^Does the A-League start with "Allocation Money" salary structures that expire? I have yet to determine how to gain more allocation. Toronto FC's cap drops from $42,000/week to $32,000 (or something like that) in short order; many matches I could only afford to register 11 men and hope.

Kudos to FM for integrating a realistic MLS Draft, Generation Adidas, Allocation Money, Trades and the rest of MLS' quirks, I can't think that is a high-priority league to the community. I was shocked to see the CSL and NASL teams in the game as well.

It's still a **** league to play in though.

are there any awesome regens that come through the drafting systems? is it the same as NBA when you the team are allocated the draft round? sounds like quite a lot of work went into recreating a realistic experience in the MLS, wish it had more depth to it as it could turn into a fun time when its draft season and you can scout picks etc for a few months prior etc..

^not really.

Then again I've only played through 3 seasons... TFC was looking Massive, Ahmed Khalil and Borja Bastons up front with Fausto Pinto, Jay Demerit and others at the back.

I would have kept going but my first of many XML parsing errors killed that save and the growing pains starting up in MLS just weren't worth it. I started up with Spurs.

It's possible that a great regen could come through the draft, but I only ever saw a 3-star rated player at the most.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

It is a pretty fun league to play in if you really want to be good at negotiating, finding cheap players and winning on a budget. The draft is a fun time too, and you can trade for other picks.

The problem is that the league isn't all that deep in real life. There is the CONCACAF Champions League but that's it for other competition.

spain is the hardest if you're not barca/real/athletico madrid. english leagues only take a matter of time before an outside team wins it.

@TorontoFC

I actually think both A-league and MLS are quite easy to win (won both in first season, MLS with Toronto btw!), and salary cap is a big reason for that: with some effort and focus into trade and transfers it's easy to have an advantage on AI, and build much better squads than your opponents.

Problem with MLS is it's bugged, poorly implemented (esp trade system and academies) and gets unplayable long term though I heard they're working hard to solve everything for FM12. Which I'd like to see, as I think MLS has the potential to be a very unique and interesting league to play

Ukrainian league (if your aren't Shakhtar or Dynamo Kiev)
You have no chance against Shakhtar money, if you manage small club.

Ukrainian league (if your aren't Shakhtar or Dynamo Kiev)
You have no chance against Shakhtar money, if you manage small club.

I won the very first season with Dnipro :)

the russian league is hard btw. i managed a 2nd div. team named khimki, and though i made it close to promotion, my players get real tired.

it 2 gmaes a week, one on Wednessday, the other on Saturday

I won the very first season with Dnipro :)

not sure how there finances are in the game but there meant to be fairly rich

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

i think with the mls the shitness of the ai really comes to the fore. it has loads of potential but yeah after 1 season its ****.

La Liga is easy, I won it 3 years in a row after the 1st season with Villareal

Premier League is quite difficult though especially if you not top 6 for the 1st two seasons or so, then you domiate :)

Difficulty of La Liga varies per game, or even season, imo. Very random. Real Madrid and Barcelona can be unbeatable, then lose 4 games in a row. Clinched the title with Valencia in season 5, because I capitalised when both of them picked losses, and managed a 15 game win streak. Other seasons, I would pick up around 100 points, and finish 2nd. Far too random. Always occured in my games in the Spanish league, doesn't happen in EPL/S-A, BDLA etc.

Premier League isn't too hard if you have a few players with high determination and that excell in big games. Takes a few seasons, but its possible. Easiest for me was Serie A. Won it in 2 seasons with Napoli, and didn't have any problems. Juventus/Milan are very weak, and Inter are very beatable.

La Liga is pretty hard, but once you manage to win it once, more will follow. I managed to win it for the first time on 3rd season as Atletico Madrid, and since then i won it again the next 2 years, and currently im again on 1st place with half a season left.

Premier league is hard only with mid table teams. If you start as one of the giants, its far too easy. Ligue 1 is a pretty competitive league imo as there are like 4-5 teams challenging it every year, same goes for Bundesliga.

i found the french ligue 1 most hard and entertaining ;)

In my recent experience, Premier League and Serie A, as there are quite a few big clubs with quite massive budgets and even being a big club still doesn't make it easy to come out at the very top. The jumo between challenging for the title and winning it is massive and unlike in smaller leagues, it's very hard to win a majority of years once you've hit the top, something I have done in the likes of Sweden, Ukraine and Norway (often not at the biggest clubs) quite a bit.

Serie A seems so easy. I won it three times in a row with Cagliari! Altough now I have a beast team.
In Liga Sagres it depends, if you're not using the three bigs or Braga, it can be quite hard, specially cause either Benfica or Porto won't lose points that often :)

Premier League isn't that hard. I'm currently #1 in the 1st season with a Newcastle team that has a lot of players struggling to adapt to life in England.

my anzhi team
viviano
corluka masiello mongongu roberto carlos

jucilei elano

boussoufa riquelme dzsudszak

tardelli

hahah dont know how i dont win league with that team.​

How did you use 11 foreigners.only 6 foreign rule i had amazing midfield and forwards but my defenders were russian and they werent any good. everygame finished with more then 5 goals a game. Anzhi was tough for me.

Last edited:
cheated man changed russian citizenship to 1 year, gave riquelme second nationality as russian(hes of russian descent ha)

but at same time it benefits other teams as well, the way the system is really only benefits the big teams with the good russian players.

You want hard? Try the Skill Training Northern League D2. Created a local club with a rep of 1, made it amateur....21 games in and still to win. It's possibly the worst ever start I've had to FM 2011 ever. And yet, I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to achieve the goal of mid table safety