in a Home-Grown dedicated save as we have to largely rely on the players we bring through the ranks. Here is a look at the trialists.

View attachment 328492
A lot of players with decent potential. Most of them were signed on to add depth to a threadbare u19 squad. High hopes for quite a few of these players. Here are the best picks of them...

View attachment 328489View attachment 328487View attachment 328484View attachment 328491
Borowski, Kostmann, Malinowski and Berger

These are four of the best from this years youth intake. Particularly excited by Borowski and Malinowski but Kostmann was rated as the best of the youth intake according to my HoYD, and at just 14y/o he has lots of time to develop. Tutoring has already started on these players and I shall be looking to post an update on their progression after approx six months or so.

View attachment 328475
Here are the final six games of the season. A home fixture vs Osnabruck is sandwiched between away trips to Erfurt and Halle in what will be some tough games. If we can capitalise here we could set ourselves up for a promotion push in the last month. I must remain grounded however and realise that my objectives for this year is a respectable finish. Now I am close I really want this though! On to April!

Fantastic effort after the start you had, hope you can squeeze into the playoffs but barring a catastrophic final run it looks like being a solid first season to build on in any case. Good luck with the final push!

Fantastic effort after the start you had, hope you can squeeze into the playoffs but barring a catastrophic final run it looks like being a solid first season to build on in any case. Good luck with the final push!

It makes me wish we had an ok start and we'd be up there. I've forgotten what it feels like to lose, which I guess is a bit dangerous. Hope we can make some good signings in the summer either way. The German talent isn't that great/is expensive but we will hopefully bag a couple of decent players and rock on.

Good luck with the final games :) hopefully you'll make it, but if not you've had a successful season and will have something to build on next season.

Going from almost getting sacked to 18 games unbeaten is quite an achievement, also great work on the deal with Bayern, they have quite some young talented players so that should work out pretty well for you. Can't wait to see the next update and see where you finished in the season!

View attachment 328440
April & May

Call me lazy but I decided to wrap up the season in one go. Mainly because I forgot to get a league table and POM for April.

View attachment 328441
04/04/14
Not a great display but an ok draw.

View attachment 328439
18/04/14
Another f**king 0-0. I am sick of them. This unbeaten run is ok but the amount of draws is getting too much. I'd rather win one and lose one than draw two.

View attachment 328438
24/04/14
A great away win coming from a goal down against the league leaders made me think this could be our year to push on for promotion... but...

View attachment 328437
09/05/14
A penalty given away against 17th at home and our unbeaten run comes to an end. Fuming as this ended our run and our chances of getting top three. A game we should be comfortably winning but we bottled it.

View attachment 328435
16/05/14
4-0 down at half-time to local rivals. Disgraceful. Not sure what's changed in the last two games but we've really effed it.

View attachment 328424
23/05/14
This win ensured we didn't finish 10th!

View attachment 328420
21 games unbeaten with 11 wins and 10 draws in that time. A great run ruined by poor form at the beginning and end of the season means we finish 6th. I am happy with this as it is above season expectations, but I am also frustrated at the number of points we dropped to teams we are superior than. If we don't get top 3 next season it will be a travesty.

View attachment 328419
Player of the season goes to Christian Stuff who ensured all those 0-0 draws (eight 0-0s in one season!!!) didn't finish 0-1!

Thanks for reading. Pre-season coming soon!

Too bad that you didn't manage to get promoted in the end, still ending 6th is still a huge achievement after the start you had. Pretty confident that you will manage to get promotion next season especially now that you can loan some Bayern talent :)

Too bad that you didn't manage to get promoted in the end, still ending 6th is still a huge achievement after the start you had. Pretty confident that you will manage to get promotion next season especially now that you can loan some Bayern talent :)

Thanks mate. It's a shame, especially after the great run, but our early form let us down. Just going to blitz pre-season now. Depending on how hectic it is I will either post a few updates or just round it up at the end. I am really hoping we can get some Bayern talent in on loan though!

View attachment 328162
View attachment 328168

Well, I stated I would be challenging for the title when I signed my new contract. Unfortunately I signed two weeks before the end of the season (with no way of pushing for the title as mathematically impossible) and so now this happened...

View attachment 328170

Remind me next time to state minimum expectations and then ask for an increased budget during pre-season!

View attachment 327972
Pre-season/July 2015

2015/2015 kicks off! For all of you who haven't followed, this is a home-grown challenge, as I look to bring Rostock up the leagues relying solely on German players, especially through my quality youth facilities and above average youth recruitment and average youth coaching. All of which are good for this league.

View attachment 327961
So here are the transfers out. No one too worthy of note except maybe Schwertfeger who pretty much forced a move away to a league above...

View attachment 327958
Fine by me!

