Reaction score
Hasenhuttl Counter 4-4-2 ( new version released )

This is a tactic inspired from RBL playing style
its a 4 defenders 4 mids 2 attackers tactic
counter, speed, quick passes, high tempo, score a lot, beautiful football to watch
tested with TSV Munchen 1860 in Bundesliga 2 and Bundesliga 1 + couple matches with RBL

RBL save

View attachment 79999View attachment 79998View attachment 79997View attachment 79996View attachment 79995View attachment 79994View attachment 79993

Munchen Lions save

View attachment 79992View attachment 79987View attachment 79988View attachment 79989View attachment 79990View attachment 79991View attachment 79984View attachment 79985View attachment 79986

View attachment 79983

Version 2

couple of changes in player roles, player instructions, attacking corners ( I will appreciate any advice as I'm not satisfied with it ), OI managed by the AM with high attributes in tactical knowledge and judging player ability ( thanks for @fullsynchro for his advice )

View attachment 79276

View attachment 79275

Last edited:
Let's test with Moreirense!

good luck, to get the best results
right winger right foot
left winger left foot
all 4 defenders should have defensive attributes no need for modern full backs
I favorite players with high work rate and physical attributes even the strikers doesn't need to be real false nine players or having high finishing composure off the ball anticipation etc attributes , Olic Seferovic Penaranda Manneh were awesome in my Munchen lions save

Wow. For almost a year people have been trying to find the right formula for a successful 4-4-2. If you have done it sir, hats off for you, and I can only regret this has come so late! :p

It works fine. There are some crazy games like with Benfica (6-4) but in general terms is pretty solid.
And yes, thanks D10S (god) finally a 442 that works... I guess with a better team must be unstopable. My Moreirense is the dog of the underdogs... but look that game, with subs:
View attachment 79941

Last edited:

Have fun
tips: if you are looking to score such as you are losing change the width to balanced this will make your team more threatening and create more chances but also will let your defense weaker, I use balanced when I concede a goal even if I were leading by 2 or 3 ( I'm a clean sheet fan )

Also using this in Lazio second season and it's working great best 442 with strikers will post results tomorrow when I finish the season. Not happy with new FM so far:(

Wow. For almost a year people have been trying to find the right formula for a successful 4-4-2. If you have done it sir, hats off for you, and I can only regret this has come so late! :p

for me its super, worked extremely well with underdog teams such as Munchen lions
give it a try and tell me how did you see it ( if you are still playing FM17 )

Also using this in Lazio second season and it's working great best 442 with strikers will post results tomorrow when I finish the season. Not happy with new FM so far:(

Can't wait to see those SS, so glad that an old experienced member like you liked it

BTW try to buy Nuno Santos from Benfica I got him for around 850,000 euros, the best left winger you can get for an underdog team and suits the tactic

View attachment 79840View attachment 79839
this is how we looking in the league so far and in CL we beat schahtar into 1/8 now
View attachment 79838View attachment 79837
as You see on that pictures i had moved down one F9 to be AP(A) because i was using Zyndars Smuggler in first season, so i dont have any strikers(just bought Shick from sampdoria in january) and i bought Asensio and hes amazing in AP slot. Using AP version only away
will update after i finnish the season

View attachment 1131600View attachment 1131601
this is how we looking in the league so far and in CL we beat schahtar into 1/8 now
View attachment 1131602View attachment 1131603
as You see on that pictures i had moved down one F9 to be AP(A) because i was using Zyndars Smuggler in first season, so i dont have any strikers(just bought Shick from sampdoria in january) and i bought Asensio and hes amazing in AP slot. Using AP version only away
will update after i finnish the season

Great results
I'm currently leading the league with RBL 22 matches 19 wins 3 draws 0 losses
a sweeper keeper with kicking attributes will lead many counters
i'll wait for an offer for Horn so I can chase Ederson
and I'm looking for a new role instead for the BWM as my BWM sent off 5 times due to high aggression and low decisions
imagine a couple F9 Dybala and Messi, a couple of wingers such as Costa and Gelson
I bet every match will end no less than 5

Finally 3rd cause the lots of injuries, but luckyly we can count with our star (who is not a real striker...) for cup final:
View attachment 1131604View attachment 1131605
View attachment 1131606View attachment 1131607

Similar to my career with Munchen Lions the defense leaks many goals
try to buy or loan CB's and train them for the flanks as DFB
defenders with physical abilities, marking, tackling, positioning, decisions, concentration, anticipation, aggression, bravery, teamwork, determination, work rate are what you should look for, RBL defenders are GREAT methods
my back four are Klostermann, Orban, Upamecano, Bernardo
FM17 is so easy with RBL and this tactic

Im gonna test this tactic with Valencia, i just have a couple of questions :)
Should i train the fullbacks as defensive fullbacks? and are acceleration and pace important for them? :)
A player like Jose gaya maybe will suit the winger role better in this tactic i think? :)

Great results
I'm currently leading the league with RBL 22 matches 19 wins 3 draws 0 losses
a sweeper keeper with kicking attributes will lead many counters
i'll wait for an offer for Horn so I can chase Ederson
and I'm looking for a new role instead for the BWM as my BWM sent off 5 times due to high aggression and low decisions
imagine a couple F9 Dybala and Messi, a couple of wingers such as Costa and Gelson
I bet every match will end no less than 5