Having Problems With Steam (Look Here)

I'm confused.

What do I do if i cannot connect my computer to the steam network?

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Hm, so much for redirecting me here. ¬¬

So what's the problem?

Is it a computer with an Internet connection that cannot connect to Steam or is it a computer that doesn't have an Internet connection?

Same problem as Max really, I cannot play FM unless I'm connected to Steam. So if my internet connection goes I can no longer play it.. Any way around this?

The offline mode button does not work

Hi Can anyone help!.

Just got FM2010 as a birthday present so installed it. done the stream which took over an hour and i clicked on the box for start game when stream has finished then i get an error message saying cannot run game. failed to set up graphics system. Help help help im **** with pc's and im dying to play this game.

Regards,

moby_79

So what's the problem?

Is it a computer with an Internet connection that cannot connect to Steam or is it a computer that doesn't have an Internet connection?

My Stepdad just checked all the connections, they are fine. It must be something with my labtop, any ideas?

i dont know about this being said already but can you get addons on steam

I can't find my disk, and it still won't connect to the servers. I have no idea what to do now. :(

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:28 PM ----------

anyone know the solution to this?

Steam.exe (main exception) to run Steam, you must first connect to the internet.

But i'm already connected to the internet? I hate Steam.

I can't find my disk, and it still won't connect to the servers. I have no idea what to do now. :(

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:28 PM ----------

anyone know the solution to this?

Steam.exe (main exception) to run Steam, you must first connect to the internet.

But i'm already connected to the internet? I hate Steam.

It's probably your firewall.

You could also try running Steam as an administrator.

Steam is loading Fine however when i click the play button on FM2010 Steam Shuts Down

Help?

hey i have fm 2010 but how do i install facepacks and skins etc on it as i would be able to but i have fm on steam so i have no idea? cheers

Hi there

Do you know if i can run a network game with my friend if he is running off steam and i am running off the DVD on my mac?

we're having (a lot of) problems connecting

many thanks

j

hi, my shift+tab used to work perfectly but recently it has stopped working and wont let me on to the overlay, i press the windows button and open the steam window and see that my friends are not online when i know they are and on theirs it says that i am not online when i am

anybody any ideas to what to do?

Hey, I've just got the error 'Steam.exe (main exception): CMultiFieldBlob' it hasn't been listed in Seans OP so I was wondering how have people fixed this?

Last edited:
Help needed please :(

I've had a look through the forum and this thread but nothing specificially has anything to do with this issue.

I didnt want to follow any of the fixes either because the last time I tried to mess about with the .blob file, I couldnt play the game at all.

Okay so I have the disc in my hard drive and every other day of the week I can bring the laptop into work and play it without an internet connection (on offline mode in steam) with no issues however, today and also two weeks ago I clicked to start in offline mode and I am getting the message "could not connect to steam network. This could be due to a problem with your internet connection, or with the steam network. Please visit ........ "

I tried a simple restart but nothing. I tried to launch FM2010 without steam (not even sure if its possible) and the link for FM2010 was shown as an invalid programme type, maybe this is normal not sure.

I've not changed anything, there was some windows updates that installed last night but does that matter?

As I said the last time I done this, I read to delete the .blob file and that basically created a blood bath.

Pretty please can someone help :(

Hi there, I have purchased FM 2011 through Steam and had absolutely no problems when downloading or installing, noe that the game has been fully installed I cannot open the game to play.

Below is a screen shot of what happens, when I click 'Play' nothing happens, then if I click 'Play' a second time it tells me 'FM 2011 is already running'.

Have you any idea what the problem might be, I have tried all the usual stuff, re-install, close all files through task manager etc..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Screen shot of problem:

2it3r7q.jpg

how do i run fm with steam if i didnt when first installing the game?