from what i tested it seems to work better if you use no oi or the oi of a good AssMan ( +18 Tatical Knowledge , + 15 judging player capacity) but it is without a doubt the best 442 this year! love the consistency of the defence when you have 4 CB type players who doesn't take any unecessary risks! anticipation , off the ball are very important for strikers because tatic relies very much on crosses ( on my opinion) !

Great job man, keep it going ! gonna start a proper save and post results ! not planning on buying 18 any time soon!

BTW try to remove get further forward and move to channels for the B2B and hold position and fewer passes for the BWM my team improved a lot

I can agree with this and i think you should release a second version including these changes! :)

BTW try to remove get further forward and move to channels for the B2B and hold position and fewer passes for the BWM my team improved a lot after I removed those instructions specially if you have a player who has good passing, vision and flair in the BWM role

I can agree with this and i think you should release a second version including these changes! :)

If you do decide to release a new version please do not make a common mistake: some people just update/upload the file with the same name, that leads to some confusion between the versions. At least add a V2 to the tactic name, and do not delete the original from the opening post. You will always have people thinking the first version is better, posting their results, and others asking for a link to it.

If you do decide to release a new version please do not make a common mistake: some people just update/upload the file with the same name, that leads to some confusion between the versions. At least add a V2 to the tactic name, and do not delete the original from the opening post. You will always have people thinking the first version is better, posting their results, and others asking for a link to it.

sure I will
currently I'm making couple of changes as the tactic doesn't work as it was, Target Man tactic probably will come soon

I made couple of changes to some of the players roles, player instructions, OI

everything is working great I'm competing with FCB and BVB for the title, reached the third round in the cup and qualified to the knockout stages in the CL but I need couple more matches to settle on the full back roles ( as the DFB's are killing me with the direct passes ) and I'm working on the set pieces but unfortunately its winter break so probably tomorrow afternoon I will release the new version
it was a hard season beginning :D

View attachment 79354View attachment 79353View attachment 79352View attachment 79351View attachment 79350

from what i tested it seems to work better if you use no oi or the oi of a good AssMan ( +18 Tatical Knowledge , + 15 judging player capacity) but it is without a doubt the best 442 this year! love the consistency of the defence when you have 4 CB type players who doesn't take any unecessary risks! anticipation , off the ball are very important for strikers because tatic relies very much on crosses ( on my opinion) !

Great job man, keep it going ! gonna start a proper save and post results ! not planning on buying 18 any time soon!

Never thought of using the AM OI's sure I will give it a try if I find a good AM with those stats
thanks for the praise and enjoy

Sure I will don't worry about that
BTW tomorrow I will release V2 which I hope it will be much better, there is description about it above

Is there an alternative to Complete Forward? I'm playing in the lower leagues

Is there an alternative to Complete Forward? I'm playing in the lower leagues

even if the striker is ineffectual ( red ) as a CF it doesn't matter I have a regen who is ineffectual as a CF but he performs very well, any way try AF or poacher probably it would work as there is 2 wingers crosses a lot

Last edited:
My friend, congratulations. I had lost all hope of finding a great plug and play 442 for FM17. What can I say, you not only made it, you made it big time! The way a team plays with your tactic is just amazing, gameplay is a feast to the eyes, with wingers, strikers and CM always passing the ball around beautifully, with goals coming both from crosses and trough balls. Great upfront, with strikers scoring like crazy, and very solid at the back. And you did all this without using 3 DC or strikerless formations. As I said before it's sad this as come so late, with FM18 arriving. Even so I will play FM17 for a couple of months (waiting for all the crucial patches for FM18 to come out), so I started a brand new save just to use this tactic. Using predicted last Falkenbergs in the swedish league, with only 4 free signings. I'm using the original tactic as results have so brilliant, that I'm not going to change what is so near to perfection!
PS: it really reminds me the way my beloved FC Porto plays this year with Sérgio Conceição.
View attachment 79235View attachment 79234View attachment 79233View attachment 79232View attachment 79231View attachment 79230

My friend, congratulations. I had lost all hope of finding a great plug and play 442 for FM17. What can I say, you not only made it, you made it big time! The way a team plays with your tactic is just amazing, gameplay is a feast to the eyes, with wingers, strikers and CM always passing the ball around beautifully, with goals coming both from crosses and trough balls. Great upfront, with strikers scoring like crazy, and very solid at the back. And you did all this without using 3 DC or strikerless formations. As I said before it's sad this as come so late, with FM18 arriving. Even so I will play FM17 for a couple of months (waiting for all the crucial patches for FM18 to come out), so I started a brand new save just to use this tactic. Using predicted last Falkenbergs in the swedish league, with only 4 free signings. I'm using the original tactic as results have so brilliant, that I'm not going to change what is so near to perfection!
PS: it really reminds me the way my beloved FC Porto plays this year with Sérgio Conceição.
View attachment 1132273View attachment 1132274View attachment 1132275View attachment 1132276View attachment 1132277View attachment 1132278

I'm glad that it works well with you, great results :D