Have people underestimated Arsenal?

kevdo

Reaction score
Having watched the EPL a helluva lot over numerous years,i've never supported any specific team but always had a few teams that i like to watch due to the football on display but after watching Arsenal dismantle a Spurs side that i happen to rate quite highly this season i think they've been written off too early?

Yes they had the two manchester sides do the double on them but it looks like their getting it together in time for the all important Xmas fixtures?

Fabregas looks back to his best,Van Persie looks as if he could get more goals than last year,Gallas has cut out all his bullshit and Vermaelan looks a steal at 10 million?
But the player that has my mates and me talking? CLICHY!!!! I gotta mate thats a season ticket holder at Celtic and after their elimination from the Champs league i asked him what was the difference really and he replied "Clichy, he's a ******* machine!" the guy looks a better player than Ashley Cole?

Just wondering what people think about this?

I love Van Persie he is Fabregas, Henry and Bergkamp rolled into one, Arsenal are solid though, seem to bottle sometimes when things aren't going there way like Man City away but at the Emirates, they can be unstoppable, not sure how they will handle Drogba though, be hardwork for Vermalean and Gallas, although Tottenham were ***** Crouch sort of exposed there height frailties.

People had underestimated us yes. Many even thought we would be knocked out of the top 4? What a joke.

We may not win a trophy this year (Though it's very possible) but we are still a fantastic team.

Still think Fulham should of beaten you this season though, Manonne had a great game :) Van Persie scores his usual tight angle impossible goals

I feel their squad is better on the whole compared to Man Utd and definitely Liverpool. Although all United need is one or 2 extra players in midfield/attack. If Song gets injured they will have problems trying to replace him & also when he goes to ACoN. Arseal have the best attack with Van Persie, Walcott, Eduardo & Arshavin. Drogba & Torres are better individually but the arsenal attack work very well together with Fabregas' help.

Yeh Song really impressed me too,show's why Wengers got so much faith in his ability,he can track back,good positional sense,great tackler and can get forward and create!

I think it is too early to say if people have underestimated them, theirs a lot of football left to play and arsenal could still drop out the top 4. But if anyone has underestimated them it is definetly not me as i predicted them to finish 2nd.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Yeh Song really impressed me too,show's why Wengers got so much faith in his ability,he can track back,good positional sense,great tackler and can get forward and create!
strange if you hadn't said song i would have sworn you were talking about anderson.;)

I think they'll definitely finish in the top 3

Too often Arsenal are a let down in the final third. Van Persie,Arshavin and Walcott are real talents but are often hit and miss when it comes to form or injuries. I do think Bendnar is starting to come good. Have never been his biggest fan but when he plays for Denmark he is like a different player.

I think it is too early to say if people have underestimated them, theirs a lot of football left to play and arsenal could still drop out the top 4. But if anyone has underestimated them it is definetly not me as i predicted them to finish 2nd.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

strange if you hadn't said song i would have sworn you were talking about anderson.;)
Nah Song doesn't strut and pose as much as Anderson!!!;);););)

Nothing new here, Every year fans all over the world write us off before the seasons even started and every year arsenal are still in 'The top four'. Spurs fans just dont learn do they? They are no way near the level of arsenal and the game lst night proved it no lennon and defoe the squad is short of options and ideas.

Arsenal need to learn how to kill off games then we'll be perfect.

Last edited:
Too often Arsenal are a let down in the final third. Van Persie,Arshavin and Walcott are real talents but are often hit and miss when it comes to form or injuries. I do think Bendnar is starting to come good. Have never been his biggest fan but when he plays for Denmark he is like a different player.

Dunno why some Arsenal fans don't like him, he doesn't score all the time but did you see Eduardo against Spurs, he's everything you want in a striker as well, Height, Pace, Strength and power. At they don't have to put up with Zamora every week even though he has hit some form.

Bendtner looks like he could be worth a starting slot more often this season?

To be honest with you i think Arsenal play the best football in the league and maybe in the world.

Bendtner looks like he could be worth a starting slot more often this season?

Honestly try and watch him for Denmark. I really think he is improving.

Dunno why some Arsenal fans don't like him, he doesn't score all the time but did you see Eduardo against Spurs, he's everything you want in a striker as well, Height, Pace, Strength and power. At they don't have to put up with Zamora every week even though he has hit some form.

Zamora is terrible. I really cannot see why anyone would play him.

To be honest with you i think Arsenal play the best football in the league and maybe in the world.

Clearly you do not watch Spanish football ^^)

I think its because he has to lead the team by example as hes one of their best players(well i mean best striker) ? Good player i like him but i can see why arsenal fans dislike him it does become frustrating when a specific player keeps missing sitters!

bobby zamora for fulham haha lol.

Last edited:
Spanish football only seems really good because their are about 2 competent defenders in the whole league.^^)

I do watch some Spanish football but i think Arsenal play better football

Kris Zamora is on fire my friend, 6 goals 3 League 3 EU, it is Andy Johnson who I'm worried about, I think he's rather *****, Bobby took Carragher to pieces yesterday and was the main reason we won, i reckon he can get about 7 league goals this season, maybe 10 if i push. He also had great game versus Roma, Mexes didn't like him anyway. He deffo a confidence player though.