View attachment 327960
Here are the transfers we brought in... We had a budget of about 500k and the departures freed up wages. The board didn't reinvest any of the Schwertfeger departure which was annoying but this is who we brought in. (We now have no budget remaining as these players commanded higher wages)

View attachment 327957View attachment 327956View attachment 327955View attachment 327954View attachment 327953View attachment 327952View attachment 327951
Here are the transfers we made! Mittelstadt and Conde are for the future but may get game time this year. Leistner is a first choice CB with promising stats. Deville is back up striker but has some good target man stats and international experience. Schuhen is back up keeper. Korte adds a great bit of quality on the wings. Definitely our star signing this summer. Sane offers some pace up front as well, with Ziemer a bit hit and miss.

View attachment 327947
Well, erm, thanks? I shouldn't be under pressure but last time I was it sparked a 21 unbeaten streak.

View attachment 327944
One of the best teams in the league. Disappointing to open the season with a draw but pretty unlucky.

View attachment 327949
Oh give over!

View attachment 327943
A convincing win silenced my critics as we proved dominant winners with newby Toni Leistner starting off the scoring.

View attachment 327941
Early doors! Hamburg II up next in August.

A quick analysis on my pre-season. A few youngsters are coming through and I will look to do features on them soon as they look to break into the first team squad. Bringing in quality home-grown players is a real tough ask. The quality of available non-HG players is a lot higher and this makes me a little worried in my quest to go forward. I am still pretty happy with my recruitment this season but was unable to bring in any loanees from Bayern (my new affiliate) as their players weren't interested (very annoying!) I also tried to sign Nick Proschwitz as well as a couple of other players who opted for other teams, with Proschwitz joining Regensburg. Incredibly annoying as he would have been a great target man! Aims of the season are to push for promotion so stay tuned for next month, providing the board don't get too rash and sack me!

Last edited:
View attachment 327710
August 2015 & Transfer Deadline Day

Busy, busy month with four fixtures and transfer deadline day. Again, we found it difficult to find quality German players on the cheap yet had to fend off bids for some of our young prospects.
View attachment 327691

View attachment 327709
A really poor result against one of the worst teams in the league so far. We should have battered them but nice to see a debut goal from Sane.

View attachment 327708
Another goal from Sane and a confident win!

View attachment 327705
View attachment 327702
Great to see Rodriguez bag his first goal and become the youngest scorer for the club but I am not happy with another loss so early in the season.

View attachment 327704
Another game where we really dominated possession and really limited the opposition's impact on the game. The way we are playing at the moment I am quite confident this season.

View attachment 327700
Certainly a better looking table compared to this point last year but I am disappointed to have lost two games so early in the season. Time to kick on and get some more points on board!

View attachment 327699
POM goes to newby Leistner who is looking rather consistent at the back!

Transfer deadline day was quite busy for us. We sold one player in Stevanovic leaving to Partizan for £120k.
View attachment 327698
As his stats show, he's quite average and he also suffers injury problems. No harm getting him off the books when we have talented players like Christiansen there ahead of him.

View attachment 327696View attachment 327695View attachment 327694View attachment 327693
Here are the players we brought in on a difficult deadline day. Burger and Hurzeler both signed from 1860 Munchen, the first on loan and the last on a free. Both should provide good depth. Thank you Bayern for sending Sinan Kurt my way! Although Blacha is one of our best players at AML, Kurt will provide competition or find himself starting. Finally, Vass was a loan move to back up Weidlich at RB, who has been largely inconsistent at times.

View attachment 327692
A quick round-up of the transfer window in our league. Despite having a budget of £500k and selling £400k of players, we were still the biggest spenders after putting out £325k on new players. The rest went into wages/into my board's pocket. As you can see, we fended off a bid for very talented prospect Borowski who came through in March.

That wraps up August. I will try and post some current player screenies soon to give an idea of what I am working with and whose stats have developed nicely over the last year!

A winless September, no wins in 9 games and I got the sack. Nice one! See ya guys.

Sad to hear about you getting sacked as I quite liked this story :(

The contract negotiation at the end of last season consigned me to the sack really. My job status was insecure after a very successful sixth finish. A glitch on the game really as I thought I was signing a contract with the aims for next season. From then I was insecure a the start of the season, with players getting anxious and before I knew it I couldn't get a win to save my life. We were dominating games as well. Drew six out of the nine, just unable to score the chances that came our way and threw away leads by sloppy own goals and other stupid scenarios. I'm really annoyed about it as my team didn't change too much so no real explanation as to why we weren't performing. I've found my tactic went in cycles of being unbeatable and unable to win. No idea why or what but it's too late now. Either find a new job in this save or start afresh. I don't really feel up for it at the moment! Thanks very much for following though!

Gutted you got the sack mate, was really enjoying this. :'(

One more werner pic to go out on? Lol.