Having Problems With Steam (Look Here)

No they will be fine.

Great.
All done.
How come you have your acievements and current league place etc on your signature bar on this forum, can I get that?
Cheers for all your help Sean, you are a star!

Last edited:
Great.
All done.
How come you have your acievements and current league place etc on your signature bar on this forum, can I get that?
Cheers for all your help Sean, you are a star!

If you click on my sig it takes you to a mini site where you can register and create your own.

Help!

Hey,
i installed football manager 2010 the other day, it wasnt working with steam as i got this error:
Steam.exe (main exception): unable to load steam library.dll

I then installed it without steam and it worked for a while then i closed my laptop down and then it wont open again. i can install it via steam or with the disc, im not too bothered but now i cant get it to work! can anyone help? im not the best with computers so any help would be brilliant, just frustrating that i now cant play!

I can't play FM without an internet connection anymore it seems.. I try and go into C Drive, program files, steam apps, common, then I click on the fm icon and it keeps on using Steam.. There used to be a way around this but it won't work for me anymore..

I downloaded footy manager 10 off steam few weeks ago, and it wouldnt let me play whenever i clicked on it, it said programme not responding. I tried re-installing it with steam and it worked, however it has since stopped working again, Iv tried re-installing it loads of times but it doesnt work. The game should work fine on my laptop asi have FM 09 and that works perfectly.

I can't play FM without an internet connection anymore it seems.. I try and go into C Drive, program files, steam apps, common, then I click on the fm icon and it keeps on using Steam.. There used to be a way around this but it won't work for me anymore..
Anyone able to answer this?

I can play FM with Steam in Offline Mode no problem. No internet connection needed.

Hey, I purchased the game from Direct2Drive and I want to activate it on Steam. Everytime I try though it says invalid product code. I've tried copying the code and pasting it but nothing works. Anyone who knows what's wrong?

I have FM installed with Steam. It won't update tho. Always says Downloading Starting..... Has been saying this everytime I have tryed in the last 3 days..... H E L P!!!!!!!!!

I'm having the same problem as Max and its really getting in my chops!! It means when I'm at work I actually have to consider doing work as opposed to playing FM.

Used to be able to work - now it just says that it cannot connect to Steam. the manial says you shoul dbe able to play offline, at least with the disc in.

If anybody can help I'd be forever in debt to you.......

Cheers

my steam wont even open, ive clicked everywhere i can find and every thing looks ok at my end but i dont know much about computers
Any Ideas
Wes

I'm having the exact same problem as #29, except I bought mine from Game.

I have FM installed with Steam. It won't update tho. Always says Downloading Starting..... Has been saying this everytime I have tryed in the last 3 days..... H E L P!!!!!!!!!

Steam Stuck on Updating

First

try this

Restart Steam

Second

If the issue persists, exit Steam, rename your ClientRegistry.blob, and restart Steam. The ClientRegistry.blob can be found in your Steam installation directory. c:\program files\steam by default.

Third

If the issue still persists, you may have issues with your local Steam files. You may refresh these files without deleting your game files. Please follow this process to refresh your Steam files:
1-Exit Steam
2-Navigate to your Steam installation directory. (c:\program files\steam\ by default.)
3-Delete everything in that directory EXCEPT the following:
steam.exe
steamapps directory (All of Steam's game files are kept here.)
4-Restart Steam

First easy fix For most problems :
Certain Steam issues may be corrected by renaming the ClientRegistry.blob and restarting Steam.
Completely exit from the Steam client.
Go to C:\Program Files\Steam (or the Steam directory that was specified during installation).
Locate ClientRegistry.blob and rename this file to ClientRegistryOld.blob.
Restart Steam to allow the file to be recreated.

This fixes most common problems like crashes and errors with the steam client

Hi, I've tried everything on the web and it still ain't working. Haven't been able to play FM for days now. Mine says FM failed to start (error code 83). Anyone able to solve this?

I'm not sure what that error is. It seems like a new error caused by the latest Steam Update. It's not just with FM it's also with other games. I haven't found a fix yet. I recommend completely uninstalling Steam and downloading it again.

Hey guys need some advice, i have a steam account however my email registered to it was to my uni i was attending however with being no longer at uni they decided to remove my account without telling me. No here comes the problem i do not know my password for my account and i cannot get a password retrieval. I have sent two emails to steam and still no feedback outside this email has been passed onto a steam representative. How long does it take for them to get back intouch first email sent wednesday and second today. Also i have thought about creating a new account but am i right in saying if i do so i cannot use my product key again? Has anyone got any ideas on how i could get back on to FM world?

thanks

Hi i have tried installing my game through my drive but had no joy so i used steam and the product key and it loaded fine but my face packs ,kits ,skins,backgrounds transfers etc wont apply !! what am i doing wrong??

steam

hey, if i download a facepack off here and put it in my graphics folder will steam read it? Also can people add me Gromit243 or is there a fm10 base chat on steam? cheershaha

I'm confused.

What do I do if i cannot connect my computer to the steam network?

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Hm, so much for redirecting me here. ¬¬