Have you ever managed your real life rivals?

Never though I'm tempted to do a story where I have to get Liverpool relegated without getting sacked (6)

Eurgh, most likely glory supporter then.

Stupid comment.

On topic: I have never managed Arsenal, purely because I've had no desire to. Not because I feel sickened by them or something ridiculous like you lot are making it out to be.

Last edited:
closest thing i got to rivals is either Arsenal or Leeds lol

Eurgh, most likely glory supporter then.

You're such a ****.. ¬_¬

If Coventry were to EVER reach the heights of Manchester United,then you'd most likely be a glory-hunter yourself.

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR , I would manage almost any team in England , even though I support Man United , but managing rangers is a totally different story.

I remember in FM08 I managed Chelsea for two seasons. Thankfully, nobody knows this (Untill now XD).

It's only a game oO) Some of the comments on here about managing rival clubs are just weird :S

would never dream about becoming manager of Man City, Liverpool or Colchester United, just no couldnt do it

I have managed Tottenham, but only as an amateur Journeyman. Well, saying amateur, Spurs isn't all that a bad place to end up <)

Not managed Cardiff though.

Or Barcelona.

I was offered the goons job on FM09 and decided to make them bankrupt and got them relegated before being sacked. I loved every minute of it. They continued on a downward spiral through the leagues and had great satifaction seeing them plummet. Not a bitter person really.

I'd be physically sick if I chose to manage Rangers XD. I tried to help my brother [rangers fan] and he got demolished in most matches XD

I've been Everton once and hated it. I hated every second, they are so ****!
And I would never manage United, total scum. ;)

just wouldnt enjoy being forest, coventry or derby so havnt bothered :)

just wouldnt enjoy being forest, coventry or derby so havnt bothered :)

Boo! Forest is actually a fun game to play- see if you can match real life success.

Anywho, no not so far- closest I came is I used to play as Leicester in Fifa 98 (or maybe 2000?) when they only had premiership teams in the game :D

As this is a GAME i have managed almost every premiership team including local rivals Everton.
However GAME or not, I would never touch the ****** Mancs I hate their gutd

I have never even managed Liverpool or Man City. I wouldn't even touch them with a ten foot pole. I only prefer to manage mid table or lower EPL teams like Sunderland, Birmingham, Fulham etc or the Championship. I have a Bolton save though, merely for me to test my tactics since I can afford to lose. (H)

I can't help but think alot of you are being a bit too serious? It's a game!. I have no problem managing Hibs or Celtic on fm.