Has anyone had success with Harry Kane with fm16?

it just gets so frustrating that n'jie plays so well and harry doesn't. maybe my tactic is for faster strikers not like target men or whatever the other's are saying.

sorry about the CA spoilers :(

If you think Harry Kane is remotely as good as Agüero, then you've got bigger problems than you think. You should fix your tactic to make Kane fit in instead of cheating with the IG-editor IMO

If you think Harry Kane is remotely as good as Agüero, then you've got bigger problems than you think. You should fix your tactic to make Kane fit in instead of cheating with the IG-editor IMO
its unfair harry's so slow and wastes his chance's so much with shoot with power preferred move. so i'm getting rid of that and making him place shots like sergio aguero does for his preferred moves, and to see how he goes then.
i dont have to cheat then i can just train him for it.
and for more quickness.
i want him to get about five shots a game and about one goal every 10 shots :)
is that not fair that.

Last edited:
i think maybe to make harry kane 17 pace and 17 accel. and dribb. 15 or something like that and you can use the pre game editor (if there is one) not the in game one, and to make him place shots and not shoot with power or have him both and see if he can score goals then as an advanced forward.

Is there any way to close this thread now? It's turning into a lesson into how to edit rather than any actual helpful tactical tips or advice.

ok but it be's like to make harry kane more like a scoring threat like he should and lots of people might want this advice or advice on his replacement like 17 pace and 17 accel. and 15 dribb for a search in fm16.
i also think that a 20 accel. and 20 pace kane is much slower than an about 17 pace and accel. n'jie.
its like that somehow so editing doesnt matter that much when not doing it that much, and its a lot better this year with the worse players being so great!

Last edited:
View attachment 212966

here's my edited harry kane for an advanced forward role.
overall 179 CA. so pretty good and can score goal's pretty good too.
i'm not worried about the 20 pace or accel. cause it still be's like harry kane cause he be's slower somehow?

maybe he should have his dribbling 17 and his balance brought back to 17. thats about all extra i can think of.
its really frustrating with harry kane cause he misses easily shots and then just kicks it middle of the goal not more towards the stanchions. with this though he might get a ccc and score, so its great harry kane :)

Last edited:
i think with the dribbling and balance change, this harry kane is like the real one being an advanced forward and not really the fm16 default one.
you could edit it for a pre game editor for free or the sports interactive in game one and see what you think.
its just so frustrating that n'jie is so much better than he is and harry isnt with the defualt fm16 harry :(
on the plus side most of the other players are great :)

There is nothing wrong with Kane to begin with. SI have got his attributes right, just like they've got N'Jie's right. He is not better than Kane. The difference is that he is more suited to your tactic than Kane. That's what it is. So you need to either sell Kane and use strikers more appropriate to your tactic, or change your tactic.

Think of Brendan Rodgers and his strikers. Some of them fit into his tactic, some of them didn't. What happened when he kept trying to fit players into a tactic that didn't suit them? It didn't work, and eventually he got sacked. I'm sure he wishes he could wave a magic wand and say "I want Benteke and Balotelli to have the same attributes as Suarez, then they'll fit into my tactic", but you can't do that as a manager.

i think maybe to look what is good about sergio aguero and try and make harry like that a bit.

Sorry dude, but Aguero is the best striker in England. He's way beyond Kane at the moment, in basically every aspect besides heading/jumping reach. Aguero is a phenomenon, only restricted by his injuries. Kane is nowhere near him.

Here's my kane
at the beginning of season, Kane really toothless.. but since I train him well, the result like this
but the big problem is.. he always trapped by offside

View attachment 212868

ok aguero better????
here's aguero versus spurs Spurs v Man City Match Report | Barclays Premier League and the fans rating.
i think aguero is better, but not by that much at the moment. vardy i could understand your comments on.

as for training him then maybe more quickness would be good for what i want to do but maybe i could train him like you justtt.

your kinda right patrick but i dont and i think most spurs players dont want to sell harry kane but they dont want to have to play him as a lone target man, either case, that wont work i dont think.
so to maybe have him a target man with another striker or play an attacking midfielder trying to clean up the scraps from his headers like peter crouch played for spurs as a target man, and i forget who was the attacking mdifielder, when they got into the champions league!
before van der vaart.

Last edited:
i think sports interactive have gotten most or nearly all the spurs players right, just not harry kane.
so well done to sports interactive for that and i can just maybe train him to be more like i like and not spray so many shots well wide!
i think with my edited harry kane i've tried to make his physical stats better and not his other playing stats as much. if i did both he would be 200 CA, as it is he's only about 179 CA and able maybe to stay at spurs.
i'm trying to edit, just a bit, where it's needed, but to play the game properly with players leaving and being low morale.
for fm15 i did morale boost's and edited the players so they were 200 CA, some of them, to get them to play better. this fm16 i dont have to do that they can be worse, except for the striker and pace and accel., and be great!

Last edited:
i am tottenham fans...tbh kane irl never fast striker...so i think SI are correct..

You just need to know how to use a slow striker Jordan Rhodes got 25 goals for me in my Blackburn save in my first year back in the prem and pelle got 26 in my Southampton save without any kind of editing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just need to know how to use a slow striker Jordan Rhodes got 25 goals for me in my Blackburn save in my first year back in the prem and pelle got 26 in my Southampton save without any kind of editing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats your advice for using a slower striker? I ask (going off topic) as i'm playing as Newcastle, Mitrovic as my sole striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation and he could be playing better than he currently is. Usign him as a complete forward but ***. manager recomends Target man support but his team work and work rate are both 7.
I have wingers/support either side and a AMC/Support just behind him.

There is nothing wrong with Kane to begin with.

His dribbling stat is still absolute garbage and in no way representative of his play. That's the one I find really baffling, I mean if you watch him play it's pretty obvious he is better than an 11 in dribbling. The stats back that up too. 14 would be more appropriate, and would allow you to play him as an advanced/complete forward, which is really he needs to be both viable and similar to real life.

Last edited: