Has Steam ruined your gaming experience?

• Thread starter Thread starter Celticthroughandthrough88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 6K
Lol no I haven't actually raised it with steam, I've just moaned about it on here!
I imagine they will recommend that I unistall and reinstall everything which is what happened because I brought a new laptop.
I had this thought that maybe it occurred when I shut down the laptop too quickly after exiting fm, thinking maybe steam doesn't get the chance to shut down correctly before the laptop shuts off, but I doubt it, I think I'm just looking for anything that causes it.
I never noticed on my old laptop win7 that steam was waiting to close down, it doesn't show programs waiting to close on win8 but I doubt it was that anyway.
...and of course the only reason I use steam is for fm it's the only game I have on my laptop.

I would definitely raise it with Steam. Same issue on two different computers? Not sure the problem is your end at all. Given how often they do update, you could soon get a long term solution. Can you think of any similarites between your old laptop and new. such as antivirus programs etc?

Yeah I have a paid subscription to norton, that is the only other similarity so that could well be the root cause, I hadn't actually thought of that, I will look at the settings although I believe I looked at the allowed programs list on my old pc for something else and I think steam was allowed.
I thought I had narrowed down the issue to when a new steam client update was available, as it popped up when I went online, but on many occasions it didnt and i checked manually and I had the latest update already and simply connecting to steam and then going offline again allowed me a few days/weeks playing time.
I will try to contact steam next time I take my laptop to work, for now I have the game running again but it's boiling hot and I'm not sitting in mcdonalds car park any longer.
Steam can pay my medical bill when I have a heart attack because these double cheeseburgers are killing me!

No, I wish people would stop complaining, get with the real world and stop living in the past.

No, I wish people would stop complaining, get with the real world and stop living in the past.

Tbf it was a pretty constructive OP highlighting a problem as did the previous few posts highlighting a potential major problem and was just asking for advice on what to do from anyone had a similar problem.

I just hate steam for network games, hamachi was just better for it.

I just hate steam for network games, hamachi was just better for it.
Agreed, joining by server IP was much simpler than Steam's join by region which can be frustrating to figure out at first.

Back