• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zavvi just sent me this e-mail:

"Hi Andy Burns

Thanks for placing your order with zavvi.com order number 9591978

We are sorry but due to a technical error the payment for your order may show on your payment card statement or account more than once. This has been investigated and can confirm that the subsequent charge that is showing will expire within 48 hours.

We apologise for any inconvenience or confusion that this may cause.

Thanks for your patience.."

Does anyone know what this means? I still haven't received a dispatch e-mail.. I would ask Zavvi myself but I'm really not in the mood to go through automated systems and such. If anyone can help then thanks. Sorry if this is conceived as spam but I would really like to know..

By the looks of it, it don't look good

this is what I got

Thank you for your order with zavvi. We can confirm the item(s) below have been sent to you.

Delivery will normally take between 3 to 5 working days, but can sometimes take a little longer due to postal delays. Please allow 10 full working days before notifying us of any delays in arrival.

We send each item of your order as soon as it becomes available at no extra charge. If you are waiting for any other items which are not listed below you will receive a further e-mail once they have been sent.

We will endeavour to keep you updated on the status of your order and any delays that may occur.

The following item(s) have been sent to:

I got both of these messages this morning :'(

Yeah I got the two emails. Looks like I'm not gonna get the game during half term now.

Ok I shouldn't of said Gutted. Karma has bitten me on the backside.

I've gone for a shower, come out and seen a slip saying it's been delivered and nobody was home because my mum fell asleep and didn't hear the door!! Arghhhhh :@ :@ :@

Shame. Where did you order it from and where do you live?

Frankly, Zavvi is a joke, they claim in the email sent with dispatch that in order for their prices to stay low there isnt an option for them to use a courier. Surely it is the product we are buying for the initial fee not the delivery. Unless i am mistaken, delivery is paid for later (although in this case Zavvi were offering free delivery). Now surely if you PRE ORDER a product you should get it on release day. Regardless of the price a person may have paid for an object they should recieve it on time. Another claim made was that Zavvi would be posting products as early as possible in an attempt to bypass Royal Mail strikes. Is the 28th really early, from past experiences other retailers such as Play and Amazon would dispatch their products around two days early under NORMAL circumstances. I will certainly be in contact with Zavvi in hope that some form of compensation as such can be made for this. I urge as many of you as possible to do so. In reference to the question, the email shouldnt be anything to worry about. Keep your eye on your bank statements and if you feel extra has been charged still by around Tuesday next week then get in contact.

I ordered off zavvi, and mine came in the post. I live in west london (H)

Play.com are immense :wub:^^) Got mine yesterday, thankgod I didn't order from Zavvi

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Nicee, maybe some places are worse in the postal strike than others

As far as im aware Zavvi are located in Northwich (around 10 miles from where i live). The postal service around me is still running as per normal, maybe now you see why i am so annoyed!

Shame. Where did you order it from and where do you live?

Zavvi and North West London. :(

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Yep, came at the same time I'm guessing, because when I went into the shower there was nothing, when I came out, everything was there. :(

Last time I pre-order anything from Zavvi! :(

And I'm about 99% my game isn't coming today. Guess I'll wait until Monday.

Have you got your other post yet

Yeh my other post came, it was stuff for my car insurance aswell which was about something i changed on Tuesday. So that was able to get here in 3 days.

Unlucky mate, if you go to the shop and buy it, you could send the zavvi one when it comes, you'll gett your money back

I know im contemplating it. Its just deciding whether only spending £17.95 is worth waiting for however long. I have an awesome game on 09 going but it doesnt stop me from wanting to play the new one.

well I emailed zavvi to complain that I pre-ordered it ages ago and its not here on time yet play and amazon ones are and even some other zavvi ones. also that the double charge put my account up to the limit so I cant even take out money till they sort it! If I dont get compensation Ill not use zavvi ever again and inform everyone of the problems ;)

well I emailed zavvi to complain that I pre-ordered it ages ago and its not here on time yet play and amazon ones are and even some other zavvi ones. also that the double charge put my account up to the limit so I cant even take out money till they sort it! If I dont get compensation Ill not use zavvi ever again and inform everyone of the problems ;)

Nice. Im planning on a formal letter i think ;) Ive done it with loads of things before and got money back etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back